HITNRUNXX
+220|6715|Oklahoma City
Pirates of the Caribbean 4: 7/10

I thought the first one was over hyped, and the 2nd and 3rd were pretty much crap. This one was the best of the lot and actually enjoyable. I found myself bored a few times (typically during action scenes, for some reason.... I mean, come on.... We have seen the swordfight on barrels routine)... But somehow this one managed what the others couldn't do. More of a sense of adventure, pirates, and supernatural combined.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6111|eXtreme to the maX
I liked the mermaids.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I thought the first one was over hyped, and the 2nd and 3rd were pretty much crap. This one was the best of the lot and actually enjoyable. I found myself bored a few times (typically during action scenes, for some reason.... I mean, come on.... We have seen the swordfight on barrels routine)... But somehow this one managed what the others couldn't do. More of a sense of adventure, pirates, and supernatural combined.
Pretty much goes opposite of what most people thought about #4. I liked them all though. If any are on, I'll sit down and watch. First one had skeleton pirates, second had the kraken, third had a sea goddess and a ship fight in a whirlpool, fourth one had, well, mermaids.

The problem with the fourth one is that I didn't really care about the preacher boy and his mermaid because much more developed characters stole every scene.

I still give it a seven though, but a low seven.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6696|Devon, England
That mermaid girl was so pretty, though...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Would be funny if in Pirates 5 he converts a huge group of merfolk to Christianity and starts an undersea holy war with Catholic selkies that the Vatican has to intercede in. Might as well...can hardly get more ridiculous.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6742|Oxferd Ohire
sounds more like south park
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6715|Oklahoma City

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Pretty much goes opposite of what most people thought about #4. I liked them all though. If any are on, I'll sit down and watch. First one had skeleton pirates, second had the kraken, third had a sea goddess and a ship fight in a whirlpool, fourth one had, well, mermaids.

The problem with the fourth one is that I didn't really care about the preacher boy and his mermaid because much more developed characters stole every scene.

I still give it a seven though, but a low seven.
Fair enough.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6580|London
The Ides of March 8/10
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

A Dolphin Tale - found it unratable. it's an ok film based on a true story.

Apollo 18 - Blair Space Project
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6517|Gold Coast
Watched two thirds of Avatar, got bored.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

KuSTaV wrote:

Watched two thirds of Avatar, got bored.
Requires a pretty good ability to suspend disbelief and enjoy the pretty colors.
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.
it's a film you watch in 3d.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

jord wrote:

it's a film you watch in 3d.
It looks great in 3D, but it's still pretty in 2D. I saw it in the theaters a couple times in 3D. Watched it in 2D on a high-quality CRT. Was much more colorful there.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6574|Mountains of NC

Sherlock Holmes 2

7/10 ... very good movie, worth a watch, the forest scene was the best ........... the fight scenes where he maps out all the moves before it happens gets tiresome, clever the first time in the 1st one
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6275

SEREMAKER wrote:

Sherlock Holmes 2

7/10 ... very good movie, worth a watch, the forest scene was the best ........... the fight scenes where he maps out all the moves before it happens gets tiresome, clever the first time in the 1st one
Spoiler (highlight to read):
To be fair, 2 out of the 3 times it happens, the second time it doesn't play out like he thought it would because it's interrupted almost instantly, and the third time he uses it to come to the conclusion that the fight would be pointless and does something completely different. I thought it was a good use of playing on the audiences expectations.

I also enjoyed it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Poorly written, badly acted. Terrible special effects, continuity errors.

I thought the series was...

Brilliant. 10/10
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5970|London, England

not really a movie

still aces
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

AussieReaper wrote:

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Poorly written, badly acted. Terrible special effects, continuity errors.

I thought the series was...

Brilliant. 10/10
daaaayng AussieReaper!
you are one badass in my book, as Garth Marenghi is 

Pure

Aces

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5970|London, England

aces
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
iceman785
+93|6678|Alaska, mother fucker.
Ayrton Senna documentary - 10/10

Powerful movie about my idol... Had me in tears at the end.

Worth a watch even if you don't know who he is and aren't into F1.

Last edited by iceman785 (2011-12-28 03:26:37)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6111|eXtreme to the maX
Happy Feet 2 3/10

Carbon copy of the first one, fewer good jokes, songs not so good, meh.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4973|Dundee, Scotland.

iceman785 wrote:

Ayrton Senna documentary - 10/10

Powerful movie about my idol... Had me in tears at the end.

Worth a watch even if you don't know who he is and aren't into F1.
I'm yet to watch that. I might have to go buy it. I love Senna, what a guy. Him and Mansell, Moncao Grand Prix in 88 (I think it was) in the rain. Good God.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
iceman785
+93|6678|Alaska, mother fucker.
Yeah that race was epic, he was a fucking master in the rain lol. Definitely worth a buy, it's on netflix instant stuff right now though.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4973|Dundee, Scotland.

iceman785 wrote:

Yeah that race was epic, he was a fucking master in the rain lol. Definitely worth a buy, it's on netflix instant stuff right now though.
i r ukish. no netflix here.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6715|Oklahoma City
Mission Impossible 4: 7/10

Enjoyable. Liked the team a lot. I almost said 8 because I was really enjoying it a lot during the movie, and I really liked Simon Pegg... but it really wasn't horribly memorable or anything with a lot of WOW factor... Saw it with a group of friends and none of us talked about it afterward like most good movies...  That doesn't bode well. Once the "neat" wore off, it would be hard to rate above a 7.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard