max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

I did my drivers license in one of those. The damn thing would stall in first gear if you had the A/C on and normally drove up a mountain.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
The#1Spot
+105|6551|byah

max wrote:

I did my drivers license in one of those. The damn thing would stall in first gear if you had the A/C on and normally drove up a mountain.
should have driven the diesel model
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6731|Scotland

FatherTed wrote:

https://www.173sqn.co.uk/other/grobtutor.PNG

These are quite fun to "drive"
QFT
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6205|Schofield Barracks
https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc223/MAGUIRE93/backtrail_x2.jpg
i drive that everyday(but mines black).
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6560|UK

I love how these threads just become huge pissing contests.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6631|Mhz

max wrote:

Probably a tiny little 1.2? MIne's 1.9 has no troubles with hills lol.

The#1Spot wrote:

Like mine lol, diesels r so damn noisy tho >_<.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2008-06-15 12:27:46)

GR34
+215|6556|ALBERTA> CANADA
i DROVE A warrior IFV  a week ago
Benzin
+576|6010

Bell wrote:

I love how these threads just become huge pissing contests.
I post an absolute POS and everyone has to go and post shit they're ridden in or whatever that is clearly better than this car. Hell, a Yugo would be better than this car - provided that the Yugo was running.
Ryan
+1,230|6854|Alberta, Canada

.Sup wrote:

Ryan wrote:

wtf is this peugeot shit?
Do you live in Papua New Guinea or what?
Canada my friend.
Euro cars aren't very popular, except for Volkswagens.
The#1Spot
+105|6551|byah

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

max wrote:

I almost bought one of those this week, got this instead though

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9532/206lb4.jpg

The#1Spot wrote:

I wish I had a diesel hatchback. I would bear the noise any day knowing I have a 45-50mpg+ car.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6696|United States of America

avman633 wrote:

Drakef wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Doing well with the tenses there..
There is only one tense present in my sentence, "drove", which is a past tense of the word 'drive'. I'm not quite sure what meaning you are intending to convey, if not the past tense.
He's trying to say that what you should have said was "I drove my friend's sister's Mazda Protege last night." Tonight implies future which makes no sense because you said "drove," meaning past tense.
Drakef's sentence is correct so long as it was still the same night he drove it when he posted the statement in question. Judging from his post time, I believe he is made of win at the present time.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6631|Mhz

The#1Spot wrote:

max wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

I wish I had a diesel hatchback. I would bear the noise any day knowing I have a 45-50mpg+ car.
56mpg rated, it's gettin on a bit now though, so probably closer to what you said.
mikkel
+383|6612

DesertFox- wrote:

avman633 wrote:

Drakef wrote:

There is only one tense present in my sentence, "drove", which is a past tense of the word 'drive'. I'm not quite sure what meaning you are intending to convey, if not the past tense.
He's trying to say that what you should have said was "I drove my friend's sister's Mazda Protege last night." Tonight implies future which makes no sense because you said "drove," meaning past tense.
Drakef's sentence is correct so long as it was still the same night he drove it when he posted the statement in question. Judging from his post time, I believe he is made of win at the present time.
As long as. As.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

max wrote:

I almost bought one of those this week, got this instead though

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9532/206lb4.jpg

The#1Spot wrote:

yeah, the smallest engine. At least it really taught me how to drive stick. After that thing nothing is a problem anymore. Not a single stall after that .  Not that it matters anyways, I personally drive a 272PS automatic nowadays.

And diesels can be really nice. I <3 the engine in my moms BMW X5 3.0sd
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6728|Riva, MD

.Sup wrote:

Ryan wrote:

They don't make Peugeots in North America, I checked the website and they don't have anything in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico.  I've never seen one here either.  I wouldn't even have known they existed if I hadn't played Need for Speed: Underground.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2008-06-15 15:32:45)

DesertFox-

mikkel wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

avman633 wrote:

As long as. As.
http://www.bartleby.com/68/53/553.html
(You) check it out.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2008-06-15 15:32:21)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6854|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I drove this today when getting a Pizza
https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/fah_q2/2001%20Mitsubishi%20Pajero%20Fieldmaster/pajeromain3.jpg
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6682|UK

Ryan wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Canada my friend.
People must drive shit cars in Canada if European cars are not popular...
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
Am I the only one that can't see what's so special about a fucking Pug 106. I don't care what edition it is, it's still a Pug and it's still a 106.

edit EDIT EDIT:

Ok, one exception. 206 WRC:

https://damox.com/cars/thumbs/Peugeot/Peugeot_206_wrc.jpg

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-06-15 15:53:16)

DesertFox-

m3thod wrote:

Ryan wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Canada my friend.
I've seen more of any Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin or Bentley than Peugot cars during my lifetime.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6854|Reykjavík, Iceland.

m3thod wrote:

Ryan wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Canada my friend.
Jappie/Korean cars > Euro cars > American Cars

tbqfh
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6692|Disaster Free Zone

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Am I the only one that can't see what's so special about a fucking Pug 106. I don't care what edition it is, it's still a Pug and it's still a 106.

edit EDIT EDIT:

Ok, one exception. 206 WRC:

http://damox.com/cars/thumbs/Peugeot/Pe … 06_wrc.jpg
It was part of Clarksons 'best  handling cars of all time'.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
And should have won
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6728|Riva, MD

m3thod wrote:

Ryan wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Canada my friend.
It's not that they're not popular.

_j5689_ wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Ryan wrote:

They don't make Peugeots in North America, I checked the website and they don't have anything in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico.  I've never seen one here either.  I wouldn't even have known they existed if I hadn't played Need for Speed: Underground.
mikkel
+383|6612

DesertFox- wrote:

mikkel wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

As long as. As.
http://www.bartleby.com/68/53/553.html
(You) check it out.
You can also easily find "official" sources telling you that "so long as" is incorrect. That's because it is. "So long as" does not make sense. The form of the word "as" being used here is synonymous with "while". There's no form of "so" that's synonymous with "while".
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6373|Vancouver

DesertFox- wrote:

avman633 wrote:

Drakef wrote:

Whatever. I'm a History Major, so we tend to write exclusively in past tense. This "present" stuff alarms and confuses us. We're unsure of what to think of it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard