**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6163|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Don't forget shoes.

Mbe I'm just stupid, but you;re supposed to wear runners on a treadmill, just cuz there's no rocks under your feet doesn't mean you can wing it.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

ddenholm67 wrote:

ThaReaper wrote:

I'm not fag at all. I'm actually underweight. That's why I want to run. I have a small slab of fat on my stomach that I want gone and I want my abs to show. I also want to build my leg muscles.
If you want your build your leg muscles, then run outside. More strain on them as a treadmill wont put nearly enough strain on them as what running outside will.
watch those joints though.  if you get joint pain, make sure you have the right shoes!  or switch to something like swimming.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5941|United States

madmurre wrote:

Running is like dope but better once you get that "runners high" your caught nothing can stop you from running
What is this "runners high"? I 've been runnung for a couple of months, several times a week, 3 miles...and I usually feel grumpy as shit afterwards..I even have anger attacks   How long do you have to run for this to take effect?
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6648
I just got done. I was going to run two miles, but ended up only doing one. It was pretty tough, since I never run or do anything. I got like a pain in the lower left part of my stomach, it felt almost like a cramp, but not sure. Anyways, next time I'm doing two miles for sure.
wensleydale8
+81|6777|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
I don't like treadmills I just do weights training to the point of failure then I don another set still good exercise plus you increase your strength.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

ThaReaper wrote:

I just got done. I was going to run two miles, but ended up only doing one. It was pretty tough, since I never run or do anything. I got like a pain in the lower left part of my stomach, it felt almost like a cramp, but not sure. Anyways, next time I'm doing two miles for sure.
cramp.  take it easy.  don't be set on two miles if you can't do it.  from 1 mile, i would progress to 1.25, then 1.50, then 1.75, and so on.  to get rid of that cramp make sure you get enough water and keep your hands behind your head while taking big breaths.  while standing still of course, not running.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
aimless
+166|6133|Texas
Good posture/form while walking/running is important.

As for the the pain in your lower stomach area, you need to alter your breathing. Take deep breaths into your stomach instead of into your chest.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6679|UK

argo4 wrote:

madmurre wrote:

Running is like dope but better once you get that "runners high" your caught nothing can stop you from running
What is this "runners high"? I 've been runnung for a couple of months, several times a week, 3 miles...and I usually feel grumpy as shit afterwards..I even have anger attacks   How long do you have to run for this to take effect?
Your body will start to feel the pain from continued running.  As a countery measure it releases endorphins (feel good chemicals) as painkillers to help combat this pain.  You get a 'high' when this happens, you'll know when you get one.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-06-11 16:00:10)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6679|UK

wensleydale8 wrote:

I don't like treadmills I just do weights training to the point of failure then I don another set still good exercise plus you increase your strength.
Ever heard the term stimulate don't annihilate? You'll be setting yourself up for long term muscle problems if you continue training to muscle failure.

And you need to do cardio, it's the stripping away of the body fat that will show the definition of your muscles, rather being a bulky meathead!

Last edited by m3thod (2008-06-11 15:59:26)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6123|Tampa, Florida
You do realize running on a road etc. is much better than a treadmill, treadmills are easier to run on because they actually assist your legs moving back, just an FYI.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard