eEyOrE
LINKS 2 3 4
+14|5988|Berlin, Germany
so, i was wondering how many days you guys get off from work a year?

im a trainee and get full 30 days off a year. in germany thats the maxium one can get, and its pretty sweet. so, how about you guys? also, please state what your job is and if the amount of days off is alot compared to other people u know working in your country!

oh, and university, gtfo with your 5 months off summer vacation
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
6 weeks.

5 weeks + you can buy a week.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6641|Washington DC

I don't get vacations ... self-employed = work 53 weeks a year.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6438|Chicago, IL
0, but i can request 2 weeks off unpaid
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon

OrangeHound wrote:

I don't get vacations ... self-employed = work 53 weeks a year.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6727|Salt Lake City

I get 3 weeks (15 days) right at the start, but I'm do to pick up another week next April.
eEyOrE
LINKS 2 3 4
+14|5988|Berlin, Germany

S.Lythberg wrote:

what kind of job do u have?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6438|Chicago, IL

eEyOrE wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

what kind of job do u have?
Retail slave
eEyOrE
LINKS 2 3 4
+14|5988|Berlin, Germany
wow, thats pretty hars man, no vacation by default...shit, sry bro
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

4 * How ever many days a week I work.

This year, 16.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6438|Chicago, IL

eEyOrE wrote:

wow, thats pretty hars man, no vacation by default...shit, sry bro
This isn't Europe pal, we're used to it
Axatar
+29|6453|France
3 months.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6348|CA, USA
3 weeks paid vacation.  4 weeks paid vacation for 10 years of service or more.  we also get a paid 2 month off sabattical every 7 years.  yes, you can arrange to take sabattical and 4 weeks vacation at same time resulting in 3 months off.  nice!  but...can i take advantage of this vacation?  that's the question.  answer = no.
Ghandi767
+17|6614|Hanging in the Balance
My life is a vacation
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

Five weeks. Starting next years I'll get six weeks.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6348|CA, USA
is it pretty common for european workers to get more time off?  how many hours a week do you folks work?  how does this affect your productivity in terms of what can actually get done with so much more vacation time?
Mavik
+22|5768|Germany

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

is it pretty common for european workers to get more time off?  how many hours a week do you folks work?  how does this affect your productivity in terms of what can actually get done with so much more vacation time?
Our rate of unemployment seems to suggest enough...

I work 40h a week, free sats and suns, think 24 days vacation - not sure because on some days the company is closed which is subtracted from our vacation days (24. Dez, 1. Jan, Rosenmontag)
IRONCHEF
+385|6482|Northern California
Wow, i just figured out that i have 30 days paid vacation, 7 days of "sick/personal/emergency," and the normal holidays..like 8-10 of them!  But this is not normal for Americans.  I am aware that Europeans have lots of time off, way more than Americans.  It's said that the quality of life of Europeans is greater and their stress less because of this.  Man!  What I'd give for just a siesta during the work day! lol
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Still at school, no paid vacation, since my job IS my vacation
13rin
+977|6471
Annual: 124
Sick:    260.75
Comp: 3.5

388.25 hours or about 48.5 work days or about 2.5 months.  I had more but had to burn a month due to a back injury.  It caps out at 500 or 1000 hours.  Whatever isn't burned at retirement time gets cashed out.  Some collect retirement, wait 30 day and come back on private contract.  Double Dipping.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-07-29 11:34:35)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6724|St. Andrews / Oslo

How can the government decide that 30 days is max vacation?

That's pretty lame....
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
JahManRed
wank
+646|6619|IRELAND

I have my own business. So basically, none.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6348|CA, USA

Mavik wrote:

I work 40h a week, free sats and suns, think 24 days vacation - not sure because on some days the company is closed which is subtracted from our vacation days (24. Dez, 1. Jan, Rosenmontag)
last year i was at 70-80 hour weeks for the entire year.  this year it's just 50-60 so far.  expect that to rachet up to 80 again come december.  why?  not enough people to do the work.  however, i actually like the work so it's fun for me.  if i wasn't working, i'd be bored out of my mind.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

I dunno really, I dont take that much vacation.
Mavik
+22|5768|Germany

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

Mavik wrote:

last year i was at 70-80 hour weeks for the entire year.  this year it's just 50-60 so far.  expect that to rachet up to 80 again come december.  why?  not enough people to do the work.  however, i actually like the work so it's fun for me.  if i wasn't working, i'd be bored out of my mind.
You might have let slip what your job is...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard