Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
Well, I'll say this. It's definitely got that good ol' BF2 ring to it. Pretty much everything is the same, it's just all been upgraded majorly. I didn't think that a Battlefield game on the consoles could be actually good, but man was I wrong. The singleplayer was, albeit frustrating at first, pretty enjoyable and very promising. However...the multiplayer? Quite possibly one of the best MP games I've played in a while...up there with CoD4 (if not better) and a little less than TF2. Incredibly fun, dynamic, fairly balanced, excellent vehicles, actually WORKING AA guns, and all out enjoyable gameplay. There was actually...a moderate amount of teamwork as well! Quite surprising. Oasis is an map, and I can't wait to see the other maps that are added in.

In total:

A very promising game and I can't wait for the full release.

Your thoughts?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Physics are a bit disappointing, no damage from bullets, and explosions only destroy what you hit directly, nothing around them.

Joystick sensitivity is way too high.

Not very impressed, but I'll update as I keep playing.

Last edited by Miggle (2008-06-02 19:04:36)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6529|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Is there a demo coming to XBL?
pirate7474
Oh noes!
+11|5997|USA
If you didn't hear about it, the demo was out from may 29 for the people who pre-ordered it.  It's released for the other people on XBL and PSN on June 4th or 5th.  Cant remember which.

EDIT:  It's the 5th.

Last edited by pirate7474 (2008-06-02 19:15:23)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5963|London, England

You've never played the modern combat games? God I loved them, I don't know why so many disapproved though, for the time they had a large multiplayer and an awesome stats system, never got boring tbh
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK

pirate7474 wrote:

If you didn't hear about it, the demo was out from may 29 for the people who pre-ordered it.  It's released for the other people on XBL and PSN on June 4th or 5th.  Cant remember which.

Sweet. Whens the actual game out?
K3rt6699
+70|6367
23rd, US
26th EUR

As far as I know
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

Vilham wrote:

pirate7474 wrote:

June 27th I think..

It's awesome to hear that even the demo is good, because the actual game will always be an improvement on the demo.!

Are there ranks on the MP part of the demo?
#rekt
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Mint Sauce wrote:

Vilham wrote:

pirate7474 wrote:

June 27th I think..

It's awesome to hear that even the demo is good, because the actual game will always be an improvement on the demo.!

Yes, 4 ranks, IIRC. I'm already up to private with like 220 points with like 45 mins played. The machine gun on the tank in this game is a lot more effective than it is in BF2. I got like 7 kills and 12 defense assist points with it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Mint Sauce wrote:

Vilham wrote:

pirate7474 wrote:

June 27th I think..

23rd in the states.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

Miggle wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Vilham wrote:

June 27th I think..

23rd in the states.
No as in Private - PFC - Lance Corporal - Corporal.
#rekt
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6479|Purdue
Haven't played it that much, but from what I've played I love it. Not that good at it yet though . I tried playing the single player, just checking it out and I failed. Love the online, but I seem to always get stuck on sucky teams. I've only won like 2 times out of about 10. Still trying to figure out the kits and everything, but sniping is imo.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

Atlast tree's are defeatable !!!!!!!!1
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

On another note.  Are we getting a Bad Company section to the forms?
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland
Lame, I pre-ordered but didnt get anything to do with the demo
kptk92
u
+972|6406|tc_london

Bell wrote:

On another note.  Are we getting a Bad Company section to the forms?
mebe in trackr.net Bell
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX

bennisboy wrote:

ditto, I pre-ordered from Fry's, Not GameStop, my own dumbass fault
kptk92
u
+972|6406|tc_london

bennisboy wrote:

bennis, you are from the UK, yes?

Well then, the BF:BC site clearly says at the moment that EU retailers are to be added to the list of American sites that are giving away codes for the demo early.

Its only 2 days away, surely you can wait that long?
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

kptk92 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

bennis, you are from the UK, yes?

Well then, the BF:BC site clearly says at the moment that EU retailers are to be added to the list of American sites that are giving away codes for the demo early.

Its only 2 days away, surely you can wait that long?
My thoughts exactly.
#rekt
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6301|The | Netherlands
omg you make me jealous I can't wait
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

SamTheMan:D wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Miggle wrote:

23rd in the states.
No as in Private - PFC - Lance Corporal - Corporal.
lolwut ?
Quoted Miggle instead of Poseidon.
#rekt
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6379|Bromley, London

The Gold Rush game play looks cool.

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
The more I play this game, the more I grow to love it. Some servers blow, but others I completely rack up the points. 13/13 KDR with 184 points in my best round just now. The APC's in this game are badass.

Two things that do bug me: Choppers. In the beginning, they're very difficult to handle. And another: Ladders. They're a bitch to climb, and the controls to do so are weird.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5972|England

It has been confirmed that jets will not be available in multiplayer
Parachutes and the ability of the character to go prone have also been confirmed as not being in the game.

wat !
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland

SamTheMan:D wrote:

It has been confirmed that jets will not be available in multiplayer
Parachutes and the ability of the character to go prone have also been confirmed as not being in the game.

wat !
Eh? Damn stupid if you ask me. Maybe to stop prone spamming?

Dont get the jets n parachutes tho!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard