Spidery_Yoda
+399|6329

NeXuS4909 wrote:

You can learn from things that are totally successful...  They could have learned what people enjoyed the most what they disliked and what kept people returning to the game. You can learn anything from anything.
True, true..

Usually when companies say they 'learned from something' it means their last product was a failure, but TF2 isn't a failure at all. Maybe it is just positive things from TF2 then.

Ah I see i've just watched it on gametrailers, and this is what it says:

Taking lessons learned from Team Fortress 2 about read hierarchy and providing useful and immediate information via character design.
So it was positive stuff

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-07-15 03:47:10)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6597|Long Island, New York
Okay, I'm officially MAJORLY pumped up for the new 360 interface and XBLA games. Look what they say on the Xbox.com page about the new 1 vs. 100 game:

From the makers of Deal or No Deal, Endemol, the world's largest independent production company, brings the popular television game show 1 vs. 100 to Xbox LIVE Primetime. The exclusive game pits one Xbox LIVE member against 100 others from around the world with a live host and great prizes. The goal of "the One" is to eliminate all opposition by correctly answering questions, hoping opponents will answer incorrectly and be eliminated from the game. And stay tuned for 1 vs. LIVE, where one lucky winner will have a chance to compete against the entire Xbox LIVE community.
All info on pretty much all the new games here:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/eve … mesall.htm

Everything else:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e32008/

I'm also totally getting a Netflix account.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6362|The | Netherlands

Ultrafunkula wrote:

I............. I think I came. Twice.

FALLOUT 3

I've never really played those games, but this sure looks nice!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6817|Argentina
I think many of you are underestimating Sony.

US:
Sony has reacted to NPD sales figures from May by chest thumping over better sales of the PS3 than the Xbox 360 and a higher GTA 4 attach rate.  The figures, according to SCEA president and CEO Jack Tretton, show 'consumers have chosen the PS3 as their home entertainment console of choice'.  According to NPD May sales data, the PS3 sold 208,709 hardware units, 22,106 more than the Xbox 360. Hardware growth was at an impressive 155% over the same period last year. PlayStation total hardware revenue was $133 million in May, 98% higher than Microsoft, and representing a year-over-year growth of over 20.4%.  And more than 32% of US PS3 owners have purchased a copy of GTA 4, what Sony calls a 6% higher attach rate than Xbox 360.  Sony also pointed out that the "PlayStation brand" had generated close to $2.27 billion in revenue in 2008 alone, 46% more than Microsoft.  Sony said 1.26 million PS3 games were sold in May, an increase of 234% year on year. The Japanese game company said this was primarily made up of "enthusiasm" for GTA 4, SingStar and Haze. It earned $331.6 million from "PlayStation brand" sales alone in May.

Europe:
Sony's PlayStation 3 games console has outsold Microsoft's Xbox 360 in Europe, according to figures released by Sony.  More than five million PS3s have been sold across the continent, Sony's David Reeves confirmed. Speaking at a European PlayStation event in London, he said: "The numbers are a testament to the strength of the PlayStation brand."  He said PlayStation 3 had been outselling the Xbox 360 since October last year.  "We have sold more PlayStation 3s throughout Europe than Xbox 360 even though they launched 16 months before us."

Japan:
Well, there's no need to post sales figures, they don't buy Xbox.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5894|Australia

sergeriver wrote:

Japan:
are they even sold in japan?
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6329
They sell a thousand or two each month. In a good month that is.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6508

Hopefully they show more awesome stuff about LBP, like having water and other liquids.

Also, Home release date should be announced.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6817|Argentina

Acreta wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Japan:
Yes, I think two guys bought them, they work at the US embassy.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6817|Argentina

r'Eeee wrote:

Hopefully they show more awesome stuff about LBP, like having water and other liquids.

GOW3 shhhhh...
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6508

sergeriver wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

GOW3 shhhhh...
YES!

Kratos in HD. WOT!!!!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6817|Argentina
Regarding the FF failure...

PS3 Exclusives being released:

Buzz! Quiz TV
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Monster Madness: Grave Danger
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
PixelJunk Eden
Resistance 2
SIREN: Blood Curse (Episode 1)
SOCOM: Confrontation

...and GOW3
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Buzz! Quiz TV
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
PixelJunk Eden
Resistance 2

...and GOW3
Out of all of those, Killzone 2, LBP, MotorStorm: PR, Resistance 2 and SOCOM: Confrontation are the only ones that appeal to me.

I made a list of games I want/plan to buy with expected prices/release dates -

Upcoming games:

Tom Clancy's HAWX (PC)- $50 - 9/23
Tom Clancy's EndWar (PC) - $50 - 10/15
Crysis: Warhead (PC) - $30
Rock Band 2 (360) – (Ion Rocker - $300) $150
Fallout 3 (360) - $60
Madden '09 Special Edition (360) - $90
NHL '09 (360) - $60
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360) - $60
Far Cry 2 (PC) - $50
LittleBigPlanet (PS3) - $60
SOCOM Confrontation w/ Headset (PS3) - $60
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (PS3) - $60 – 10/28
Gears of War 2 LE (360) - $70 – 11/3
Left 4 Dead (PC) – $50 - 11/4
Quantum of Solace (360) - $55 – 11/4
Resistance 2 (PS3) - $60 – 11/4
Call of Duty: World at War (PC) - $50 – 11/11
Need for Speed: Undercover (360) - $60 – 11/17
Halo Wars (360) - $60 – 2/2/09
Empire: Total War (PC) - $50 – 2/3/2009
Killzone 2 (PS3) - $60 - 2009

It's a work in progress. Still gotta add those dates so I know when to buy stuff.
dtacs
+126|5894|Australia
LOL quantum of solace game, yeah cause movie games are good and everything.

endwar will be very nice, i just want to see some gameplay vids.

EDIT: OP found one

Last edited by Acreta (2008-07-15 05:30:57)

https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Acreta wrote:

Shit. You're right. I forgot about the overwhelming success of that game on the N64...what was it called, Goldeneye?
dtacs
+126|5894|Australia

Poseidon wrote:

Acreta wrote:

Shit. You're right. I forgot about the overwhelming success of that game on the N64...what was it called, Goldeneye?
that game was good because there was no other games out there to put it to shame.

nighteye or whatever on ps2 was good, but most other movie games that have come out are shit.

look, if its good, ill buy you a beer.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK

Acreta wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Japan:
Yes, they sell about 10k a month wereas they sell 80-100k PS3s a month and 100k PSPs and about 30k PS2s.

Hence why Sony held exclusivity on FF13 in Japan, its largest RPG market. It does make sense for Sony to release exclusivity elsewhere, their sales for FF games elsewhere are lower than the cost of exclusivity in those markets.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK
btw is fallout 3 coming to PC, because I would definitely buy it on that for the modding community if it is. Think about how much Oblivion and Morrowind were modded, now apply to fallout 3 = omfgwtfbbq

Btw posideon, you should try the pixeljunk games, they are like £3 and they are actually very fun. Pixeljunk monsters is one of the best Towerdefence games I have ever played, especially because of the two player coop.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-07-15 05:58:58)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Acreta wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Acreta wrote:

that game was good because there was no other games out there to put it to shame.

nighteye or whatever on ps2 was good, but most other movie games that have come out are shit.

Have you even seen the videos for it? It looks Godly. Plus, it uses the CoD4 engine. And I'll hold you to that beer promise.

Vilham wrote:

btw is fallout 3 coming to PC, because I would definitely buy it on that for the modding community if it is. Think about how much Oblivion and Morrowind were modded, now apply to fallout 3 = omfgwtfbbq

Btw posideon, you should try the pixeljunk games, they are like £3 and they are actually very fun. Pixeljunk monsters is one of the best Towerdefence games I have ever played, especially because of the two player coop.
Yes, it's coming to PS3, 360 and PC. I'm still debating whether to get it on 360 or PS3.

I don't really know too much about the PixelJunk games, but I'll look into them. If they're as good as they say and they're cheap like that, maybe I'll just buy 'em on impulse.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK
Wat if its coming Pc you gotta get it on that, fuck consoles, modding games is where their life span increases exponentially.

yeah I inpulse bought pixeljunk monsters don't regret it at all, the best £3 I ever spent. Got hours and hours and hours of entertainment from it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

Wat if its coming Pc you gotta get it on that, fuck consoles, modding games is where their life span increases exponentially.

yeah I inpulse bought pixeljunk monsters don't regret it at all, the best £3 I ever spent. Got hours and hours and hours of entertainment from it.
B-b-b-but-achievements! lol, nah, while I do get all multi-console games on the 360 for achievements (what can I say, they add more replayability to the game), I was considering it since I have a friend who's getting it on 360 too...no idea if there's multiplayer or not.

I'll probably end up getting it on PC though.

And I'll probably try and buy one of those PixelJunk games next month as I'm going on vacation soon, but I'll probably do it.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6448|New York

Acreta wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Acreta wrote:

Bah, you can't seriously be knocking N64 Goldeneye. It doesn't need to be compared to anything, it was and still is one of the most fun FPS games I've ever played.

Last edited by heggs (2008-07-15 06:26:40)

Remember Me As A Time Of Day
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6817|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Buzz! Quiz TV
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
PixelJunk Eden
Resistance 2

...and GOW3
Out of all of those, Killzone 2, LBP, MotorStorm: PR, Resistance 2 and SOCOM: Confrontation are the only ones that appeal to me.

Upcoming games:

Fallout 3 (360) - $60
NHL '09 (360) - $60
Far Cry 2 (PC) - $50

It's a work in progress. Still gotta add those dates so I know when to buy stuff.
If I spent that money on games my wife would ask me the divorce. /makes list of games...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Buzz! Quiz TV
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
PixelJunk Eden
Resistance 2

...and GOW3

Upcoming games:

Fallout 3 (360) - $60
NHL '09 (360) - $60
Far Cry 2 (PC) - $50

If I spent that money on games my wife would ask me the divorce. /makes list of games...
Keep in mind, I doubt I'll be getting all of them (some I'm kinda skeptical about) and some I might rent. Plus, it's over a span of like...8 months.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK
you think his list is big?

I still need shit loads of games that I haven't even got yet. 3 years ago I would have just gone out and bought them, now days I limit myself.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK

Vilham wrote:

Acreta wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Japan:
Yes, they sell about 10k a month wereas they sell 80-100k PS3s a month and 100k PSPs and about 30k PS2s.

Hence why Sony held exclusivity on FF13 in Japan, its largest RPG market. It does make sense for Sony to release exclusivity elsewhere, their sales for FF games elsewhere are lower than the cost of exclusivity in those markets.
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i … tory=19419

PSP's officially bone consoles in the face.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard