Poll

Will the new patch put an end to the whining?

Yes16%16% - 22
No83%83% - 110
Total: 132
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6804|Orlando, FL - Age 43
After spending a few months reading the incessant whining associated such topics as bunny-hopping, the GL, C4 throwing, etc.  many of these people feel that their prayers will be answered by EA's upcoming patch 1.2 and claim that the game will finally live up to their standards.

IMNSHO, I think that the whining will latch itself onto new outlets as the soon as the patch becomes available. 

What do you think?

Last edited by Darth_Fleder (2006-01-13 23:00:50)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6703|Antarctica
Don't count on it.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6741|St. Paul, MN

Darth_Fleder wrote:

After spending a few months reading the incessant whining associated such topics as bunny-hopping, the GL, C4 throwing, etc.  many of these people feel that their prayers will be answered by EA's upcoming patch 1.2 and claim that the game will finally live up to their standards.

IMNSHO, I think that the whining will latch itself onto new outlets as the soon as the patch becomes available. 

What do you think?
I'm disappointed that EA is basing most of its "improvements" on whiners. how about fixing annoying crashes to desktops, color bugs, that annoying squad bug? noooooooo lets hose people's vehicles, eliminate legitimate game features in the name of "fairness."

but I suppose we'll have to wait a few more months before they fix the real issues.

Last edited by Kkookie (2006-01-13 23:13:01)

chickenmuncher
+2|6748| U.S.A.
Pshh people are gonna start saying, "The length of the spirnt doesn't live up to my sandards" or "A 200 round Mag on the M249 doesn't suit my trigger happy needs" orr "Why can't tanks go in water?" orrr "Why don't we get ABOMBS????"

No matter what the smallest thing will piss anyone off.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6759|Internet!
Whining is eternal... my tank should float.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

it is in human nature to bitch
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6695

chickenmuncher wrote:

Pshh people are gonna start saying, "The length of the spirnt doesn't live up to my sandards" or "A 200 round Mag on the M249 doesn't suit my trigger happy needs" orr "Why can't tanks go in water?" orrr "Why don't we get ABOMBS????"

No matter what the smallest thing will piss anyone off.
you have to admit, watching an ABOMB explode in a game would be pretty sweet....just once maybe...then your character dies of radiation like 2 rounds later?
dracul
+2|6805
Maybe the complainging will tone down or not.

Regardless, I think post-patch will result in a better game.
Chopper pilots will learn not to loiter, and the best ones will become expert at the hit and run.
Jet pilots will learn to keep an eye on their six, and hopefully dogfights will consist of more than who can trick the other guy into going out-of-bounds first.

All in all, I think it will be much more realistic.
Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6696|İstanbul,Türkiye
This Patch is total bullshit. Who wants it to be realistic its a game for crying out loud. This new patch killin my way of playin, no more tv guide shot from two flag away, no more hopping, i just find out how effective this noob tube is and now its gone. Damn you EA.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6768|AUS, Canberra
what idiot voted yes?
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6677
I guess this good as any other place to whine . First off the Jets are way unbalanced and correct me if I'm wrong they have full radar scan so no one can hide from crap . My second rant - the airdefenses are crap and troops need stigers . The tking system and asking 12 yr olds to forgive you even though it's their fault clearly - FAIL ! The M95 - worthless ! Smoke grenades dont last long enough . Special forces should have a half guhuille suit . That's what needs to be fix .

JK
Speelbal
+146|6749|Netherlands
Hiya Darth. I agree. It will result in more whining. People who use the c4 trick often: "I hate the new patch wich disabled the shooting in air function". Etc. I wish they would fix my vid probs.

I made some screens of my "glitches"

https://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8563/screen0837qh.jpg

Black screen.

https://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8633/screen0868na.jpg

Just wtf?

https://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8875/screen0870wk.jpg

No fog.

And ofcourse the random lock ups, where it's impossbile to make screens.

EA, fix my probs first. I need a new system. Help me finance it.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6755|Brixham, UK
Is the red tag glitch going yet?
maddogjj
+3|6829|U S A
Well i dont know about the A bomb but i would love a few squads to have mortors to fill in when arty was down
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

DUFFKING wrote:

Is the red tag glitch going yet?
its not a damn glitch for gods sake. people actually just modify files do it comes up red. no glitch. never has been. theres even instructions on how to do it.
nitro92
I cheat.
+-6|6799|Sydney, Australia
well since they got the P90 for AT unlock and the L96A1 (AKA AWP) for sniper is better be
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6707|Sweden
Speelbal, that looks serious...
Speelbal
+146|6749|Netherlands
No your sig looks serious. Wow.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England
no1 will ever stop whinin about bf2 no matter how good it is, people will carry on moanin about petty things
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Darth_Fleder wrote:

What do you think?
The only thing that will ever stop the whining is the end of the world.
RDMC_old
+0|6733|Almere, Holland

Darth_Fleder wrote:

What do you think?
they better stop whinin.. goddamn folks allready fucked the game.. so they better stop whining..
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6780|The Hague, Holland
Hm... Wait... Ehm... Divided by 6...
Add 2, drop the R...
Yeh, the answer is defintly "No".
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6738|Vermont
Probably not.  In fact I plan on whining incessantly when I'm not able to jump-throw my grenades.  Also, does anyone know if you will still be able to jump-throw C4?  If not, it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to C4 tanks and APCs.
cellness
+0|6675
Hey Speelbal, maybe I can give you a little help with your video problems. I'm not certain about the 1st and 3rd screenshots, but the 2nd screenshot is (to the best of my knowledge) a problem called texture corruption. I know this because I spent quite a long time researching this several months ago when I suffered the same problem. The problem manifested itself with BF1942 and Vietnam, and eventually with BF2, although it didn't do it so much with 1942, which I played alot more than Vietnam, but it was really bad with BF2, which prompted me to get to the bottom of the problem. No other games that I had would cause the problem (except I think UT2004, which I only played once at a LAN party). I think the reason that the BF series triggered the problem was that they taxed my video card and overall system much more than anything else. So the problem wasn't with BF, but with my system overall.

The way to resolve this problem is basically the same as any other video problem. Follow all the basic steps, such as updating video drives, GART/AGP drivers, turn off overclocking, change AGP apeture size in the BIOS, etc, etc. In my case, the thing that seemed to resolve the issue, oddly enough, was setting the AGP apeture to 256MB. I had avoided doing this for a long time because common knowledge was to set it at about 128. However, the Omega Drivers page said to turn it up, so I did and presto the problem disappeared. Also, using the Omega Drivers seemed to help with the problem somewhat before I stumbled upon the final fix.

It appears to me that the 1st and 3rd screenshots are also video related, so I would guess that if you fixed the texture corruption problem, you may also fix the other video issues. Do a search on "texture corruption" and you should find a lot more info to help you.

Good Luck!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6766|Human Meat Shield
No.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard