Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6760|London

If a key has been used can it still be given to someone else?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486

Dauntless wrote:

If a key has been used can it still be given to someone else?
The Key is registered to your EA account. So in order to give someone the key you gotta give them the Password to the EA account it was registered on, and play on that account.

And giving someone your EA account isn't a very good idea.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Spark wrote:

If someone can find a good counter for rocket angel spam, I'll be very, very, very happy.
Flak Troopers are by far the best counter (as they do much splash damage and you can spam enough of the out that the RA can't lock them down without getting killed). Javelin Troopers work good to, also Apollos if your opponent isn't using the Lock-down beam. In an Imperial mirror, I really don't know what is effective, probably use your pwn Rocket Angels against his.

The Rocket Angel's lock-down beam is getting nerfed in the next patch (shorter range, doesn't instantly disable enemies) so you won't have to worry about it for long.
Well that's the thing, I play empire as well, and the only good counter for rocket angel spam is more rocket angels, which is very un-Red Alert. If it's getting nerfed, though, all for the better.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

So far lots of discussion about how to counter act this and that... but what is the overall thought on the game?

Is it good? Is it amazing? Is it worth a ten? I would like to know because I can get a beta key, but I don't want to waste money.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6756|Toronto | Canada

Are there any people out there with a spare key?  Or subscribers that would give me a key?  I'd be forever indebted to you if you gave me one!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

No more comments on this game? It must be pretty shit.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287

Zimmer wrote:

No more comments on this game? It must be pretty shit.
I love it .

Far better than any other recent CnC game.

What I love doing is playing as the Soviets, sending in a few bears+engys at the start to get oil refineries, then send a few terror drones to mess with their harvesters. Then I get an APC and 5 Tesla Troopers and then fire them right into the heart of the enemy's base and cause as much havoc as I can before they're killed .

Then it's a case of either building Kirovs, Apoc tanks or just more inf and finish the guy off .

Seriously it's a great game .

The only down part IMO is that Japan are far far too powerful in the medium-late game. As has been said above once someone gets more than 10 rocket angels you're done for.  Plus they can build anywhere on the map whenever they like. The only way to beat Japan is to attack early and attack often, because they build the slowest.

Plus, if you get terror drones into a Japanese base quickly enough, you can park them in front of the construction yard and barracks and its literally game over.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-08-16 06:47:17)

Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6760|London

Pretty much what yoda said, it will definitely be a fun game when released, Japan is overpowered right now but there's no way they will stay like that for long.

Apart from the bugs, and balance issues (that you would expect from a beta), I can't think of anything I don't like about the game.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
Best. Changelog. Ever.

RA3 1.03 changelog wrote:

• Magnetic Satellite now has a 2 second pre- attack delay, giving
you time to GTFO of the way
. Beam duration increased by 3 seconds
per level. Beam Speed increased to 50 from 30. Doubled effective
radius.

RA3 1.03 changelog wrote:

• Balloon Bombs are immune to Magnetic Satellite. Apparently
they’re made out of ceramics or wood or something.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-08-17 05:53:26)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486
Holy shit this patch is epic, 850 MB, the installer was only 750 MB. They must have added 10 new maps, a single player AI, a campaign mission and Yuri and Nod as new factions!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
2 new maps.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

2 new maps.
SP campaign?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
No they're both online.

There's now two 2 player maps and two 4 player maps.

A lot more new voice overs have been added as well. Possibly all of them, i've only played as Soviets since the update. Now the engineers, Sputniks, Migs, UI voice over etc etc all have new voices instead of RA2 ones.

So have some new effects.

They've also revamped the menus slightly.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-08-17 09:40:11)

Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6760|London

I wish they added a 6 and/or 8 player map...
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6756|Toronto | Canada

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Are there any people out there with a spare key?  Or subscribers that would give me a key?  I'd be forever indebted to you if you gave me one!
Anyone?  Pleeeeeeeease
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6623|Greenwood, IN
Still no key i'm wondering now if my e-mail blocked it.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
I only got the 1 key so no spare sorry.

Naturn wrote:

Still no key i'm wondering now if my e-mail blocked it.
They said they've done all the KW keys now.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6623|Greenwood, IN
Well I guess i'm not participating in the beta. damn...
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
Couldnt you see if there's an email somewhere with your name on it?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6623|Greenwood, IN
Nope it was to my comcast account.  I'm not using it anymore because this is not the first time it has happened.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
Oh wait!

My bad. When did you register it? I just remembered the 2nd half of the sentence saying they'd done all the KW ones. They've done all the KW ones that were registered before some time in June. Or is it July.

Really sorry about that. I only remembered half of it until right now.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6623|Greenwood, IN
I did it at the very end of July.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
Oh you should be ok then.

I cant remember the exact date though.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6623|Greenwood, IN
I got it today.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York
Apparentely JK Simmons (J Jonah Jameson from Spiderman) is going to be the US President (Ackerman?)

Just that inspires me to buy it although I've never played any of the C&C series before.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard