SealXo
+309|6535
Is this guy ignorant as well as stupid?

He wants to take (raise) capital, and various other taxes, to pay for 'plug in hybrid cars' within 6 years. How the hell are we going to get that within 6 years? Especially from Michigan. It takes two years to get a gas car on the line. Let alone a whole new technology. Then how are we going to charge these fuckers? He's also telling us we HAVE to buy American cars? No more Germans or Japanese I guess. And these batteries don't fall out of the fucking sky. They have to be shipped around the world for this to happen, which mining the nickel alone causes more pollution than oil, not taking into account the OIL it takes to ship this stuff round the world.

Then he busts mccain for getting money from oil companies, when McCain opposed the bush oil tax cuts a few years ago and Obama voted for them? And has this guy ever picked up a fucking book? MBA lesson one: Corporations don't get taxed, the people do.

So for the next ten years. I'll have fun paying expensive gas. Or we could vote McCain, who would do offshore drilling. Speculation is estimated 30-40% of total oil cost. So if we did do it, wed see a HUGE fall in prices within a month. I mean bush signed a useless piece of paper and it fell 15 bucks. Imagine the possibilities. And taxing offshore drillers would just make us import even more oil.

Anyways, vote Obama, because feel good rhetoric with no substance or good factual information that makes no sense is great.

"Yes We Can" Is now, no we can't: No we cant drill offshore, no we cant go nuclear, no we cant go coal, no we cant talk about my wife, no we cant talk about my pastor, no we cant talk about where im from, no we cant talk about my religion, no we cant make fun of me.

And if you question my political stance, YOURE RACIST. No wait, your not racist, youre just cynical.
I hope he wins all FIFTY NINE states

Also, inflating your tires would only work if everyone drove with there tires drastically under inflated, which is not the case. And even if that was true. Sir Obama, oil is speculated, air is not.

"If it moves, tax it, if it keeps moving regulate it, and if it stops moving, subsudize it" - Ronald Regan.

Fuck tax everything thats a problem, thats the way to solve it. In a already starving economy.

^Right there he is saying, "Who cares what it does to government revenues, im a communist."

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o155/xXxTheDevilsRejectxXx/RS15643-2_3923copy.jpg

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-08 11:18:52)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715
I almost hope he wins... so that a year later people will say... how the F did this guy get elected...? 
Much like the Bush haters say now.

Obama is a great rockstar speaker...but has no experience...

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-08-04 11:30:25)

Love is the answer
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554
Racist. lol
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6342|tropical regions of london
It cracks me up that people preemptively throw out calls of being labeled racists.  Yeah, race really isnt an issue with you....
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6404|Earth
Ugh, why can't we just have Ron Paul? But I'd say Obama is the lesser of two evils. I'd rather have Bush again than McCain.
Signature
SealXo
+309|6535

God Save the Queen wrote:

It cracks me up that people preemptively throw out calls of being labeled racists.  Yeah, race really isnt an issue with you....
I am refering to his claims the republicans are racist or cynical or whatever the hell he thinks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfddUIU1LR0/[youtube]

[youtbe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjRfKVwRUds[/youtube]

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-04 12:07:03)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

People would vote solely for McCain if he promised a dollar less at the pumps.

That being said, offshore drilling is only a temporary solution. We would forget about alternative fuels for years, go out and buy that suburban again, and then in thirty years when we really are out of oil, we will look back on ourselves and cry.

Fuck both of these people, but I don't want McCain in office either way.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6342|tropical regions of london

pyscofrawg wrote:

Ugh, why can't we just have Ron Paul?
because he's an asshole and the peoeple who follow him are wierdos.
SealXo
+309|6535

stryyker wrote:

People would vote solely for McCain if he promised a dollar less at the pumps.

That being said, offshore drilling is only a temporary solution. We would forget about alternative fuels for years, go out and buy that suburban again, and then in thirty years when we really are out of oil, we will look back on ourselves and cry.

Fuck both of these people, but I don't want McCain in office either way.
Arctic anwr rocky shales nevada offshore if way more than 30 years. And yes its a temporary solution while we get these fuel efficent vehicles with alternate energy. but in the mean time, expensive gas is killing me.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-04 12:14:29)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command

pyscofrawg wrote:

I take it you have never heard him speak.

What issue do you have with The Constitution that you would brand it's believers in the one guy best defending it as weirdos.

Again, all emotion, no logic.
Jesus man, do you ever read the news?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida
LOL.... and Fox New isnt biased.

thanks for proving it (second youtube video)
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6222|Brisneyland

sealxo wrote:

He wants to take (raise) capital, and various other taxes, to pay for 'plug in hybrid cars' within 6 years. How the hell are we going to get that within 6 years? Especially from Michigan. It takes two years to get a gas car on the line. Let alone a whole new technology.
America already has a hybrid ready for production, isnt that what the GM Volt is. Good looking car, big ups to the US for making it. If they power it with Nuclear/alternative energy, then it is a pretty good deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Volt

I seriously doubt that oil exploration will result in a significant drop in oil prices. I havent got any figures to prove that so its just conjecture.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6197

pyscofrawg wrote:

Because theres too many Gunslinger and usmarine in your country.. The kind of people who thinks he is crazy and racist because the television said so.

The kind of people who should start to read books.
SealXo
+309|6535

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

sealxo wrote:

He wants to take (raise) capital, and various other taxes, to pay for 'plug in hybrid cars' within 6 years. How the hell are we going to get that within 6 years? Especially from Michigan. It takes two years to get a gas car on the line. Let alone a whole new technology.
America already has a hybrid ready for production, isnt that what the GM Volt is. Good looking car, big ups to the US for making it. If they power it with Nuclear/alternative energy, then it is a pretty good deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Volt

I seriously doubt that oil exploration will result in a significant drop in oil prices. I havent got any figures to prove that so its just conjecture.
Then what about installing all the charging facilities? Getting past the Oil lobbies, and making safety regulations for a entirely different vehicle?
That would all take years and years to get past, not 4-6.

I mean it takes long enough to INSPECT cars to make sure they come up to safety standards, let alone create new ones for a car like that.

And when your car breaks down, whos going to fix the thing? Youd have to completely retrain mechanics how to do this. And where would I take it? Send the thing back to Michigan? GM is already poor, how are they going to afford to rebuild there facilities to repair these cars?

Then I completely disagree with the electric car idea, because mining this nickel is 10x dirtier than oil is. Then it takes all the oil for the boats to ship it to China and Europe to get it refined. I don't think we have the proper refinerys to make these batteries, let alone the volume even if we did.

And secondly, speculation is an estimated 30-40% of crude oil costs (theres your figure.). And like I said, there are two bans on offshore, congressional and executive. A few weeks ago Bush signed off the executive which meant nothing, and it fell 15 dollars. Imagine the possibilities.

Today oil went below 118$'s a barrel, and if we lifted the ban next week, wed have 80$ a barrel oil easily. The lower oil falls, the higher the Dow goes. And stocks are starting to rebound.

And what the fuck is with this 1000 dollar energy rebate shit from the oil companies, that will just raise oil prices.

And then how are we going to generate the electricity to charge these things? According to Obama we can't use anything but wind and solar. And how long would it take to build that all up?!

Spearhead wrote:

LOL.... and Fox New isnt biased.

thanks for proving it (second youtube video)
They also has Tom Daschle speak for an equel amount of time. And atleast they don't donate money to mccain like NBC does to obama. Thats REAL fair news. And atleast they take both sides, unlike the New York Times (there stock is doing great atm)

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-06 12:03:52)

Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6222|Brisneyland

Seal wrote:

Then what about installing all the charging facilities? Getting past the Oil lobbies, and making safety regulations for a entirely different vehicle?
Charging happens at home. Who cares about oil lobbies. Most car makers are taking steps to distance themselves from them. Safety regs are there now with hybrid cars. As for repairs. Auto electricians can do it.
Its all possible.

You will have to provide me with some sort of link before i believe your figure on oil speculation.
The#1Spot
+105|6539|byah
Ship economy European and Japanese cars to the US. I dont think there was ever a 40mpg combined car that ever came from the US besides a Geo metro. Almost none doing 35mpg. Where as there are quite a few achieving 50mpg+ coming from Europe and Japan. With just that there can be very little dependence on oil as there will be many alternative cars to choose from. I mean why the hell is dodge and chevy bringing back the camaro and challenger with $3.80+/gal?
SealXo
+309|6535

The#1Spot wrote:

Ship economy European and Japanese cars to the US. I dont think there was ever a 40mpg combined car that ever came from the US besides a Geo metro. Almost none doing 35mpg. Where as there are quite a few achieving 50mpg+ coming from Europe and Japan. With just that there can be very little dependence on oil as there will be many alternative cars to choose from. I mean why the hell is dodge and chevy bringing back the camaro and challenger with $3.80+/gal?
Mustangs are mostly made in Japan anyways.

And we cant even refine the engines here ebcause we have no refinerys its going  to ship overseas anyways
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina

ATG wrote:

pyscofrawg wrote:

I take it you have never heard him speak.

What issue do you have with The Constitution that you would brand it's believers in the one guy best defending it as weirdos.

Again, all emotion, no logic.
Jesus man, do you ever read the news?
The problem with Paul is that he isn't very realistic.  Granted, I do agree with the general idea of shrinking government.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6222|Brisneyland

Seal wrote:

Mustangs are mostly made in Japan anyways.

wiki on mustang wrote:

The current Mustangs are manufactured at the AutoAlliance International plant in Flat Rock, Michigan.
13rin
+977|6478
I love this thread.

Obama lovers, don't fret for he will probably change his plan tomorrow.

Lets see.... 

No character, flip flopper, Zero experience, Hangs with racists (until caught then he does it in secret), yea... I know who I'm voting for.

SealXo wrote:

Is this guy ignorant as well as stupid?
Anyways, vote Obama, because feel good rhetoric with no substance or good factual information that makes no sense is great.

"Yes We Can" Is now, no we can't: No we cant drill offshore, no we cant go nuclear, no we cant go coal, no we cant talk about my wife, no we cant talk about my pastor, no we cant talk about where im from, no we cant talk about my religion, no we cant make fun of me.
^favorite part...  No we can't!
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Turquoise
O Canada
McCain = another 4 years of Bush

I'll take my chances with Obama -- staying on the same course we've been on for almost the last 8 years is suicidal.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker

The#1Spot wrote:

I mean why the hell is dodge and chevy bringing back the camaro and challenger with $3.80+/gal?
People who drive muscle cars don't do it for the gas mileage. 

Btw, my 20 year old Oldsmobile gets 28mpg combined.  Even if there was a full size 40mpg non-diesel car available, I'm still several hundred dollars per month ahead because I have no car payment.
13rin
+977|6478

Turquoise wrote:

I'll take my chances with Obama -- staying on the same course we've been on for almost the last 8 years is suicidal.
Wha? How so?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

Turquoise wrote:

How much did Obama pay you to say that?
Turquoise
O Canada

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

How much did Obama pay you to say that?
He paid me in common sense.

Seriously, do you think a guy who has almost all the same policy stances as Bush (McCain) is really going to improve our situation?  I know Obama can be out there on certain topics, but seriously, I'm ready for a change at this point.  I'd even say that if I was Republican.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard