Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270

FFLink13 wrote:

Transformers 2

Seriously... So amazing. the fucking fight scenes are just... Oh God, words can't describe it.

And it's funny, too!

10/10, easy.
Are you fucking serious. That film was the most annoying and downright unentertaining film i've seen in a hell of a long time. I'll draw a chart of the entertainment I was getting from it over time in a minute. God. I wanted to leave after the first 20 minutes. Any scene featuring humans was cringeworthy. The action was extremely unexciting and flat. Every single bit of humour in the entire film fell flat on its face as well. I honestly don't see how anyone could've enjoyed it.

2/10 (the 2 is for briefly featuring an aerospace museum)

Ok. Made a nice graph. ***WARNING: SPOILERS***
This is what the experience was like.

Seriously though. I had low expectations for that film since the first one, but it blew me away with just how bad it was.

Other things that were bad about the film that I didn't have room for in my graph:
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Every tiny robot. Why are these in the film? Why are they all so... ARGH! STOP TAKING UP SCREENTIME.
His parents.
THE MEXICAN TWIN CARS. Were they supposed to be funny or just annoying? I honestly couldn't tell. But they were in it far too much I know that.
Transforming. Nearly every single time it happened, it happened when the camera was 1 foot away from whatever was transforming meaning you couldn't make head or tail out of what was going on.
Fighting. Nearly every single time it happened, it happened when the camera was 1 foot away from whatever was fighting  meaning you couldn't make head or tail out of what was going on.
Sound effects. I've mentioned them in the graph but seriously. Everything sounds like it's made of plastic. Every gun sounds like it's made of plastic. Every explosion sounds like a soft blast of air.

That's enough ranting for now . I'm just annoyed my time was wasted in the cinema for that long. 2 and a half hours!

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-06-22 13:03:30)

lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6595|Toronto-Canada
was it that bad for you?^^^, damn.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
Hes just not that into you
Lots of famous actors, love story of 5 people who are all in a way connected between each other. A happy ending for some, a less happy one for others
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
Yep. I was honestly facepalming frequently. As in literally head in hands.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Ladykillers

8/10

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

So I just watched I am legend and both of the endings suck epically. As many other movies, this one had potential, but the darkseekers look stupid and the plot is irrational. Meh.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
.Sup
be nice
I am legend
10/10
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Transformers 2

Seriously... So amazing. the fucking fight scenes are just... Oh God, words can't describe it.

And it's funny, too!

10/10, easy.
Are you fucking serious. That film was the most annoying and downright unentertaining film i've seen in a hell of a long time. I'll draw a chart of the entertainment I was getting from it over time in a minute. God. I wanted to leave after the first 20 minutes. Any scene featuring humans was cringeworthy. The action was extremely unexciting and flat. Every single bit of humour in the entire film fell flat on its face as well. I honestly don't see how anyone could've enjoyed it.

2/10 (the 2 is for briefly featuring an aerospace museum)

Ok. Made a nice graph. ***WARNING: SPOILERS***
This is what the experience was like.

Seriously though. I had low expectations for that film since the first one, but it blew me away with just how bad it was.

Other things that were bad about the film that I didn't have room for in my graph:
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Every tiny robot. Why are these in the film? Why are they all so... ARGH! STOP TAKING UP SCREENTIME.
His parents.
THE MEXICAN TWIN CARS. Were they supposed to be funny or just annoying? I honestly couldn't tell. But they were in it far too much I know that.
Transforming. Nearly every single time it happened, it happened when the camera was 1 foot away from whatever was transforming meaning you couldn't make head or tail out of what was going on.
Fighting. Nearly every single time it happened, it happened when the camera was 1 foot away from whatever was fighting  meaning you couldn't make head or tail out of what was going on.
Sound effects. I've mentioned them in the graph but seriously. Everything sounds like it's made of plastic. Every gun sounds like it's made of plastic. Every explosion sounds like a soft blast of air.

That's enough ranting for now . I'm just annoyed my time was wasted in the cinema for that long. 2 and a half hours!

I can only hope you didn't go in expecting a Titanic-like story.

It is what it is, it's an overly extravagant, explosion filled violent movie.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

.Sup wrote:

I am legend
10/10
Your ass 10/10
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA
Waiting 9/10

Fantastic movie

Funny, smart, and has an incredibly colorful cast of characters.  Love this movie
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
Transformers 2:

9/10

I enjoyed it. I walked in with the mindset of wanting to see big explosions and robots killing each other and and AN F-22 ALIEN ROBOT and I saw it all. And it was worth it. And they were all super shiny.

If I was 15-17 it would be a 10/10, but because I'm a smidge older than that these days, it gets pepped down to 9.0, It would've been a 9.5 if Megan Fox was more......Megan Fox, still some decent moments on that front too

Who cares about people walking in expecting some sort of classic theatrical masterpiece, movies like that suck anyway
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

.Sup wrote:

I am legend
10/10
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You're not serious, are you? I Am Legend was to be put on the "best lulz evar to be had in movies" list. It was utterly pathetic. The only thing that remotely held it together was Smith's good acting. Other than that, it was a true pisstake.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

Zimmer wrote:

oh please, you barely cracked a smile
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yep. I was honestly facepalming frequently. As in literally head in hands.
I know man, the cheek of them not taking Transformers seriously.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6745|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Transformers 2..... So worth the wait! Very good action film and good use of humour in places. Nice to see the Brits in it although the chap with the SAS beret has had it shaped the American way. Jetfire made me laugh as well. I recomend the film to anyone. Roll on the DVD release!
.Sup
be nice

Zimmer wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I am legend
10/10

You're not serious, are you? I Am Legend was to be put on the "best lulz evar to be had in movies" list. It was utterly pathetic. The only thing that remotely held it together was Smith's good acting. Other than that, it was a true pisstake.
um no, I posted it right after DU's post where he said he didn't like the movie
Edit: btw whats it with you and your superior attitude, are you some kind of a reference movie evaluator? If you didn't like it that doesn't mean I have to dislike it as well.

Last edited by .Sup (2009-06-23 13:24:08)

KuSTaV
noice
+947|6511|Gold Coast
Just watched Hot Fuz, 9/10, before that, The Lord of War, 8/10, and 5 minute bits of Valkyrie, The Life of Brian and Transformers.

I think its time to go to sleep, at 6:15am.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Shaun of the Dead on HD. 9/10.
Night at the Museum: Smithsonian.  6/10, though my eldest son thought it was 8/10.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

I am Legend = total failure.

Read the book (quite a short one) and have a look at the opportunity for awesomeness missed in that movie.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Flecco wrote:

Read the book (quite a short one) and have a look at the opportunity for awesomeness missed in that movie.
Today's teenage audience wouldn't get the "So, I was the monster" ending.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I am legend. Good song by White Zombie. Movie? Oh, well 7/10. CGI pooches and boogiemen were shite. Need to get the comic. Still needing to buy the Watchmen comic. Which reminds me:

Watchmen - Tales of the black freighter

5/10

Disappointed
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

The_Guardsman wrote:

Transformers 2..... So worth the wait! Very good action film and good use of humour in places. Nice to see the Brits in it although the chap with the SAS beret has had it shaped the American way. Jetfire made me laugh as well. I recomend the film to anyone. Roll on the DVD release!
I'm off to see it tomorrow
Brasso
+1,549|6630

The Happening - awful movie, 2/10
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

haffeysucks wrote:

The Happening - awful movie, 2/10
lol mark wahlberg...he needs to stick to Entourage. And he does a great job with it, don't get me wrong.

Flecco wrote:

it really was pitiful

and lol @ .Sup telling someone else they have a "superior attitude"

M.O.A.B wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

I'm off to see it tomorrow
ditto
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Transformers 2: 5/10. Cool effects, lovely sound, worth seeing in the theater for that. But there's like, no story... at all. Plus the film was so ADD it was headache-inducing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard