sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
I'm not a religious guy and very often I generalize about Religion.  Sometimes I offend religious people.  And many times I blamed Religions for violence and war.  But let's face it, Religions are just an excuse people with power (Religious leaders, presidents, etc) use to start wars.  They convince the mob to go to war using Religion.  Wars are fought for resources and land.  Not to make God happier.  Now it's oil, tomorrow will be water.  It doesn't matter, Humans will always fight for resources and that can't be changed.  What should change is this argument blaming Religion for violence and war around the World. 

The Crusades were fought in the name of Christianity, but the real motivation was the conquest of the same land today we call the Middle East and to stop the invasion of Europe by non-Christian people.  But it wasn't coz of Christians or Muslims, it was for land.  Palestinians fighting against Israel today.  Again, for land.  One side happens to be Jewish and the second happens to be Muslim, but it is for land.

The Genocides taking place in Africa have a religious and ethnic background but it's all for land.  Land and resources.  You cleanse the other group you take the whole land.  As simple as that.  The scarcity of resources is the main motivation for fighting wars.  It always was and it always will be.  That's Human nature.  And blaming Religion is wrong.  Atheists and non Religious leaders have probably killed more people during the last century than the Religious ones, and they are a minority.  So, I think it's time to stop blaming Religion and to accept what we are, a warring species.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5793|Dublin, Ohio
There is no god anyway, so meh.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine2 wrote:

Well, that can be obvious for you and me, but most people believe there is.
Roc18
`
+655|5793|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
dont forget cults too, look at this thread http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=103567 . A man named "The Doctor" was behind all of it, it just shows me that if you got alot of people willing to do what you say it gives you alot of leverage to do whatever you want to people.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5793|Dublin, Ohio
So they say "all praise allah" or whatever before they blow themselves up in a coffee shop and it is not about religion?  Now if they said "all praise that 50 acres of land" then your theory may be correct.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6687|United States of America

usmarine2 wrote:

So they say "all praise allah" or whatever before they blow themselves up in a coffee shop and it is not about religion?  Now if they said "all praise that 50 acres of land" then your theory may be correct.
What do they hope to achieve by doing so? Is it truly out of goodwill to everyone in order to make sure everyone is a good Muslim and in the favor of Allah? No, but perhaps moreso about the power gained by having a world of Muslims. Interpret that [the saying] mother!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine2 wrote:

Did you read what I said.  The mob may think it's all about Religion, but the leaders know it's all about land.  Give the populace some extra motivation, and they will do whatever you want.  For example tell them they will get 72 virgins and they'll blow themselves up.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland
Islam isn't a real religion, it is a mental disorder that causes people to explode.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

Did you read what I said.  The mob may think it's all about Religion, but the leaders know it's all about land.  Give the populace some extra motivation, and they will do whatever you want.  For example tell them they will get 72 virgins and they'll blow themselves up.
But they are blowing themselves up because of religion, even if the leaders know it isn't true. If it wasn't for the religion they wouldn't blow themselves up.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Dauntless wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

But they are blowing themselves up because of religion, even if the leaders know it isn't true. If it wasn't for the religion they wouldn't blow themselves up.
What are the real motivations?  Religion or resources and land?
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5793|Dublin, Ohio
The US may do it for resources, and that is what you have to do to survive, but I do not think Al-Q is doing it for land.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine2 wrote:

The US may do it for resources, and that is what you have to do to survive, but I do not think Al-Q is doing it for land.
Dude, at this point I really don't know what al-Qaeda is pursuing.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK

usmarine2 wrote:

Same as the US.

£ and power.

Nothing else motivates war and bloodshed.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6687|United States of America

Dauntless wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

IMHO that is the byproduct of the "I was raised to follow everything I was taught" attitude. I chose to keep my faith, as many teens go through a period of religious questioning (oftentimes where many of you realized you didn't buy the whole shabang). I am vehement defender of religion so long as one goes thinks about it. I've probably done more introspection on this issue than the average person to develop my religious beliefs about life and others. It's important to find out for yourself what you truly believe as opposed to what you have been told, as you can't accept everything at face value. The widespread devotion is the result of their upbringing, though. You're pretty much fucked if you're not a Muslim in one of those sorts of countries, so you realistically aren't able to go through this period of questioning.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

m3thod wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

Same as the US.

£ and power.

Women?
m3thod
+2,197|6673|UK

sergeriver wrote:

m3thod wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

Same as the US.

£ and power.

Women?
You can buy them with £
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

m3thod wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Same as the US.

£ and power.

Women?
You can buy them with £
Can I use dollars?
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5793|Dublin, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

Can I use dollars?
you can use those on all the shemales in argentina.
m3thod
+2,197|6673|UK

sergeriver wrote:

m3thod wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Women?
You can buy them with £
Can I use dollars?
£ > $
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine2 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Can I use dollars?
you can use those on all the shemales in argentina.
I pass.  I prefer women.
paul386
+22|6247
Religion has always be a superstition to explain the unknown, control people, and become rich.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6141|New Jersey

paul386 wrote:

Religion has always be a superstition to explain the unknown, control people, and become rich.
100% true.  However, religion can also instill values and moral standards in society.  Remember that the United States was founded by highly religious men and in the name of "God".  It's one of those "Does it do more harm than good?" kind of things.  I will never follow a religion, but I'm still glad that some people do.  I think the world is overall a better place because of it.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6345|tropical regions of london
none of the above
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida

God Save the Queen wrote:

none of the above
I like cheese
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647

usmarine2 wrote:

how u know? lolz thats not true there is God all the greatest scientific minds agreed there is God! woot for God

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard