CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
Please elaborate on and provide arguments supporting your choice.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6638
I think I posted a similar thread like long time ago
IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California
The Internets!  Thanks Al!  We owe you one!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Engine
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6638
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6336|tropical regions of london
birth control
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85

God Save the Queen wrote:

birth control
animal intestines being used well before 20th century
God Save the Queen
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

birth control
let me be more specific.  the pill.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6638

blademaster wrote:

I was right here it is

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=100109
so if u want to combine it with mine or whatever do what u wish
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6535|Texas - Bigger than France
The thermos

It keep hot thing hot

It keep cold thing cold

How do it know?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina
I gonna have to say it's a tie between the internet and birth control.  2 totally different inventions but with equally great benefits.  Good calls, GS and IronChef.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

birth control
Beat me to it!
Flaming_Maniac

blademaster wrote:

blademaster wrote:

I was right here it is

yours was in EE, and is 3 months old

I would say the commercial application of plastics. They have completely revolutionized our manufacturing industry in a way not seen since the invention of interchangeable parts, and without them our day to day life would not be possible. I look around me right now and the majority is made up of some type of plastic, and it enables almost all other types of high technology we enjoy today.

Synthetic rubber a close second, for its roll in winning WWII, making a very useful natural substance so cheap and prolific, and its roll in birth control. Condoms are more important than the pill because of their cost and ease of use in poor and disease infested areas where they really need them

Two materials that have formed the basis of technological advancement in the past century. Without them, I don't think we would have many of the other inventions, like the microchip.
God Save the Queen
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

blademaster wrote:

blademaster wrote:

I was right here it is

I would say the commercial application of plastics. They have completely revolutionized our manufacturing industry in a way not seen since the invention of interchangeable parts, and without them our day to day life would not be possible. I look around me right now and the majority is made up of some type of plastic, and it enables almost all other types of high technology we enjoy today.

Synthetic rubber a close second, for its roll in winning WWII, making a very useful natural substance so cheap and prolific, and its roll in birth control. Condoms are more important than the pill because of their cost and ease of use in poor and disease infested areas where they really need them

Two materials that have formed the basis of technological advancement in the past century. Without them, I don't think we would have many of the other inventions, like the microchip.
couldnt have had any of that without the assembly line....and a labor force that could have sex without conception

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-07-31 15:24:33)

Mavik
+22|5769|Germany

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Beat me to it!
The latex condom - still waiting for the invention of the intelligent sentient lifeform though, the one to use them and shoot everybody in the head who preaches them as evil...
God Save the Queen
Banned
perpetual motion machine
Flaming_Maniac

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

blademaster wrote:

couldnt have had any of that without the assembly line....and a labor force that could have sex without conception
I can never understand how that is considered an invention. The assembly line is a physical way making something. It's like calling the first queue an invention.

We got through the industrial revolution without your newfangled birth control. All the little runts are useful grease monkeys.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

The production line.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6482|Gogledd Cymru

China, they make all kinds of neat shit.
sPiDeRz_1
+1|5742|New Zealand

M.O.A.B wrote:

Engine
I would have to ask what type of engine as a automotive engine we're invented in the 19th century. late 1800's

However, in 1862, the French engineer Alphonse Beau de Rochas invented the principle of the 4-step combustion engine. In this engine, a fuel-air mix is introduced in the engine and the explosion of this mixture pushes directly on the piston. There is no need for an intermediate step like boiling water. A few years later, in 1876, the German Nikolaus August Otto built the first engine based on Beau de Rochas' principle.
all good bro.

Um best invention of the 20'th century....
the NES home gaming system lol
Flaming_Maniac

Flecco wrote:

The production line.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I can never understand how that is considered an invention. The assembly line is a physical way making something. It's like calling the first queue an invention.
Smithereener
+138|6308|California
I remember seeing the response of "transistor" somewhere before. But yeah, the transistor probably made one of the most profound impacts on the 20th century.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

sPiDeRz_1 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Engine
I would have to ask what type of engine as a automotive engine we're invented in the 19th century. late 1800's

However, in 1862, the French engineer Alphonse Beau de Rochas invented the principle of the 4-step combustion engine. In this engine, a fuel-air mix is introduced in the engine and the explosion of this mixture pushes directly on the piston. There is no need for an intermediate step like boiling water. A few years later, in 1876, the German Nikolaus August Otto built the first engine based on Beau de Rochas' principle.
all good bro.

Um best invention of the 20'th century....
the NES home gaming system lol
I'll put jet
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5747

IRONCHEF wrote:

The Internets!  Thanks Al!  We owe you one!
No.

Thank Tim Berners-Lee

kthx
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
gravity.

although the saftey pin came out top the last time i saw this done.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard