sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina
After reading a lot of posts full of prejudice, racism and generalizations, I think that not only ignorance drives people to make comments like "Nuke all Muslims" or "Islam is a disease", or "all black people are lazy", or "all Dems are commies", and other Bs.  While ignorance is a main reason for someone to say things like those, there's probably some kind of inferiority complex.  These people arguing these BS all the time, maybe feel they are inferior to others in some way, so they need to show other people how these groups (Muslims, black people or liberals, depending on their prejudice) are inferior or worse than themselves.  They need to point out the failures of other groups to feel they are better in some way, coz of their very own failures, frustrations and miseries.  Because, they can't really think all that, unless they are really ignorant.  So, what is it, ignorance, inferiority complex or both?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6527|Long Island, New York
A mix of both, but not always one or the other. I don't really think that people here who hate Islam are really going through an inferiority complex, though...I think it's just ignorance.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544
1. Upbringing
2. Cold War Nostalgia
3. Genetic makeup whereby only binary thought processes are permitted
4. Elevated susceptibility to propaganda
5. Excessive pride/nationalistic fervour (the refuge of the moron)
6. In some cases, lack of a decent education
7. Insularity/lack of first hand exposure to 'the outside world' or other cultures

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-07-20 05:32:31)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6095|eXtreme to the maX
Ignorance
Brain laziness
Desire to keep ones own comfortable situation at the expense of someone else.
Basic nastiness
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6187
Generalizations is ignorance.

I was guilty of that in the past.

I learned how to make the difference between good people and a$$holes regardless of race/religion or citizenship.

On the other hand, some people will never learn..

Because they are ignorant.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6095|eXtreme to the maX
Some people seem to choose to remain ignorant, despite the information in front of them.
They're the ones who bother me.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5780|Dublin, Ohio
do you have to make one of these every couple weeks or so?  why not just revive.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina

usmarine2 wrote:

do you have to make one of these every couple weeks or so?  why not just revive.
I have a terrible memory, why don't you post a link to one of those in the last couple of weeks?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina
Where's GS posting "Wow, not a poll"?
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5780|Dublin, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

I have a terrible memory, why don't you post a link to one of those in the last couple of weeks?
they are all about the same really.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=103582
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=103734
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=103387
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.
I don't think people feel inferior, I'm gonna assume you put that in there as a dig to the ignorant ones amongst us. It's to do with how they grew up and the people around them are, what they see/read in the news and just general hate.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5816
3 > a couple, try again.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina

usmarine2 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

they are all about the same really.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=103582
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=103734
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=103387
The first one is a month old and is about people blaming Religions for wars and violence, not the same, not even close.
The second one is almost a month old and is about people with double standards, again not the same.
The third one is a month old and is about people misundertanding the message of Religion, not close again.

Next.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5780|Dublin, Ohio
ya you could have just posted this in one of those tbh.

and serge, you do these in response to lowing or spittle.  we all know it, you are not exactly cunning about it.  that is my point really.

Last edited by usmarine2 (2008-07-20 06:11:53)

ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5816
But you said he posted every couple of weeks.  Prove it or admit you're wrong.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina

usmarine2 wrote:

Oh, I apologize for stealing your space.  There's room for one of your threads, don't be jealous.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina

usmarine2 wrote:

and serge, you do these in response to lowing or spittle.  we all know it, you are not exactly cunning about it.  that is my point really.
Not just them, don't feel excluded.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5780|Dublin, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

well then you are going to have to show me where I say all muslims and such.

btw, islam is a disease, its a religion aint it?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina

usmarine2 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

well then you are going to have to show me where I say all muslims and such.

btw, islam is a disease, its a religion aint it?
Then, why don't you put that in your sig, I mean Religions are a disease, not just Islam?  Btw, I can't quote all the posts where you generalized about Islam.  I must admit you don't have anything against black people though.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5780|Dublin, Ohio
I call them darkies.

well its simple really, it seems you can criticise any religion but if it is islam, then some of you spaz out about generalising and such.  If I have a problem with one religion more than another at a given point, then I will make it known.  Like I said, when southern baptists start taking hostages and cutting off heads, then I will put that in my sig k?
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5816
Have you ever thought maybe that's because noone ever starts a thread declaring Christianity to be evil?

In fact the closest to that, a thread declaring religion the root of all evil, had many people argue against it.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina

usmarine2 wrote:

I call them darkies.

well its simple really, it seems you can criticise any religion but if it is islam, then some of you spaz out about generalising and such.  If I have a problem with one religion more than another at a given point, then I will make it known.  Like I said, when southern baptists start taking hostages and cutting off heads, then I will put that in my sig k?
Ok, then you can put the Pope apologizing for priests abusing children.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5780|Dublin, Ohio
yes sir
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Poseidon wrote:

A mix of both, but not always one or the other. I don't really think that people here who hate Islam are really going through an inferiority complex, though...I think it's just ignorance.
Yeah that is it, I am just too stupid to love a hypocritial, intolerant, merciless religion
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA
you guys list all reasons as to why people MUST feel differently from yourselves, and OBVIOUSLY, those that feel differently are ignorant, racist, generalizing, nasty, brain lazy, or assholes......Do you really not see the hypocrisy in your conclusions? You say we are closed minded and shit, yet instead of listening to what is posted or the reasons behind them, and RESPOND to that, you dismiss them as any one of the reasons previously mentioned.

No way, no how, can you respond to a post based on what it SAYS, instead, you need to interpret it differently in order to form something that resembles an argument.

I give you any one of my posts in the black social issues threads, instead of addressing what is actually said you dismiss me by calling me a racist, and INSIST that what I am actually saying is I hate all black people. Same goes for the Islamic threads.

You would do better to stop throwing rocks in your own glass houses.

I have no inferiority complex or a superiority complex, I merely have opnions.

By the way, isn't saying EVERYONE that has a different opinion than you on social issues must be ignorant, a generalization?.............just checking

Last edited by lowing (2008-07-20 07:25:32)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard