War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

AussieReaper wrote:

There's huge sections of the book that are just completely left out. Book is a thousand times better.

And his relationship with his sister is perfectly normal in the book and movie. No idea how you read it as incestuous. I think you're just projecting.

How's your relationship with your sister?
Not that close, and I'm close with my siblings, but they seem too close for brother and sister in my opinion.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
War Man we all know what's going on here just stop...
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

fuck ebugs
marry Gooners
kill warman
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Gravity: An Overrated 7/10

Was it interesting? Yes. Did it keep my attention and have good pacing? Yes. It was seriously overhyped though. Mind not blown. Replay not needed. Worth a watch, but seriously, IMAX 3D was not enough to make this more AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone said it is the same advancement in graphics as Avatar, but um, no. This was like watching a typical Discovery Channel IMAX Space Special with actors getting in the way of the pretty blue planet. Yes, it was pretty. But it wasn't the most amazing thing I had ever seen as I was led to believe.
my impressions exactly. an okay movie to watch once, but that's that.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
The Wolf of Wall Street - 8.5/10

Took my girlfriend to see this tonight only to realise it went for three hours. That said I was surprised that it maintained the pace and interest throughout. Leonardo DiCaprio is convincing as the unscrupulous stock brokering mogul and there are some cleverly funny moments as well as some dark ones. Heaps of drug, sex and nudity throughout along with profanity so maybe don't take your parents along or anyone you think might be a bit shocked.

All in all I really enjoyed the film and would see it again.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City
Robocop 2014 - 6/10

You come out of the theater thinking it was better than it was... A few days later you realize it wasn't awesome. Everything was all packaged too nicely. Likable characters turned pointlessly evil for no reason except to have bad guys in the movie... And people still follow them, cause hey, they're the boss. Really it is one of those movies that you suspend belief and kinda enjoy, but then you can't help mentally pick apart later. Everything felt kinda forced. And it all wrapped up too nicely. And there really wasn't enough action. The action it did have was kinda...pointless. He fired around like a cleric in Equilibrium, totally unharmed... Then goes from perfect to so damaged he can barely function instantly every time. I don't know. I wanted it to be awesome. I wanted to love it. I tried to convince myself it was really good. It just wasn't.

Last edited by HITNRUNXX (2014-02-20 07:52:03)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Chronicle

That found-footage superpowers movie from a couple of years ago. The whole thing was an allusion to puberty basically.

Passable acting for the most part, interesting enough albeit predictable story. Unfortunately the whole time I was distracted by all the effort put into to ensuring the whole handycam thing was explained. The amount of effort put into story and dialogue was minuscule compared to the effort to explain why the film had certain shots and why there was always a camera on hand filming what was going on. Not only that, effort was even put into explaining various camera shots, and why there was zooming and stuff like that. What kind of super-villain during their climactic fight scenes uses their telekinesis to steal phones and iPads from on-lookers to float around his fight scene taking different angles. If I was in a fight to the death I wouldn't be too concerned about capturing the right angles with the foresight that it would later be edited together to make a found-footage movie.

Also if I ever get superpowers and become an unstoppable supervillain I just hope I'm not that fucking whiny.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Brasso
+1,549|6601

i thought that movie sucked ass but everyone thought it was pretty good. my main problem with the movie was that the main character was an annoying bitch.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

Shahter wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Gravity: An Overrated 7/10

Was it interesting? Yes. Did it keep my attention and have good pacing? Yes. It was seriously overhyped though. Mind not blown. Replay not needed. Worth a watch, but seriously, IMAX 3D was not enough to make this more AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone said it is the same advancement in graphics as Avatar, but um, no. This was like watching a typical Discovery Channel IMAX Space Special with actors getting in the way of the pretty blue planet. Yes, it was pretty. But it wasn't the most amazing thing I had ever seen as I was led to believe.
my impressions exactly. an okay movie to watch once, but that's that.
I probably wouldn't even give it a 7.  More like a 6.5 or even a 6 and

Spoiler (highlight to read):
When George Clooney's character 'appears' to give Sandra Bullock's character a little problem-solving help when she's stuck in the unusable landing pod I almost turned the movie off. That's such a cheap piece of story writing I couldn't get past it.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I probably wouldn't even give it a 7.  More like a 6.5 or even a 6 and
I agree with you... That was why I said an overrated 7... It really didn't deserve it... But a 6 seemed a tad low... So yes, as nitpicky as it may sound, a 6.5 or so is probably far more accurate.
wheelsup@7
Yeah still here
+49|6610|Pennsylvania

Lone Survivor....a rare 10/10. After getting shot up the 4 of them jump off the side of a mountain and tumble down a hill full of jagged rocks, then regroup behind a boulder, when one guy says "motherfucker shot me" the other guy that had been shot 3 times says "your living in the past suck it up" ouch. About the time you remember that this is a true story about seals and start to think....wow suck to be them...one of them yells "man this really sucks". Good movie, well worth 2 hours and the 5.99 from iTunes.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
Well, decided to watch the die hard trilogy again. Still all great after 20+ years, great action, decent plot and acting all worthy of 7 or 8s.

Then for some unknown [and stupid] reason decided to watch the 4th installment of the franchise even though the last time I saw it (in the cinema) I can distinctly remember it being really shit. What a mistake, that movie is just a cluster fuck of stupid. Now I know its a movie and you have to give it some leniency in terms of realism but they just keep throwing face palm after face palm moments one after the next to the point I think it's trying to be a parody of its self without any of the actors in the movie actually knowing it is. I'd give it a 2/10 and feel that is being generous. The second chance I gave this movie just highlighted why I had forgotten just how bad it actually was. Instantly forgettable, laughable and not worth the 2 hours of your life to see.

Now is there any point in watching the 5th? I feel there's not.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City

DrunkFace wrote:

Now is there any point in watching the 5th? I feel there's not.
Dude, the 5th one makes the 4th one look like a solid 8... It was miserable.

This is 40: 1/10
Yes, a 1. Billed as the unofficial sequel of Knocked Up, it was just a spin-off, where the main characters from Knocked Up are never even mentioned, even though they are the siblings of the main characters here. I liked Knocked Up, so I thought it would have to be decent. At least have a few laughs. But no. You get the idea an hour in, but decide to finish it anyway, as it has to be about over. Then at the 1.5 hour mark, it still seems like it is wrapped up and done. So you check the time on it, and YOU STILL HAVE 45 MINUTES LEFT!
Let me save you some time: They fight. A lot. Not funny fighting. Like actual emotionally and mentally abusive fighting that just reminds you of that one couple you know that you try to avoid. Yes, there are some things in it that you will "get" if you  are married and around 40... But it is so over the top and pushed too far, and repetitive, that it isn't funny. You could shorten each 5 minute scene into a 10 second punchline and get it. Example: wife is giving husband impromptu oral, kids come knocking on the door right that minute fighting and bickering. Yup, that is what marriage with kids can be like.) But then the scene goes on for 5 more minutes of the parents screaming obscenities at the 14 and 8 year olds, then are shocked later when the 14 year old uses the language back to them... But they don't bother to punish it or anything... No, just like "Huh, she used bad language." And then move on. Other awesome tidbits are such cliched moments as "Oh noes, he farted in front of me, where has the magic gone?" And meetings with an accountant.

Save yourself two and a half hours of life and just go get into a miserable, abusive relationship. It is less painful in the end.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

The Lego Movie is excellent. I love most things from Chris Miller and Phil Lord. Their sense of humour just gets me. The Lego Movie had very few bits that weren't funny and some bits that I just found tears-in-my-eyes funny. Plus it has a feel-good message too which is nice.

Man I wish they'd never cancelled Clone High...
[Blinking eyes thing]
War Man
I give lego 3/10, it did have a few funny things and there was some redeeming at the end, but it was still shit. I especially didn't like the message.

Last edited by War Man (2014-07-12 11:39:16)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Yeah, I can see how "everyone has the potential to be special" wouldn't resonate with you.
[Blinking eyes thing]
War Man

Ty wrote:

Yeah, I can see how "everyone has the potential to be special" wouldn't resonate with you.
More like no government, business is evil, and chaos is good doesn't resonate well with me.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

More like no government, business is evil, and chaos is good doesn't resonate well with me.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
no it was that will ferrell is evil
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

THAT'S the message you got? Christ, you're like the butthurt Kiwis who thought the Middle Zealand "Wondrous land full of knights, castles, mutton, torture weapons, poverty, leeches, illiteracy, and, um, dragons" joke was a personal comment about New Zealand society.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Ty wrote:

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

THAT'S the message you got? Christ, you're like the butthurt Kiwis who thought the Middle Zealand "Wondrous land full of knights, castles, mutton, torture weapons, poverty, leeches, illiteracy, and, um, dragons" joke was a personal comment about New Zealand society.
i thought you guys just got two rams to battle it out and that'd be your PM.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Yeah, so what? Elections in most places are determined by sheep.

*political observational humour high five and freeze frame*
[Blinking eyes thing]
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

Uh... 2 Guns... was alright...
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
War Man
Guardians of the Galaxy 8/10

Man that movie was enjoyable.

Last edited by War Man (2014-08-02 00:36:25)

HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7/10

I admit... I was overhyped for this one. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as I hoped/thought/wanted it to be.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard