(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6839|Grapevine, TX

S.Lythberg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I do not blame the prophet Muhammad for the actions of the Ayatollah, I blame the Ayatollah for the actions of the Ayatollah.  it is the religious fervor of the people, however, that legitimizes the Ayatollah's power in the nation
religious fervor my ass

S.Lythberg wrote:

the community leaders in the middle east have arranged their political structures and laws to ensure the continued ignorance of their people (especially women), and the men of the nation, who have the means to stop it, are content to let the cycle of oppression continue, as they are not the ones that have to suffer.
You said it yourself.
but if islam was removed from the equation (or christianity, or hinduism, or daoism, or .....) the situation might improve, the threat of eternal damnation makes people do crazy things
that will never happen, as long as there is mankind.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Pro tip: everything after but, is BS.

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Well you know he is never going to steal anything ever again

I obviously do not agree with the punishment though
you do not know this... very weak argument, as barbaric and heinous this act is.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5943|United States
what's the song?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6457|Chicago, IL

argo4 wrote:

what's the song?
mad world
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina
*looks pensively at Iran*  You know...  we haven't done above ground nuclear testing in quite some time.  I know just the place.

Iran could receive a tremendous dose of fuckitall.
bf2gammer
+14|6231
That is just wrong. It makes it worse by putting his arm on a blanket because that puts all the pressure and tension on the middle of his bones.

What a sick place to live.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6457|Chicago, IL

Turquoise wrote:

*looks pensively at Iran*  You know...  we haven't done above ground nuclear testing in quite some time.  I know just the place.

worlds largest pane of glass

lez do it
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6209|Daqing Oilfields?
Thats just fucked up.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6692|Disaster Free Zone

Turquoise wrote:

So instead of driving a car across that boys arm, you're going to nuke him. Sounds so much more justified.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2008-06-14 05:20:14)

PureFodder
+225|6296
In the US someone got a 25 year jail yerm for stealing one slice of pizza.
Someone got 25 years for stealing some chocolate chip cookies.
The US is the only country that imprisons minors for life with no possibility of parole.

Remember that the US justice system, although clearly better than this, is viewed as being backards and repressive by much of the rest of the world. Should the US therefore be nuked too?
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5838
The same kind of animal that annihilates millions of people because some of them broke a kid's arm, I guess.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5994|Perth, indian ocean
That was fucking horrible.
Cutting off a hand for stealing is bad enough.
But that was monstrous.

ATG wrote:

Ya know...this is the kind of shit that makes me wish we'd just go ahead and turn the Middle East into glass.
^ Pretty much sums up what i feel at the moment.
bf2gammer
+14|6231

DrunkFace wrote:

bf2gammer wrote:

That is just wrong. It makes it worse by putting his arm on a blanket because that puts all the pressure and tension on the middle of his bones.

So instead of driving a car across that boys arm, you're going to nuke him. Sounds so much more justified.
wtf are you talking about. i said that the punishment for stealing a loaf of bread is just wrong. where did you get nukes involved?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6116|eXtreme to the maX
Absolutely disgusting
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6768|Argentina
Thx I was having breakfast ya know?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85

S.Lythberg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

or has the religion stemmed from the social situation?

poorer, oppressed people often look to a higher power for salvation, seeing as their governments are hopelessly flawed.
A quick look at a history book says no.
the middle east was a center of academia and progressive thinking during the dark ages, even after the advent of Islam, the unrest in the region is (relatively) more recent.
...which is why the problem is social and not religious. The religion has been around a lot longer than the problem.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England

S.Lythberg wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

worlds largest pane of glass

lez do it
That's right, let's all be shocked at how they treat their citizens. I know the solution, kill them all including the citizens.

Some of you guys have twisted yet hilarious logic. Clearly you guys care about the ordinary Iranians if you care so much that they're being treated so horribly, so I can't see why you guys would want the country to be nuked off the map.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6143|Carnoustie, Scotland
He won't steal again though.

EDIT: Did I really click Debate And Serious Talk?

I must be bored.

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2008-06-14 05:10:59)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6692|Disaster Free Zone

bf2gammer wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

bf2gammer wrote:

wtf are you talking about. i said that the punishment for stealing a loaf of bread is just wrong. where did you get nukes involved?
My apologies, was meant to quote the post above you.

Turquoise wrote:

Has been fixed
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

"Kid's arm gets crushed. Free world horrified. General consensus: kill everyone."

Um...

[edit]heneous?! That isn't even close to heinous.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-06-14 07:18:54)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6660

belldawg wrote:

But that was monstrous.

ATG wrote:

Ya know...this is the kind of shit that makes me wish we'd just go ahead and turn the Middle East into glass.
Because clearly a broken arm which will be fixed in 6 weeks is so much worse than not having an arm at all. Seriously, where the hell do you people get these ideas from?
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker

ghettoperson wrote:

belldawg wrote:

But that was monstrous.

ATG wrote:

Because clearly a broken arm which will be fixed in 6 weeks is so much worse than not having an arm at all. Seriously, where the hell do you people get these ideas from?
Your not horrified?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6140|North Tonawanda, NY

belldawg wrote:

Your not horrified?
Horrified?  Yes.
Horrified to the point of saying "Nuke 'em all"?  No.

This was a terrible thing to do and those 'men' should pay for their crime, though I doubt they will.  However, saying that they should all be exterminated for being so uncivilized is quite uncivilized in its own right.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
Nuking em all is my feeling. I know that there is no way i would/could actually do it.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6140|North Tonawanda, NY

belldawg wrote:

Nuking em all is my feeling. I know that there is no way i would/could actually do it.
It's the thought that counts.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6209
I need proof that this videa is real..  i smell propaganda!! 

Beside this.. It's their country, their religion, their business..

Now if they bring that kind of justice here on our land.. that's another thing

Oh yeah i forget.. Islam want to invade the world and impose the Shariah Law.

Kill'em all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard