blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6684
A postcard featuring a cute puppy sitting in a policeman's hat advertising a Scottish police force's new telephone number has sparked outrage from Muslims.  Tayside Police's new non-emergency phone number has prompted complaints from members of the Islamic community.

The choice of image on the Tayside Police cards - a black dog sitting in a police officer's hat - has now been raised with Chief Constable John Vine.

https://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/ABS_PC_1/article-1030798-01CF01ED00000578-89.jpg

The advert has upset Muslims because dogs are considered ritually unclean and has sparked such anger that some shopkeepers in Dundee have refused to display the advert.

Dundee councillor Mohammed Asif said: 'My concern was that it's not welcomed by all communities, with the dog on the cards.

'It was probably a waste of resources going to these communities.

'They (the police) should have understood. Since then, the police have explained that it was an oversight on their part, and that if they'd seen it was going to cause upset they wouldn't have done it.'   The chief constable said he was unaware of the concerns and that the force had not sought to cause any upset but added he would look into the matter.Councillor Asif said: 'People who have shops just won't put up the postcard. But the police have said to me that it was simply an oversight and they did not seek to offend or upset.'Rebel has proved a popular recruit for Tayside Police after coming through the very first Lothian and Borders Police dog-breeding programme in February. 

One of seven German Shepherd pups born in early December, he has now completed his course of inoculations, and is free to venture out onto the streets of Tayside.

A spokesman for Tayside Police said: 'Trainee police dog Rebel has proved extremely popular with children and adults since being introduced to the public, aged six weeks old, as Tayside Police's newest canine recruit.'His incredible world-wide popularity - he has attracted record visitor numbers to our website - led us to believe Rebel could play a starring role in the promotion of our non-emergency number.

linky
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum
Fuck em.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6710|UK
bend to our will infidels.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6684

FatherTed wrote:

Fuck em.
Do you think the picture of the puppy should be displayed even though it may cause riots
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6606|NYC / Hamburg

if you're insulted by this you should stfu & gtfo

blademaster wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Fuck em.
Do you think the picture of the puppy should be displayed even though it may cause riots
and the cops get to shoot rioters ... where's the problem?

Last edited by max (2008-07-01 06:20:54)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum

blademaster wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Fuck em.
Yep.

Adapt to society here, or don't stay here tbh.

Last edited by FatherTed (2008-07-01 06:21:21)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6528|Gogledd Cymru

I bet that less than 1% of the population of Tayside are muslims aswell.

FatherTed wrote:

Fuck em.
If they don't like it tough fucking luck.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6659|London, England
They should change it to a pig instead, then
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6795|Hell, p.o box 666

outrage here outrage there! F*ck em all!!!
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6427|New York
Those assholes can fucking deal with it. It's not like this ad is being forced upon them, and it's not like it was done maliciously.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6502|Tyne & Wear, England

The Sheriff wrote:

I bet that less than 1% of the population of Tayside are muslims aswell.
And I bet only 1% of that 1% are actually 'outraged' by the cards.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Slayer
---hates you

muahahaha, the ad below is singlemuslim.com!!! Oh wait, I smell outrage!!!
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|6022|Perth, indian ocean
mans thats fucking lame
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6661|Little Bentcock
Fuck them, if they wish to complain about that stuff go back to the ME.
avman633
+116|6403
That's the stupidest thing to get angry about. It's a fucking puppy on a hat, it's not insulting anybody.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6502|Tyne & Wear, England
Meh, this is what the Daily Mail does, it uses sensationalist phrases like 'sparked outrage'.

I bet it was some old Muslim grandad writing a letter of complaint.  But of course now the British public now think riots are going on up in Tayside.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
David.P
Banned
+649|6312

FatherTed wrote:

Fuck em.
Finally you understand. Now come join the Lulz side and fulfill your destiny!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6308

FatherTed wrote:

blademaster wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Fuck em.
Yep.

Adapt to society here, or don't stay here tbh.
Exactly. Bloody hell. I think everyone is sick and tired of these people by now.

The government should hand them a big STFU card before it's too late.

Live by our way of life or get out.
Benzin
+576|6037
Amazing ... and I thought the NAACP in America was bad ...
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6273|S.A. Australia
If you dont like the sign, feel free to ignore it, just dont complain more when you dial the wrong number for the police and you end up getting robbed.
Serious Flex
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6325|eng
Give them the choice.

Puppy or Mohammed.

I bet they'll shut the fuck up then.
#rekt
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6329|Éire
How many Muslims are outraged? 2...3...100?
Slayer
---hates you

arent all of em outraged at any time???
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6518|Sheffield-England
Send them all back seriously!

They make me so god damn angry with all this political correctness bullshit.

If you don't like what you see get out of the kitchen!
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6499|UK

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Meh, this is what the Daily Mail does, it uses sensationalist phrases like 'sparked outrage'.

I bet it was some old Muslim grandad writing a letter of complaint.  But of course now the British public now think riots are going on up in Tayside.
Only post in this thread worth reading.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard