Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282
Did nobody else find all the dialogue of Transformers absolutely infuriating? I wasn't facepalming because silly things were happening, I was facepalming because it kept doing these stupidly annoying things. Idiotic characters kept getting loads of screentime. People said things that were meant to be funny all the time even though they weren't funny in the slightest. And none of the action felt realistic at all. It was basically screaming 'this is all CG' all the way through the film.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6459|Boulder, CO

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Did nobody else find all the dialogue of Transformers absolutely infuriating? I wasn't facepalming because silly things were happening, I was facepalming because it kept doing these stupidly annoying things. Idiotic characters kept getting loads of screentime. People said things that were meant to be funny all the time even though they weren't funny in the slightest. And none of the action felt realistic at all. It was basically screaming 'this is all CG' all the way through the film.
You expected something other than all CGI with a film based on giant robots fighting each other?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282
Well of course I was expecting CGI, but none of it felt real at all. It felt like CGI. Other films have taken CGI and made scenes that feel incredibly real. This film was just.. CGI. I think it was the horrible sound effects that were one culprit. There was no weight behind any of the sounds. Just soft wooshes and weird alieny shooting sounds.

It made the whole thing seem incredibly fake. I honestly didn't enjoy any of the action scenes because of this. I'm not just saying all this to try and be different I honestly don't understand how anybody could have enjoyed that film in the slightest.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6665

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Well of course I was expecting CGI, but none of it felt real at all. It felt like CGI. Other films have taken CGI and made scenes that feel incredibly real. This film was just.. CGI. I think it was the horrible sound effects that were one culprit. There was no weight behind any of the sounds. Just soft wooshes and weird alieny shooting sounds.

It made the whole thing seem incredibly fake. I honestly didn't enjoy any of the action scenes because of this. I'm not just saying all this to try and be different I honestly don't understand how anybody could have enjoyed that film in the slightest.
BUT THE BIG ROBOTS ARE BIG
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6633|London, England

Lucien wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

BUT THE BIG ROBOTS ARE BIG
And shiny

I thought the sound effects were pretty good, nothing to write home about, but still not bad. For me, when it comes to sounds there has to be particular moments which stand out. Such as the Shootout in the Museum in that film "The International" or whenever in the Star Trek film the ship went into Warp Drive there was that deep thundering boom. But in Transformers 2 IMO it wasn't anything to particularly complain about, I mean it would probably have to be quite awful for me to notice that something is wrong

You have to watch certain films with the right mindset otherwise they will suck
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282
It really was awesome in Star Trek when all those ships went into warp wasn't it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6550|Long Island, New York
It's like going into A Clockwork Orange expecting explosions and fireworks.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6235|Escea

Just went to see Transformers, 10/10 tbh

All of the military stuff involved was really cool, particularly the real tank fire.

There were some corny lines, but that's part of the film. So I stand by, twas awsm.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6607|Toronto-Canada
I'm going to watch transformers 2 tomorrow though I watched it online i felt that i need to give it another shot in the theater, it didn't look too good for me, we'll see.
I watched The Proposal 8.5/10
Sandra Bullocks is
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6657
wow I loved the Hangover movie it was so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9.5/10 the ending was pure classic 10/10 hahahaha
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6667

@ S_Y: It really depends on where you see it. I saw it in a huge theater that was packed, and it had an absolutely amazing sound system. The sound effects had tons of weight to it without being overblown, and the visuals were awesome. And as for the comedic moments, there was stupid shit that was said many times, but people in the theater laughed, which caused more people to laugh since it was so ridiculous. And then people would cheer every time Optimus showed up.
hangover 9/10  i love the cast they picked out

just started Taken   oye it's so 'typical' so far...
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282

M.O.A.B wrote:

Just went to see Transformers, 10/10 tbh

All of the military stuff involved was really cool, particularly the real tank fire.

There were some corny lines, but that's part of the film. So I stand by, twas awsm.

mtb0minime wrote:

@ S_Y: It really depends on where you see it. I saw it in a huge theater that was packed, and it had an absolutely amazing sound system. The sound effects had tons of weight to it without being overblown, and the visuals were awesome. And as for the comedic moments, there was stupid shit that was said many times, but people in the theater laughed, which caused more people to laugh since it was so ridiculous. And then people would cheer every time Optimus showed up.
That's really odd.

I remember a few years back I went to see War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise one obviously) in this same cinema, and I was completely blown away by the sound. The foghorns on the tripods were deafening, and when the army started using M1's against them the whole cinema shook with each shot of the cannon. It was a hell of an experience.

Same cinema, same screen, and for the whole of Transformers it felt like the robots were shooting air at each other. The tanks were shooting air at the decepticons. The whole thing felt really horrible. It was the main reason why I didn't enjoy a single action sequence in the film.

So are you saying that the sound was really good in your ones? It was so bad in mine
ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

199 Lives - Awesome, if you're into motocross and general radness.

Just started watching The Bridge on the River Kwai - good or am I wasting my time?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6235|Escea

mtb0minime wrote:

Sound was really good at the screen I was in, and everyone was laughing at all of the funny parts.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6679

ghettoperson wrote:

Just started watching The Bridge on the River Kwai - good or am I wasting my time?
Pretty good movie, if you are into these kinds of movies.  Alec Guinness was a great actor.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728
Hostel 9/10

Fuck Slovakia.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6475|cuntshitlake

Gran Torino. Easily the best 21st century movie I have seen. Only bad thing was Thao's terribad acting.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6378|California
Transformers 10/10
Will see it again in IMAX with my free movie ticket + free popcorn and soda coupon!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6486|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Knowing

6/10

Cage should quit acting.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6465|The Twilight Zone

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Knowing

6/10

Cage should quit acting.
That bad?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6118|eXtreme to the maX
Cage should quit acting.
He would have to start first.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282
I'm sorry everyone I know i'm going on about this a lot, and yeah i'm sure you're all just at the 'STFU Yoda' point now, but someone on the Steam Forums posted this and it needs to be listened to.

Couldn't agree more.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-06-25 08:36:14)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6665

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I'm sorry everyone I know i'm going on about this a lot, and yeah i'm sure you're all just at the 'STFU Yoda' point now, but someone on the Steam Forums posted this and it needs to be listened to.

Couldn't agree more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__bQ-Y7D8Q
He was just harping on and on about how misogynistic the film was, and how it should be banned or something I dont know I stopped listening when he started bringing feminism into it.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6165|what

Body of Lies

8/10

Could have used a few more plot twists, but it was very good. Crowe was great too.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard