DupaUnit
+18|5963
A month or so ago I happened to notice that the AK-101 for the assault kit has smaller crosshairs than the AK-101 for the medic kit.  The picture below shows all the sights for US and MEC's Assault and Medic guns, along with the number of pixels wide/high they are.  The M16 crosshair size is the same for Assault and Medic, but the AK is much different.

https://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4045/bf2medicsightspl0.jpg

On the BF2s weapon comparison chart it only lists the stats for the AK-101 as 1 gun, and does not mention this difference.  Does anyone know if the AK for the Assault kit is actually more accurate?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
The crosshair is not an accurate reflection of the actual deviation. They are both the same
BlackKoala
+215|6296
all i know is that when i use the assault m16, i kill more shit.
DupaUnit
+18|5963
The crosshair is not an accurate reflection of the actual deviation. They are both the same
But why would the crosshairs not be the same size then?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

DupaUnit wrote:

Who knows, who cares/
i g
Banned
+876|5835|GA

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

DupaUnit wrote:

Who knows, who cares/
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6613|can
They are both as accurate, but it's easier to aim with a smaller crosshair so yeah.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6118|Texas

BlackKoala wrote:

all i know is that when i use the assault m16, i kill more shit.
noobtube tbh.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6127|Vancouver | Canada
Ak-101 > _____
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6340
balance, medic is support and assault is attacking

note: bf2 isn't famous for its realism (g36e)
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6492|Polish state of EU
who cares, you never gonna keep it in mind when fighting
wensleydale8
+81|6740|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
I love killing people with the 101 especially when their using the G36e.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5970|Aberdeen, Scotland

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

who cares, you never gonna keep it in mind when fighting
Just like the iron sights thread; just play the damn game and you'll learn this stuff
DupaUnit
+18|5963
Just like the iron sights thread; just play the damn game and you'll learn this stuff
I don't see what's wrong with creating this thread to see if anyone has any knowledge as to whether or not the 2 AKs are different.

The assault crosshairs are 33% smaller, so I was curious if perhaps the assault AK is 33% more accurate.  Seems logical, but the general consensus seems to be there is no difference.  Why do you suppose they would have chosen to make the AK crosshairs different sizes, when the M16 has consistent sizes between the two kits?
Nihil
+15|5776|Malaga, Spain
Most curious.

It would be cool if the assault version was better, but I can't say I've noticed any difference.
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Actually they are different - assault's AR's are a little bit more accurate than medic's. Both M16, AK-101 & AK-47. It is easier to score hits on longer range with assault kit. Even though medic is very close, yet difference is noticeble.
I love killing people with the 101 especially when their using the G36e.
That doesnt make you pro - AK-101 and G36E are alike - they both kill enemy very fast. Do the same with M16 isntead of 101.

Last edited by Longbow (2008-07-07 07:22:56)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5902|Somewhere out in Space
https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CNGLsOimnbu7CxDYBRhaMgjB1pOpPvOcYQ

tbh
thepilot91
+64|6207|Ă…land!
assualt carbine in all kits exept some in SF is always more accurate
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5765|sweden
don't mind the crosshairs. a lot of them aren't that well made anyway. like this for example. they haven't removed a part the frame at the bottom:

https://www.violentrevolution.net/e107_files/public/1208999084_5_FT0_pb000096.png
Adamshannon8
+94|6155

hiberNative wrote:

don't mind the crosshairs. a lot of them aren't that well made anyway. like this for example. they haven't removed a part the frame at the bottom:

http://www.violentrevolution.net/e107_f … 000096.png
and V|.R thought it was a Crosshair Hack lol....
l41e
+677|6619

The code for crosshairs is entirely separate from that for accuracy. There could be any number of possible explanations for the difference, but none of them change the fact that the accuracy for the two weapons is identical.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
Assault rifles are better (AK and M16 in assault kit).
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6119|San Antonio, Texas

k30dxedle wrote:

The code for crosshairs is entirely separate from that for accuracy. There could be any number of possible explanations for the difference, but none of them change the fact that the accuracy for the two weapons is identical.
This. You could change the crosshairs themselves to anything you want, jumbo large or super small, that doesn't effect accuracy.

There are separate lines of code for accuracy and crosshairs.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2008-07-07 09:27:15)

Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine

k30dxedle wrote:

You are wrong. I may agree that numbers say otherwise, but ingame I always get better accuracy when I'm assault.
Adamshannon8
+94|6155

Longbow wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

You are wrong. I may agree that numbers say otherwise, but ingame I always get better accuracy when I'm assault.
we all do...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard