Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Possibly the best thing I have made of Photoshop. I used a tutorial, and it took me a few hours, but I'm happy with the result. I'll definitely be making more of these.

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/derish14/planets-1.png

If you want the full image, just let me know.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-07-15 16:08:15)

cablecopulate
+449|6708|Massachusetts.
Came out very nice, but the rings don't look right and it would look 1231238923123222223232239283% better without any text. I used to make stuff like that years ago. Had a few that came out pretty dope but I think they are lost to time now.
Ryan

cablecopulate wrote:

Came out very nice, but the rings don't look right and it would look 1231238923123222223232239283% better without any text. I used to make stuff like that years ago. Had a few that came out pretty dope but I think they are lost to time now.
Yea, I'll remove the text, and I'll try and fix the wings. Overall, it's pretty good, except for a few minor repairs
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

Nice job.  The only thing I noticed that was distracting was what appears to be smoke coming off the planet at about 1 o'clock.
Ryan

OrangeHound wrote:

Nice job.  The only thing I noticed that was distracting was what appears to be smoke coming off the planet at about 1 o'clock.
I was trying to make like some sort of dust or something, I'll try and figure that out.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6602

Nice, very nice.
Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

Gooners wrote:

Nice, very nice.
Ryan, do you have a high res of this? I'd like to see the full version TBH.

Last edited by Volatile (2008-07-15 15:55:12)

Ryan

Volatile wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Nice, very nice.
Ryan, do you have a high res of this? I'd like to see the full version TBH.
Yea I got the full size. I'll PM it to you.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-07-15 16:04:47)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Nicely done! Maybe add a bit of texture to the planet surface (craters n' shit). The black circle looks too perfect.
Ryan

ebug9 wrote:

Nicely done! Maybe add a bit of texture to the planet surface (craters n' shit). The black circle looks too perfect.
Its in a dark shadow, so would you still be able to see the craters?

Last edited by Ryan (2008-07-15 16:35:54)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Ryan wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Its in a dark shadow, so would you still be able to see the craters?
I'm not sure what it is but maybe blur the border of the black circle (eclipse?). It just seems to stand out too much against the purple.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5804|Australia
very nice indeed. i really love planet pics, one question, why is the corona on the moon is a bit too prominent and needs to be spread out more, and the galaxy/nebula in the background looks like its taken in infra-red, ie, it looks kinda grainy.

other than that, its bloody terrific, you should make wallpapers.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

I bumped the graphics chat for a reason...
dtacs
+126|5804|Australia

OmniDeath wrote:

isn't that only for chat, not new stuff everybody made? then it just gets cluttered and becomes a massive hive like au chatter.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

Acreta wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

isn't that only for chat, not new stuff everybody made? then it just gets cluttered and becomes a massive hive like au chatter.
And what do you think graphics chat would be about? Maybe getting opinions on the things you make...?
Ryan

Thanks guys. I'll make another one tomorrow.
dtacs
+126|5804|Australia

OmniDeath wrote:

Acreta wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

And what do you think graphics chat would be about? Maybe getting opinions on the things you make...?
No, asking questions related to programs and general news about idk, new brushes, new photoshops, or whatever.

If he makes a thread it means he doesn't have to sort through a thread which has 5 topics at once.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

Acreta wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

Acreta wrote:

No, asking questions related to programs and general news about idk, new brushes, new photoshops, or whatever.

If he makes a thread it means he doesn't have to sort through a thread which has 5 topics at once.
I made the thread, I think I know what's it's for

Why do people always insist on arguing over pointless crap? Anyway, nice job Ryan, although it seems everyone and their cousin makes to "space" scenes now days...
Ryan

I just started space scenes. I'm not very good at anything else.
edit: I just tried making another one, but it never turns out nice like the first one. I hate that.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-07-16 07:58:06)

Ryan

After 2 hours of work, I came up with this

https://fc07.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/198/6/4/641f5137cbf56e2430586fcd6d106148.png

Last edited by Ryan (2008-07-17 09:24:42)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

You may not karma the same person in a 24 hour period.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

I like it a lot, but the lens flare seems too visible - maybe put it on half its opacity?
Overall good work

I know someone who's making a space game who might be able to use a couple of those, I'll give him your msn

-kon
Ryan

That would be sweet Kon
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

Ryan wrote:

http://s5.largeimagehost.com/displayima … skey=J7l16
Woah! Very nice!

Any chance you could make one exactly the same, only with Earth as the planet being hit?
Ryan

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

http://s5.largeimagehost.com/displayima … skey=J7l16
Woah! Very nice!

Any chance you could make one exactly the same, only with Earth as the planet being hit?
Im sure I could do that. If you want it as a wallpaper, just let me know the size.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard