ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
Ya know...this is the kind of shit that makes me wish we'd just go ahead and turn the Middle East into glass.

We all know terrible things happen in military operations. Old men, women and children die. Happens in Gaza, happens in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But what kind of a fucking animal holds a child's arm under the wheel of a car?

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
But what kind of a fucking animal holds a child's arm under the wheel of a car?

the animal driving the car?
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6193|Schofield Barracks
poor kid.
they do that for stealing bread?
that is one messed up place.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6828|Grapevine, TX
I weep for him and the oppressed.

Freedom is priceless.

There is no price to high to pay for the freedom of man.

Even if you dont like it.

Paying the price, that is.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL
Good ol' middle east...

its 2008, not 1008, but they can't tell the difference, can they?

Part of me wants to commit even more to the freedom of these people, but part of me wants to leave the ungrateful idiots to kill each other, and not our troops, who are better men than they could ever be...
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6828|Grapevine, TX
Dont get hungry in Iran...unbelievable!

Appropriate song, too.
ATG
Banned

S.Lythberg wrote:

Good ol' middle east...

Part of me wants to commit even more to the freedom of these people, but part of me wants to leave the ungrateful idiots to kill each other, and not our troops, who are better men than they could ever be...
I don't think it's fair to comment on their long term potential.

The sewer mentality they live in now, their general cantankerousness, their ridiculous over-reactionary traits and the shitty way they treat their own people and the rest of the world now. That's fair game.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL

ATG wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Good ol' middle east...

The sewer mentality they live in now, their general cantankerousness, their ridiculous over-reactionary traits and the shitty way they treat their own people and the rest of the world now. That's fair game.
these people fight for the cause of racism, sexism, xenophobia, and ignorance.

the community leaders in the middle east have arranged their political structures and laws to ensure the continued ignorance of their people (especially women), and the men of the nation, who have the means to stop it, are content to let the cycle of oppression continue, as they are not the ones that have to suffer.
13rin
+977|6478
It turns the stomach.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ATG
Banned

S.Lythberg wrote:

ATG wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Good ol' middle east...

these people fight for the cause of racism, sexism, xenophobia, and ignorance.

the community leaders in the middle east have arranged their political structures and laws to ensure the continued ignorance of their people (especially women), and the men of the nation, who have the means to stop it, are content to let the cycle of oppression continue, as they are not the ones that have to suffer.
Can't argue with that.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
Don't blame the religion, blame the politics.
ATG
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

And the difference is...???
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL

ATG wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

And the difference is...???
in the middle east?  not very much...
logitech487
+16|6402|From The State Of Taxes
In Iran religious leaders make the laws
Flaming_Maniac

logitech487 wrote:

Religious leaders are not the same thing as religion.

Seriously people, do you blame Christianity for the crusades, or the religious leaders that advocate them? Christianity seems like a pretty nice religion these days, and the Bible certainly hasn't changed.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

logitech487 wrote:

Seriously people, do you blame Christianity for the crusades, or the religious leaders that advocate them? Christianity seems like a pretty nice religion these days, and the Bible certainly hasn't changed.
I do not blame the prophet Muhammad for the actions of the Ayatollah, I blame the Ayatollah for the actions of the Ayatollah.  it is the religious fervor of the people, however, that legitimizes the Ayatollah's power in the nation
Flaming_Maniac

S.Lythberg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

logitech487 wrote:

I do not blame the prophet Muhammad for the actions of the Ayatollah, I blame the Ayatollah for the actions of the Ayatollah.  it is the religious fervor of the people, however, that legitimizes the Ayatollah's power in the nation
religious fervor my ass

S.Lythberg wrote:

You said it yourself.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

religious fervor my ass

S.Lythberg wrote:

You said it yourself.
but if islam was removed from the equation (or christianity, or hinduism, or daoism, or .....) the situation might improve, the threat of eternal damnation makes people do crazy things
Flaming_Maniac

S.Lythberg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

religious fervor my ass

S.Lythberg wrote:

You said it yourself.
but if islam was removed from the equation (or christianity, or hinduism, or daoism, or .....) the situation might improve, the threat of eternal damnation makes people do crazy things
Massive, massive might. Look at the plights of people in this country that have had very little to do with religion. Blacks, women, etc.

It's a social situation that has conveniently stemmed from a religion.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL
or has the religion stemmed from the social situation?

poorer, oppressed people often look to a higher power for salvation, seeing as their governments are hopelessly flawed.
Flaming_Maniac

S.Lythberg wrote:

poorer, oppressed people often look to a higher power for salvation, seeing as their governments are hopelessly flawed.
A quick look at a history book says no.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6517|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

islam was derived thru political action.  edit: i think

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2008-06-13 20:42:12)

Flaming_Maniac

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

islam was derived thru political action.  edit: i think
A long, long time ago, when the religion served as a bastion of stability in the region.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

A quick look at a history book says no.
the middle east was a center of academia and progressive thinking during the dark ages, even after the advent of Islam, the unrest in the region is (relatively) more recent.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6630|New Hampshire, USA
Well you know he is never going to steal anything ever again

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I obviously do not agree with the punishment though
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard