voltage
+46|6811|Sweden
... if your team is already winning. I leave the explanation to someone else.

But if you don't care about score you can do it for fun! Remember to lol.
Axatar
+29|6433|France
True, if you deny your team some frags you get less points.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6379|Somersetshire
any commander kills decrease your overall/end commander score, also if you (the commander) are capping a flag and there is a team mate with you, make sure you are only assisting because you won't get the 2 points whereas he/she will and that will help your score

Last edited by Tehremos (2008-06-27 12:38:44)

Volatile
+252|6675|Sextupling in Empire

But I like to see the bodies fly. And I love it when I get the rage chat when i've killed one person repeatedly with arty.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6596|Quebec city, Canada
It does decrease the commander score a bit but what is important when you are commander is the win to get x2 points. So I'd rather drop artillery to help my team.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5970|Aberdeen, Scotland
Yep, if you are desperate for comm points don't use arty when you are winning ;P

It is good fun to watch it fall though.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
I use it to rain metal death on lone snipers usually anyway

I'm more concerned about winning than points anyway, especially as commander.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

this assumes your team is not getting its ass kicked.
i g
Banned
+876|5835|GA

it's like 2005 all over again
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6340
"Fact: stats are life."

I'd still use it I'l get over the 6 missed points
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6128|Anaheim, Mexifornia
I would rather care about my K/D going up than lame ass global points.
and screw my teams points tbqfh.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6678|67.222.138.85
Someone who is scrapping every last point out of his team to up his commander score needs an arty strike on his house.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6780|Marathon, Florida Keys

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

it's like 2005 all over again
for real, when i read the OP i was like:

.......This guys talking like the game just came out a week ago
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5765|sweden

Tehremos wrote:

any commander kills decrease your overall/end commander score
i did not know this, but i mostly started commanding when io came.
cheify0
+2|6199|Philippines

S.Lythberg wrote:

I use it to rain metal death on lone snipers usually anyway

I'm more concerned about winning than points anyway, especially as commander.
I AGREE!!!
l41e
+677|6619

...the fuck?

If you're going for score, resign commander and TK some PFC for *your* J-10 or Cobra.
iD
Hates most server admins.
+7|6627
it still increases your kill count. so go and artillery the uncap
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6717|Mexico City

voltage wrote:

... if your team is already winning. I leave the explanation to someone else.

But if you don't care about score you can do it for fun! Remember to lol.
wow, you are so funny and smart !!!!!.............gosh........go back to WoW.
artillery is to be used to help your team by cleaning the area so they can advance and CAP FLAGS (that means, more to commander score).
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5970|Aberdeen, Scotland

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

wow, you are so funny and smart !!!!!.............gosh........go back to WoW.
artillery is to be used to help your team by cleaning the area so they can advance and CAP FLAGS (that means, more to commander score).
Except if your team is any good, they could kill all those enemies and still cap the flag; flag caps themselves give relatively few points. The game will last longer and everyone can score more. That was the point made by the OP.

I'm starting to see why everyone here seems to hate you.

Last edited by MrAnderson (2008-06-28 04:51:51)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6434|meh-land
Fighting commanders ftw

commanders who sit in one spot and sit at commander screen are about as useful as...
well grenade against a tank
there is application but no point tbh
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
Never knew that ...
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6717|Mexico City

MrAnderson wrote:

Except if your team is any good, they could kill all those enemies and still cap the flag; flag caps themselves give relatively few points. The game will last longer and everyone can score more. That was the point made by the OP.

I'm starting to see why everyone here seems to hate you.
and if theyre not?, like a bunch of medics shooting at armors or planes ? how many times have you see them changing to AT or SF to attack armors? very few, too many guys are for the heal/revive/resupply (they do kills in the proccess) but not care about winning the round.
Even if theyre a good squad, against a wall of nades, spray shooting and vehicles madness, they can be brought down, thats where arty comes in and saves the day. whats the point of arty ?, HELP YOUR TEAM.

I think for you is more important the points. For me is winning the round.

Blehm98 wrote:

Fighting commanders ftw

commanders who sit in one spot and sit at commander screen are about as useful as...
well grenade against a tank
there is application but no point tbh
A fighting commander is good if he stays BEHIND front lines (like middle-long range sniper), and use his toys when needed and ASKED for.
a fighting commander that only uses his toys for himself or never uses them deserves to be kicked/banned.

btw,
a grenade does hurt an armor, but you need like 50 to blow it....

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2008-06-28 10:41:43)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6537|England

"The commander points are every point earned by a member of your team during your reign as commander divided by the total of living team members at the given time."

So if you kill enemies with artillery, then yes, you are taking away from your own score that could be earnt from your team killing said enemies. However, if you take out some infantry and a tank with that artillery strike, and your team cap the flag nearby, then you've immediatly helped on the way to winning the round = doubling your commander score for winning.
Its a fine balance, but thats not to say that you shouldnt drop artillery just for the sake of a few points...

and if theyre not?, like a bunch of medics shooting at armors or planes ? how many times have you see them changing to AT or SF to attack armors? very few, too many guys are for the heal/revive/resupply (they do kills in the proccess) but not care about winning the round.
I must be on the wrong servers then, because a lot of people go AT/Engineer to take out Tanks and APC's. Mind you, thats the name of the game outside city maps where that is probably (still) true.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6717|Mexico City

Snake wrote:

I must be on the wrong servers then, because a lot of people go AT/Engineer to take out Tanks and APC's. Mind you, thats the name of the game outside city maps where that is probably (still) true.
you mean Special forces servers i guess ?
because in normal vanilla servers is usually a killing spree for armors....
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6537|England

Snake wrote:

you mean Special forces servers i guess ?
because in normal vanilla servers is usually a killing spree for armors....
EF/AF, and even vanilla. Gotland#1 especially.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard