jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

I believe in a creator, but I do not buy into the macro intention aspect. This probably came about because people most do not think greater than themselves.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

m3thod wrote:

usmarine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Praise Allah.
i beg your pardon?  did you miss the sarcasm?
no, i joined in with the derailing.
ya well i dont think beslan is one thing to joke about.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland

m3thod wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i would be more inclined to worship someone who could stop the suffering, not just sit back and watch.
pssst, there is no god.  it was all made up, a hoax, like crop circles.  Yet just like crop circles, there will be those that will never believe it is a hoax because they read about it in a book from the nonfiction isle.
Are'nt you a bible basher?
I come from a very religious family.  I believe in the morals taught by the bible but there is no god.  I don't think that religion is evil and that it is good for weak minded people to have something they claim to believe in that creates a social pressure to keep them from generally running amuck.

What I fear is the people that REALLY believe there is a God, those be some dangerous mental retards.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

as God is more than capable of preventing it
Some would say, it's not gods job to intervene.  Rather you have to justify your existance when the time comes where i am sure the choice made to either prevent or continue the suffering will be raised...
So eternal justice will be achieved at the price of the unimaginable suffering of innocents.
More or less.  The belief is while on this world you are provided with the time to enable your justification to heaven.  There will be no intervention from a higher being.  You are responsible for yourself and for the people that surround you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qiyamah
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
+2,197|6673|UK

usmarine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i beg your pardon?  did you miss the sarcasm?
cause and effect.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

m3thod wrote:

usmarine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

cause and effect.
so you are saying it was justified?
m3thod
+2,197|6673|UK

usmarine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

usmarine wrote:

cause and effect.
so you are saying it was justified?
I'm saying if you post something off topic expect the response to be anything but related to the OT.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

ya thanks
m3thod
+2,197|6673|UK
pleasure.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
I think the Joker said it best...

"You see, nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If I told people that a gangbanger was going to get shot, or a busload of soldiers was going to get blown up, nobody would panic. Because it's all part of the plan. But tell people that one tiny little mayor is going to die and everyone loses their minds!"

If there is a god, he either has a really fucked up plan, or...  he's like the Joker and has no plan.

In fact...  with the way life can be, it's easier to fathom that the creator of this world would say something like this...

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I caught it. You know, I just *do* things. The mob has plans, the cops have plans, Gordon's got plans, you know. They're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I am not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are....  It's the schemers that put you where you are...."
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

jsnipy wrote:

I believe in a creator, but I do not buy into the macro intention aspect. This probably came about because people most do not think greater than themselves.
I was thinking the other day about how ludicrous religion sounds when you have to explain it out loud. Imagine explaining it to an intelligent adult who had never heard of the concept before.

Believer: I believe in a God.

Non Believer: A God? What do you mean?

Believer: A God...you know, someone who created the universe and everything in it.

Non Believer: And where is this God?

Believer: Oh he's not actually in this world, he exists in heaven.

Non Believer: Heaven? Where is that?

Believer: It's another existence altogether.

Non Believer: And where is it?

Believer: Errr, well I don't know, no one really knows.

Non Believer: Well then how do you know it exists? Has anyone ever been there.

Believer: No, you only go there when you die.

Non Believer: Then how do you know it exists?

Believer: Well it comes down to faith, you have to believe.

Non Believer: But why would you believe in something that no one knows exists for sure? I could just make up my own heaven and believe in it could I not?

Believer: Yeah but this heaven has been written about and believed in for thousands of years.

Believer: But if I wrote about my heaven then it would be just the same for other people a few thousand years from now.

Non Believer: Errrr

And so on and so on.

Last edited by Braddock (2008-07-31 17:49:28)

m3thod
+2,197|6673|UK
Dont worry bradders i'll put in a good word for ya.  Hopefully you're not a secret paedo or something...
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

m3thod wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Some would say, it's not gods job to intervene.  Rather you have to justify your existance when the time comes where i am sure the choice made to either prevent or continue the suffering will be raised...
So eternal justice will be achieved at the price of the unimaginable suffering of innocents.
More or less.  The belief is while on this world you are provided with the time to enable your justification to heaven.  There will be no intervention from a higher being.  You are responsible for yourself and for the people that surround you.

1) Being consumed in hellfire seems to be getting off kinda easy wouldn't you say so? Why can't people be judged without effecting someone else's ability to lead their own life and be judged accordingly?

2) If there is no divine intervention on earth, why do you pray to your God, or do you not pray in a Christian sense? (asking God for things as well as honoring him)
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

m3thod wrote:

Dont worry bradders i'll put in a good word for ya.  Hopefully you're not a secret paedo or something...
Cheers, I'm gonna try and get Serge to put in a good word with Jehovah for me too and I'm already good friends with the Dalai Lama as it is.

I aint hedging my bets...and for the record I only go for strictly over 18's or at the very least grown up looking 17 year olds.*

*DISCLAIMER - no under 18's were sexually violated in the writing of this joke.
m3thod
+2,197|6673|UK

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

1) Being consumed in hellfire seems to be getting off kinda easy wouldn't you say so? Why can't people be judged without effecting someone else's ability to lead their own life and be judged accordingly?

2) If there is no divine intervention on earth, why do you pray to your God, or do you not pray in a Christian sense? (asking God for things as well as honoring him)
You're not consumed by hellfire....yet.  You're in 'stasis' until judenment day where you will be questioned about your life.  Essentially your good has to be greater than your bad and from there your route will be chosen.

You pray 5 times a day because it is commanded by god.  You dont ask for anything.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6345|tropical regions of london
im zorostarian
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

God Save the Queen wrote:

im zorostarian
i thought you like strippers?
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6345|tropical regions of london
thats the 8th tenet of zoroaster

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-07-31 18:03:38)

Turquoise
O Canada

Braddock wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Cheers, I'm gonna try and get Serge to put in a good word with Jehovah for me too and I'm already good friends with the Dalai Lama as it is.

I aint hedging my bets...and for the record I only go for strictly over 18's or at the very least grown up looking 17 year olds.*

*DISCLAIMER - no under 18's were sexually violated in the writing of this joke.
In Korea, the age of consent is 13...  They won this...

https://www.yatpundit.com/random_pics/pedobear_seal.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Higher power.. maybe. All the gods organized religion has put forth.. not so much. We are born from stars. That is my creator.

If anyone has the science channel tune in now. It's running the series "The Atom". It's an episode talking about the illusion of reality.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
-Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. -Bill Hicks
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

Kmarion wrote:

Higher power.. maybe. All the gods organized religion has put forth.. not so much. We are born from stars. That is my creator.

If anyone has the science channel tune in now. It's running the series "The Atom". It's an episode talking about the illusion of reality.
I'm with Kmarion, the universe amazes me, we all came from the same cosmic furnace. In terms of the main religions Zen Budhism comes the closest to doing this concept justice.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

m3thod wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

m3thod wrote:

You're not consumed by hellfire....yet.  You're in 'stasis' until judenment day where you will be questioned about your life.  Essentially your good has to be greater than your bad and from there your route will be chosen.

You pray 5 times a day because it is commanded by god.  You dont ask for anything.
but ultimately hellfire is your punishment. Mankind has figured out better forms of punishment for pricks like these, that is seriously the best God can do? The evil mankind can do to each other should not be more than a match for the punishment for the evildoers.
m3thod
+2,197|6673|UK

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

but ultimately hellfire is your punishment. Mankind has figured out better forms of punishment for pricks like these, that is seriously the best God can do? The evil mankind can do to each other should not be more than a match for the punishment for the evildoers.
I think you're condemned to some nasty death and resurrected again continuously for a lifetime of pain.  Or that could be my mother telling me stories to get me to behave as a child.  Who knows.

I think its unfair to compare the punishment/torture methods available to humans to methods they we have no real knowledge of.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-07-31 18:26:59)

Turquoise
O Canada

m3thod wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

m3thod wrote:

I think you're condemned to some nasty death and resurrected again continuously for a lifetime of pain.  Or that could be my mother telling me stories to get me to behave as a child.  Who knows.

I think its unfair to compare the punishment/torture methods available to humans to methods they we have no real knowledge of.
The first part is key...  To me, religion always feels too much like Santa Claus for adults.  I've always gotten the impression it was invented solely with the purpose of controlling people.  Giving them false hope for a better afterlife is only the tip of the iceberg.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard