kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland
and I have some questions

- is "Live" worth it? I'm using the month free thing and also have another 2 months free
- any games you recommend? (currently have Forza)

Also, I'm trying to set it up with the server in my house and it's having a few problems. It can only see certain video file types, are there codecs to be downloaded? Anything else you recommend I do?

Thanks
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

Live is worth it.

GTAIV, Ghost Recon, Gears, Ace Combat 6, Euro 2008, PES 08, BF:BC.

Just don't get Halo 3.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6476|Sheffield-England
Cod4

Get Live it and we can play
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6567|USA
@zimmer: what's wrong with halo 3?

@ kylef: i've had my 360 for a few years and i've never owned live. its nice, but not necessary. and i think only the most common file types can be used with the 360, so no divx codecs and such.

Last edited by Ender2309 (2008-07-01 13:47:30)

Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

Ender2309 wrote:

@ ryan: i've had my 360 for a few years and i've never owned live. its nice, but not necessary. and i think only the most common file types can be used with the 360, so no divx codecs and such.
Who are you talking to? lol I haven't even said anything yet.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6567|USA

Ryan wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

@ ryan: i've had my 360 for a few years and i've never owned live. its nice, but not necessary. and i think only the most common file types can be used with the 360, so no divx codecs and such.
Who are you talking to? lol I haven't even said anything yet.
i get you two confused. sorry guys!
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6729|St. Andrews / Oslo

kylef wrote:

Also, I'm trying to set it up with the server in my house and it's having a few problems. It can only see certain video file types, are there codecs to be downloaded? Anything else you recommend I do?
check this out
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6151|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Ender2309 wrote:

@ kylef: i've had my 360 for a few years and i've never owned live. its nice, but not necessary. and i think only the most common file types can be used with the 360, so no divx codecs and such.
*Cough*

Depends where you look,

If youlre into downloading stuff, DivX and Xvid ARE the most popular *-)
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6443|Amsterdam‫
divx is supported   its great
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6628|New Hampshire, USA

Ender2309 wrote:

Nothing is wrong with the multiplayer, but the singleplayer campaign was single greatest let down in my entire history of playing videogames.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51

kylef wrote:

- is "Live" worth it? I'm using the month free thing and also have another 2 months free

Thanks
Get Battlefield: Bad Company!
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5958|Washington DC
Live's worth it if you wanna play online...
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6574|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

HurricaИe wrote:

Live's worth it if you wanna play online...
Capitain Obvious!
kptk92
u
+972|6405|tc_london
B-Company - it will not let you down, it is the only reason I play Live now
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6567|USA

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Nothing is wrong with the multiplayer, but the singleplayer campaign was single greatest let down in my entire history of playing videogames.
i thought the campaign was great. certainly a step up from h2.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

kylef wrote:

Thanks
Live is worth it.

Get BF:BC, CoD4, PGR4 (it's fun, albeit arcadey), and add me on Xbox!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6628|New Hampshire, USA

Ender2309 wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Pretty much what they did (and this was confirmed somewhere) was spend a few years making a great MP game, then at the last minuite say "shit, we forgot to make a campaign," and throw together a half-assed one with an awful story.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Pretty much what they did (and this was confirmed somewhere) was spend a few years making a great MP game, then at the last minuite say "shit, we forgot to make a campaign," and throw together a half-assed one with an awful story.
That's because people play the campaign for a few weeks to get a feel for the game, then they play MP the rest of the time. If the SP is better than the MP, no one would have any fun.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6357|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
Live was the only reason I got a 360.  If there wasn't online play it would be useless imo
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6738|FUCK UBISOFT

Ryan wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

That's because people play the campaign for a few weeks to get a feel for the game, then they play MP the rest of the time. If the SP is better than the MP, no one would have any fun.
just like CoD4, MGS4, and GTA4...
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6615|Medford, WI

kptk92 wrote:

B-Company - it will not let you down, it is the only reason I play Live now
except everyone now on oasis is flipping jeeps over and stat padding, so I refuse to play that lvl
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)
Kyle: Can't recall - do you know coding (like C/C++ coding) at all?

If so, or if you're interested in playing around with writing code for 360, then you should look into whatever the premium-level Live subscription is called (gold?) - that allows you to 'publish' your own stuff through Live, or something (I don't have a 360 so am not 100% sure of the details)...
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland
Thanks for all the replies, I'll take a look into them

Scorpion - not really interested / know a lot about coding I'm afraid ... just basic HTML and ... BBCode
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6691|The Ville
Where is that thread with xbox live user names ? I can't find it
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6445

Obiwan wrote:

Where is that thread with xbox live user names ? I can't find it
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=100952

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard