Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Watertown Daily Times

JOHNSON CREEK - An 11-year-old Johnson Creek boy died from a gunshot wound Thursday at his home. Foul play is not suspected and the sheriff's department said this morning it appears the shooting was accidental.

According to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department, dispatchers received a report of the shooting in the town of Farmington at approximately 2:15 p.m. Thursday. The deceased person was Joshua J. Nimm, 11, of W5098 River Road, Johnson Creek.

Deputies, along with personnel from the Johnson Creek Police Department, Johnson Creek EMS and Fort Atkinson paramedics, all responded to the residence where the shooting occurred.

There, with his father, Nimm was located with a fatal gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead by the Jefferson County Coroner's office about 35 minutes later. The cause of death was ruled to be a single, .22 caliber gunshot wound to the head.

“We are ruling that it is an accidental shooting,” Jefferson County Detective Sgt. Larry Lee said. “The child was getting ready for school and decided to skip school. He was playing video games and we found out he had a .22 caliber rifle that belongs to him. He had access to the rifle and a magazine was kept somewhere else by his parents. He was familiar with the rifle and had been shooting it a couple of times a month - he lived out in the country, so that was nothing unusual.”

Lee said it appeared, following the department's investigation, that after playing a combat video game called “Halo,” Nimm took the gun and tried to recreate some of the things that had occurred in the game. With an automatic rifle, Lee said there can sometimes be confusion over whether it contains a magazine or not, and this confusion likely led to Nimm's death.

“He took the magazine out and forgot to eject a round that was in the chamber. He probably thought the gun was unloaded,” Lee said.

Lee said numerous people, including Nimm's parents, his school teachers and his bus driver, were all interviewed and stated he had shown no signs of depression or any differences in his personality recently.

“Dad came home in the afternoon and when he came in the house, the child was in the home and was deceased,” Lee said.

Lee said the incident shows the need for extreme safety with firearms.

“The safety issue with weapons is so important. People should always treat them like they are loaded,” he said.

Nimm was a student at Johnson Creek Middle School. Funeral arrangements are pending at Hafemeister Funeral Home in Watertown.
Darwin greets and hands a trophy.

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2008-09-06 06:40:14)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

11-year-old left home alone with access to weapons? Geez...

Not a hightech weapon too, it should not fire without a magazine
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

DeathUnlimited wrote:

A harsh message to daddy to lock them guns up.
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

you cant an hero in halo, so how was he recreating something?
Stimey
­
+786|6119|Ontario | Canada

i g wrote:

you cant an hero in halo, so how was he recreating something?
­
­
­
­
­
­
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6492|N. Ireland

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Read the article, lots of country kids have access to rifles ... "nothing unusual" I believe is what it says

Anyway, poor kid. Just goes to show gun safety is important, and that there are some things games don't teach you (eg. rounds in gun and ammo clip)
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

kylef wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Read the article, lots of country kids have access to rifles ... "nothing unusual" I believe is what it says

Anyway, poor kid. Just goes to show gun safety is important, and that there are some things games don't teach you (eg. rounds in gun and ammo clip)
thats the first thing they teach you.

ALWAYS TREAT A GUN AS IF ITS LOADED!!!!!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6492|N. Ireland

i g wrote:

kylef wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Shows my distinct levels of gun training, huh
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

i g wrote:

kylef wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

QFLMGHT
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

i g wrote:

or clear it so its safe.  but ya.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6228|NSW, Australia

blames it on a game. again
retards
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Nappy wrote:

blames it on a game. again
retards
i must have missed that part
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina
Halo ins't that bad.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5749|شمال
Rip
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Fucking hell. I blame the parents 100% for this.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
It isn't really Darwin awards is it, he was 11. Who wasn't stupid at 11, I did something similar regarding a chambered "round" with a bb gun at that age.

I'm just wondering how he little arms could make it so he could aim it at his head and pull the trigger, if that's what happened.
.Sup
be nice

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Now that we got that discussed, the store is open for 35min. Should I go get a case of beer? Give me a good reason to lift my ass up and go to the store.
To meet some hot mom there?
Commie Killer
+192|6386

DeathUnlimited wrote:

It doesnt matter if its hightech or not, once there is a round on the chamber, you cant get it out by just removing the mag.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
What was he planning to do had if it had an empty chamber anyway? Is there some sort of emote in Halo where you shoot yourself in the head? Honestly, my biggest problem is pointing one at other people, as I'm too awesome to point it at myself.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

That's why it's important to teach your kids gun safety. First thing my dad taught me was:

usmarine wrote:

i g wrote:

or clear it so its safe.  but ya.
before even letting me near them.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
.Sup
be nice
Aussie and Ultra are in love!
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL
NEVER look down the barrel of a gun, loaded, unloaded, or even partially disassembled.

Gun safety isn't that difficult, figure it out...
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

S.Lythberg wrote:

NEVER look down the barrel of a gun, loaded, unloaded, or even partially disassembled.

little late for that kid
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6178|Wisconsin
Only in Wisconsin
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

S.Lythberg wrote:

Unfortunately with gun safety it's one of those things that you rarely learn from your mistakes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard