usmarine2
Banned
+233|5791|Dublin, Ohio
ok cam.

stupid opinion tbh.

Last edited by usmarine2 (2008-07-26 07:51:28)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

usmarine2 wrote:

ok cam.

stupid opinion tbh.
Elaborate?
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5791|Dublin, Ohio
stocks are rising, the bankers who decided to get rich quick are being weeded out, oil is dropping, and we will be out of iraq hopefully soon.  as for the allies, you have no idea what happens behind closed doors, nor do i.  so dont make it sound like you know everything.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

usmarine2 wrote:

stocks are rising, the bankers who decided to get rich quick are being weeded out, oil is dropping, and we will be out of iraq hopefully soon.  as for the allies, you have no idea what happens behind closed doors, nor do i.  so dont make it sound like you know everything.
I speak of general sentiment on the ground across the world, you know, the guys who elect world leaders? The guys who elected Romano Prodi who dragged the Italians out of Iraq, the guys who elected Zapatero who dragged the Spanish out of Iraq. World leaders of 'ally' countries denouncing and calling for the closure of Gitmo? Massive protests in Prague against the missile shield, where over 65% object to the plans. The Indian government almost collapsing because of differences of opinion over a nuclear deal with the US. You don't need to look behind any door to see what's going on there. American tourists faking it as Canadians to avoid harassment? The US is at its lowest ebb in history in terms of how people in the outside world view them.

Oil won't be dropping for long. It will certainly remain at a vastly higher level than it was originally at. The US is heading into what many economists are predicting to be not just a recession but a depression. Are you blind to what's going on? Wakey, wakey, rise and shine:

https://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/fds/hi/business/market_data/stockmarket/2/img/2+bbc-big_thick-line+twelve_month.png

https://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/fds/hi/business/market_data/stockmarket/12122/img/12122+bbc-big_thick-line+twelve_month.png

Also - if McCain has anything to do with it you very definitely will not be 'out of iraq...soon'.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5791|Dublin, Ohio
neat pictures.

whatever cam, you make it sound all doom and gloom yet my life and the people I know have not had their lives affected that much anyway.  We just live our lives as we always have.  our sky is not falling no matter what your data says.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
are you sure mr i recently lost my job?

And i'm not sure atg would agree with your sentiments either.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5791|Dublin, Ohio

m3thod wrote:

airline people always lose their jobs.  aint nothing new.

and ATG bought motorbikes and other toys, while I took that money and invested it.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

usmarine2 wrote:

neat pictures.

whatever cam, you make it sound all doom and gloom yet my life and the people I know have not had their lives affected that much anyway.  We just live our lives as we always have.  our sky is not falling no matter what your data says.
Lucky you. The unemployment rate in your country has risen by almost 1% in just the past year.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5791|Dublin, Ohio

CameronPoe wrote:

Lucky you. The unemployment rate in your country has risen by almost 1% in just the past year.
yes because they count all the mexicans standing around home depot looking for work, which skews the numbers a bit me thinks.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK

usmarine2 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

and ATG bought motorbikes and other toys, while I took that money and invested it.
Surley is airline business isnt that volatile.  You've lost 2 jobs in how many years now?  I notice netjets is still operational, or is that because the owner knows his shit....

I can't comment on ATG's purchasing behaviour.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5791|Dublin, Ohio

m3thod wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Surley is airline business isnt that volatile.  You've lost 2 jobs in how many years now?  I notice netjets is still operational, or is that because the owner knows his shit....

I can't comment on ATG's purchasing behaviour.
netjets is not an airline.

and both those airlines were mis-managed terribly.  Southwest reported a rise in Q2 this year.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

neat pictures.

You forget the sub-prime mortgage stuff.....

Then you've got to consider the rising level of national debt in all quarters, negative real interest rates, poor stock index performances and fairly high rates of inflation.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

usmarine2 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

yes because they count all the mexicans standing around home depot looking for work, which skews the numbers a bit me thinks.
No they don't usmarine. It only counts those eligible to work.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5791|Dublin, Ohio
yawn.  im done.

the sky is falling.  I am going to go hang myself cause the euros say were are done

Last edited by usmarine2 (2008-07-26 08:17:03)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

usmarine2 wrote:

yawn.  im done.

the sky is falling.  I am going to go hang myself cause the euros say were are done
Who said that?

There's a big difference between saying the US has become a lot weaker over the past 8 years and saying that the US is done - the main difference being that one is true and the other is not.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6199

usmarine2 wrote:

the bankers who decided to get rich quick are being weeded out.
I have news for you.. your congress just passed a bill...

from Phrozenbot's post:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p2213275

-- The two troubled federal mortgage agencies, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, will be given unlimited access to the U.S. Treasury without requiring any further approval from Congress.

-- The U.S. national debt ceiling will be raised by $800 billion, which suggests that the bailout is expected to cost a lot more than the country is being told.

Here's our good old and honest friend Ron Paul explaining what happened behind closed door... not many media covering about these two points.. that explain why usmarine think that the bankers are being weeded out.

Yes wall street is doing good.. but not all people are stock holders.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

usmarine2 wrote:

yawn.  im done.

Wow exaggeration.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

Kmarion wrote:

Europe has Obamamania?
http://i38.tinypic.com/ev5cvq.jpg
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., waves as he
arrives at the Victory Column in Berlin, Thursday, July 24, 2008.

Could someone point the Senator in the direction of the actual people who will be voting in November. .. Man Europe is gonna hate us even more when McCain gets elected.

(Still an amazing speech)
I think there can be a lot said for improving our image around the world, perhaps not in financial/domestic terms but in that oo so cliched phrase:

Hearts and minds
Am still not sure why these two got the nominations (probably because I missed it while moving back out here in january).  They talk about Obama's lack of experience, but am more concerned about grandpa McCain, and if he will even make the fucking mid terms.  If McCain get's it I would keep a close eye on who ever is his vice president.  Fairly likely he will have plenty to do :\.

Martyn
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Someone compared his "Our time" speech to this:

I thought it was pretty damn funny tbh.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
liquix
+51|6454|Peoples Republic of Portland
Being critical of American policy should be high up on the list for a candidate.

lots of the forum members complain about the so-called "pussification" of America, yet I see several of these people bitching about anybody criticizing our homeland. Life is critical, so thicken up that skin and deal with it.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6336|Oregon
Obama is a bullshitter, like them all. I prefer him, but it's really hard to be excited about any politician. They've been crying wolf for the last 200+ years, and now all I hope for is someone who is at least a good guy.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6344|tropical regions of london
he could shoot hoops
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Obama does seem thin on substance
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
eh, he's a globalist puppet... global citizen blah blah.... say goodbye to our sovereignty, his CFR wife'll see to that.
13rin
+977|6480

usmarine2 wrote:

neat pictures.

Here here!  My quality of life hasn't  suffered.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard