Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Hey guys. Look at this. Not the Heavy. The background.

If this isn't a hint/confirmation of a new environment I don't know what is

https://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/Spidery_Yoda/newenvironment.jpg
Brasso
+1,549|6649

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Hey guys. Look at this. Not the Heavy. The background.

If this isn't a hint/confirmation of a new environment I don't know what is

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/Sp … onment.jpg
could be just the breathtaking russian landscape
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6453
I can see heavies ruining double jumps for scouts from now on.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Oh I know, they're really messed with the Scout here. The *only* thing going for the Scout is his speed. With one of these Heavies about he's useless.

Valve specifically said that they weren't going to have any weapons that would mess with other people's vision or mobility.

They've gone against that and I think the Scout is in real trouble now.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-08-15 12:08:24)

kptk92
u
+972|6426|tc_london
Fuck sake, this shouldn't even be an unlock - slowing enemies down, great, Scouts are deemed pretty useless if they get hit.. it actually depends how slower they go

Come on Valve, you can come up with better ideas than this.

Only thing I found amusing was the caption: "Now Sasha - Don't Be Jealous"

Last edited by kptk92 (2008-08-15 12:09:09)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
*sigh*

Bring on the sandwich then I guess

Although. It sounds like it could be quite useful. It's just the Scout. If it didn't affect him i'd be really happy with it. It seems balanced and intruiging. And i'm happy to see that they have ideas for unlocks that arent just critical hit modifiers .

But its going to break the Scout.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-08-15 12:13:42)

kptk92
u
+972|6426|tc_london
I swear to God if Valve roll out the Sandwich...

the Heavy is fucked because I don't play it much anyway
SizzlingMidget
+39|6318|UK
lame.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
I'm beginning to think that aside from the initial Heavy rush, these unlocks really won't make much of a difference to the Heavy's play time. Unlike the Medic and Pyro where both classes got a permanent boost (less so the Medic but he used to be least played I think).

Edit:

Hang on a minute.

"The Heavy's second unlockable, Natascha, slows enemies with her bullets."

Does this mean the gloves are the first? It doesn't say on the KGB page. That'll be a first.

Does this also mean that the shotgun replacement is the 3rd unlock? Interesting.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-08-15 12:19:49)

kptk92
u
+972|6426|tc_london
The unlocks aern't OMGWOW like the Pyro's and the Medic's were when they were announced. They just sound like tools to aid the Heavy without his Medic or any allies.

A Heavy is still fucked either way you put it, including the Scouts... I'm guessing he is next in line for an update then?
kptk92
u
+972|6426|tc_london
Anyone damaged by her will move slower for an instant
How long is an instant exactly? I hope it is instant as in a second or less seeing as the Heavy's minigun is capable of firing quickly
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Just another thing I feel like adding. I don't like this day by day unveil.

I far preferred the Pyro's one.

One day out of the blue we were told that Meet the Sniper would be out the next day, we got a glimpse of the flare gun, we then got all 3 weapons and the achievements thrown at us in one go, and before anyone knew what was going on we had the update.

This time its very slow, nowhere near as exciting, and generally disappointingly underwhelming. Plus we STILL don't have the vid and now we have to wait another 3 days to get the next update .

Which might be a sandwich .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-08-15 12:31:59)

kptk92
u
+972|6426|tc_london

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

This time its very slow
Well the Heavy is slow LOOZOOZZLWOOOLO c wat i did thar
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Yeah very clever.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6453

kptk92 wrote:

How long is an instant exactly? I hope it is instant as in a second or less seeing as the Heavy's minigun is capable of firing quickly
Probably half a second but since the heavy usually is constantly giving damage to a guy, it'll mean you're constantly slower.
kptk92
u
+972|6426|tc_london

Fat_Swinub wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Probably half a second but since the heavy usually is constantly giving damage to a guy, it'll mean you're constantly slower.
Ye thats what I was thinking.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6453
Since the scout runs at 400 and it's a 25% reduction he'll run at the same speed as the sniper/engineer/spy/pyro when hit.

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2008-08-15 12:41:07)

kptk92
u
+972|6426|tc_london

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Since the scout runs at 400 and it's a 25% reduction he'll run at the same speed as the sniper/engineer/spy/pyro when hit.
+double jump
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6487

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Yep, and the gun does less damage. Also with Scout you run fast enough that you don't get hit. It's a good trade off. Scout will be okay, you'll just need to be on your toes more and the heavier classes will just wtfpwn a Heavy with that gun.
kptk92
u
+972|6426|tc_london
More and more I think about it, it is a balanced unlock now that the Scout doesn't really slow down if you are skilled enough to avoid enemy fire. Still, Valve broke a promise that they wouldn't make something that alters speed.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288

kptk92 wrote:

More and more I think about it, it is a balanced unlock now that the Scout doesn't really slow down if you are skilled enough to avoid enemy fire. Still, Valve broke a promise that they wouldn't make something that alters speed.
We don't know how much it slows him down yet.

The rumour was 50%. Lets hope it was wrong.

But yes like i said a few posts ago I think the weapon sounds nice and interesting. Maybe it'll be ok for the Scout. We don't know yet.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-08-15 13:40:06)

Brasso
+1,549|6649

kptk92 wrote:

oh come on, it's a little hard to avoid a minigun's barrage of bullets now isnt it?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6695|respawn screen
Melee unlocks were 3rd for medic and pyro. I think the first unlock will be the shotgun one that we don't know about yet. The shotgun is the weak point of the heavy, he needs some distinction from soldier/pyro there. If the slow-down unbalances the game depends on how Valve does it. If every hit slows the enemy down about 1% it's ok. You take less damage from it so you get more time to get into a safe position.

Some of the unlocks so far are fun for the moment but are useless for the typical game (like the flare gun). From the unlocks so far I usually equip Blutsaugher & Ubersaw, the others only if I find them appropriate, like Kritzkrieg when I have a good heavy/soldier with me.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Everyone!

The achievements now have descriptions.

Here are the 2 sandwich related ones:

Konspicuous Konsumption: Eat 100 sandviches.

Don't Touch Sandvich: Kill 50 scouts using Natascha.

This makes me think that the sandwich is Natascha-related. Yeah?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6539|Austin, Texas
Maybe. Maybe not. I don't like it as a shotty replacement.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard