ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
So, the economy is sheduled to collapse next month. Just google it, there are a plethora of people calling it.

If next month comes and goes we can tell them all to shut their yaps.

If December 21 2012 comes and goes and the world doesn't go to hell then the world can begin looking forward to a future, and not the end.

Please attempt to explain the rampant paranoia of these two dates, and why people should be worried or not.
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6164|California
21 December 2012 is just a date that some people became really paranoid about when they read on the internet that an ancient calendar suddenly ends on that date.  In reality, most experts on the Mayan calendar believe that Mayans considered it a mark of the beginning of the age of enlightenment for the human species (basically a "spiritual" awakening).  As for the scientific community on this date, it ranges all the way from a galactic alignment causing polar shift to sun flares destroying what infrastructure we currently have, but the evidence is not sufficient enough to make a definitive statement.

As for September 2008, well...this is the first I've ever heard of anything happening on this month so I'm completely lost on this one.
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Didn't anyone learn thier lesson from Y2K?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)

ATG wrote:

So, the economy is sheduled to collapse next month. Just google it, there are a plethora of people calling it.
You got a reputable linky for that?

I googled it and found nothing but rumour-milling.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6624
or how about the bird flu?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

You got a reputable linky for that?

I googled it and found nothing but rumour-milling.
Just rumours with the 2012 thing as well.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

ATG wrote:

So, the economy is sheduled to collapse next month.
Really? Because from what I've seen, it's actually getting better.

Atleast, when I see gas down 40 cents and I see the dollar rising back up, I think things are a bit better.

-shrugs-
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

If catastrophe comes, so what.
ReTox
+100|6498|State of RETOXification
I just watched a History channel show on youtube about this Dec 21, 2012 date.  The one reason they gave is that our planet will align with the sun and the centre of the galaxy.  The idea being that a super massive black hole would cause the poles to shift.  Everything I know about how much effect a black hole has, even a super massive one, says that we are too far away for that to happen.  Our poles have shifted int he past but I believe I read that was thought to have been caused by a sudden change in the planet's core.

However, having both Chinese and Mayan predictions for the end of the world is kinda interesting... I guess we'll see shortly after the next summer Olympics.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

INSIDER NEWS ON THE WAR AGAINST IRAN, AND THE COLLAPSE OF THE ECONOMY THIS SEPTEMBER 2008!
yea boi!
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715
it will be a heck of a party if the world does end...
Love is the answer
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6452|Ontario, Canada
I think Kmarion put it best of what is exactly going to happen.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6166

Poseidon wrote:

ATG wrote:

Really? Because from what I've seen, it's actually getting better.

Atleast, when I see gas down 40 cents and I see the dollar rising back up, I think things are a bit better.

-shrugs-
That is just the euro dropping.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6671|Colorado
We suppose to unlock our true potential as humans on dec 21 2012, remember things long forgotten & skills we never thought were possible will emerge with the shifting of the poles & the realignment of our brains. Supposedly telepathy is one of the skills, if this shit is true It quite possible could be the golden age of man. So the world as we know it would end, but a new one born in it's place.
I won't hold my breath though, they have been saying the world was going to end since the beginning of time.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6517|Montucky
I'm actually looking forward to the Mad Max Scenario myself..
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

TrollmeaT wrote:

We suppose to unlock our true potential as humans on dec 21 2012, remember things long forgotten & skills we never thought were possible will emerge with the shifting of the poles & the realignment of our brains. Supposedly telepathy is one of the skills, if this shit is true It quite possible could be the golden age of man. So the world as we know it would end, but a new one born in it's place.
I won't hold my breath though, they have been saying the world was going to end since the beginning of time.
https://www.dmitrylinkov.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/heroes-cast-3.jpg
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6166

TrollmeaT wrote:

I wish my brain remembers how to make me fucking teletransport (and teletransport while fucking, and fuckign while teletransporting), I hate driving everywhere.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
I turn 33 on Dec 21, 2012 so obviously that's a monumental day anyway.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

ATG wrote:

Self fulfilling prophecy. If you all think that the economy will collapse, the fear that will it is enough to be the precursor in the collapse that was predicted.

If everyone expects a fall, they will obviously bail out as fast as they can.

Once that starts, it's like rats leaving a sinking ship. Then the ship sinks.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6182|Ireland
I will be sure to wear clean underwear.
liquix
+51|6453|Peoples Republic of Portland
If the economy collapses, and society after, I'm going murder route. I live on the top floor of the building, so I'll slay my neighbors with the good old m14. I will pilfer their foodstuffs and use their furniture to barricade the stairs and elevator, the use their ransacked apartments to gain better vantage points to reign fire down upon any hapless individual on the streets one hundred feet below.

Or, nothing will happen.

/sarcasm ftw
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6301

weerdfoo1 wrote:

21 December 2012 is just a date that some people became really paranoid about when they read on the internet that an ancient calendar suddenly ends on that date.  In reality, most experts on the Mayan calendar believe that Mayans considered it a mark of the beginning of the age of enlightenment for the human species (basically a "spiritual" awakening).  As for the scientific community on this date, it ranges all the way from a galactic alignment causing polar shift to sun flares destroying what infrastructure we currently have, but the evidence is not sufficient enough to make a definitive statement.

As for September 2008, well...this is the first I've ever heard of anything happening on this month so I'm completely lost on this one.
Couldnt have said it any better well said.....
JahManRed
wank
+646|6627|IRELAND

Those dates mean nothing to me. Total Rubbish.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6548|UK

How did it get so popular anyway?  Looking on youtube many of the videos are easily into the million mark, and a fair few have several hundred thousand.

Very easy to get taken in by it all.  Soon as you put your foot on the shoot your probably going to slide down it.  That said, I wouldnt be suprised.  With my last few seconds I am going to park in a handycaped spot. 
chittydog
less busy
+586|6834|Kubra, Damn it!

Roc18 wrote:

Didn't anyone learn thier lesson from Y2K?
No, they still use two digit years!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard