Smithereener
+138|6308|California
I think an earthquake just hit right now. It wasn't that big, but scared the hell out of me. Started to shake for a few seconds, but wasn't strong enough to displace any objects in my house.

Actually it's still shaking, but the tremors are really weak. Fuuuuck, anyone else in CA feel it?

Here we go. Apparently a 5.8 5.4.

Last edited by Smithereener (2008-07-29 12:59:36)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6479|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Yeah it was one up in Chino Hills-Diamond Bar area. I felt it down here in San Clemente. It shook the whole apartment building.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6118|So Cal
Yeah i just felt it as well. Santa Fe Springs, Ca. 11:45 Am. It was pretty long and smooth actually.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Smithereener
+138|6308|California
I think this was the first one I haven't slept through. I remember hearing something like a crack, then the house started to shake a bit.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6118|So Cal
I was at work in the office when it happened. I remembered that I got a little upset because I was thinking it was some big ass heavy Semi or tractor passing by the street. lol I guess not.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5747
It was a full body massage tbh.

Pretty much I just laid on the ground.

Earthquake did the rest.

It was good.

Too bad it was short.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Chino Hills

VicktorVauhn
+319|6384|Southern California
I am right next to Chino Hills.... was enough to toss a couple bottles off my dresser.

There was also a 3.2 aftershock.
I was just getting in the shower, and the first bit of it was a huge jolt, then it started shaking.... I was like "fuck, natural disaster and I am naked..."
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

VicktorVauhn wrote:

I am right next to Chino Hills.... was enough to toss a couple bottles off my dresser.

I was just getting in the shower, and the first bit of it was a huge jolt, then it started shaking.... I was like "fuck, natural disaster and I am naked..."
Talk about being caught with your pants down
VicktorVauhn
+319|6384|Southern California

M.O.A.B wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Talk about being caught with your pants down
I quit the shower and got dressed till I am sure I won't have to escape In my full glory...
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

https://gattacainc.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/thespunkercomgreengiant.jpg
tbh.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5990
Just read about it in the news. Must suck but I heard there were no casualties yet?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum

Nordemus wrote:

Just read about it in the news. Must suck but I heard there were no casualties yet?
it wasn't enough to move objects, so i doubt there will be any.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Smithereener
+138|6308|California

FatherTed wrote:

Nordemus wrote:

To be fair, I'm about 15-20 miles away from Chino Hills. My mum's office apparently had a lot of folders and stuff fall out of the shelves.

But, I'd think there are very few, if any casulaties - took place when most people would've been awake and alert, and it wasn't that big. Oh yeah, and like Ken said, epicenter wasn't in a very populated place.

Last edited by Smithereener (2008-07-29 12:50:26)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

FatherTed wrote:

Really?  Maybe not in Ireland, but the potted plant that fell off my desk is surely a sign that it indeed was.  Luckily the area of the epicenter is sparsely populated so hopefully no one did get hurt?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6821|Grapevine, TX
Los Angeles Epicenter map Glad to see nothing catastrophic. GG San Andares fault
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6563|USA
i'm in the sole area of california that feels nothing from natural disasters, unless LA's air pollution counts as one.

my sister is down in LA on weekends though and goes to school there so looks like she got lucky.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6335|tropical regions of london
I didnt even know there was an earthquake till I was told 15 minutes later.  I was driving.
aimless
+166|6117|Texas
My buddy in vent was talking about it right after it happened.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6501|Los Angeles, California
I was in class when it happened... I was like... wtf? Oh, earthquake.

I seriously have the slowest reaction times ever.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6323|teh alien spaceshit
I was in a class when that happened.
At first, I thought the kid behind me was shaking my desk, and then I realized that there were some rolls and waves, then I realized... earthquake....
Damn, I have slow reaction.
Jrdeacs
+22|5891
MSNBC wrote:
updated 4:48 p.m. ET July 29, 2008
LOS ANGELES - A strong earthquake shook Southern California on Tuesday, causing buildings to sway and triggering some precautionary evacuations. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The jolt was felt from Los Angeles to San Diego, and slightly in Las Vegas.

The 11:42 a.m. quake initially was estimated at 5.8 but was revised downward to magnitude-5.4, said seismologist Kate Hutton of the U.S. Geological Survey office in Pasadena. She told NBC affiliate KNBC of Los Angeles that the agency’s computers recorded 27 aftershocks by 12:40 p.m. Hutton said the strongest aftershock was magnitude-3.6.

Last edited by Jrdeacs (2008-07-29 15:10:55)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

God Save the Queen wrote:

I didnt even know there was an earthquake till I was told 15 minutes later.  I was driving.
ya, I called my sis (once the cell phone service came back up) and she said she did not even feel it.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
pics or i'll forever think she's just lowing in drag.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

m3thod wrote:

pics or i'll forever think she's just lowing in drag.
she is undercover fbi, pics...lol.  ya sure.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard