Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

You say god created us beforehand knowing every action we would make. But if god gave us control of our souls than that is not true. Given your beliefs it's understandable the concept of soul would elude you.

I personally don't think the idea of a creator demands that a plan is in place as Stingray suggested.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Kmarion wrote:

You say god created us beforehand knowing every action we would make. But if god gave us control of our souls than that is not true. Given your beliefs it's understandable the concept of soul would elude you.

I personally don't think the idea of a creator demands that a plan is in place as Stingray suggested.
You'll have to explain that soul part.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lol.. it's the basis of all Christian beliefs. Wikipedia can help.. to start explaining the reasoning of soul now would take us extremely off topic.

If you want to debate cosmic evolution I'm all for it. Let's start another thread though.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lol.. it's the basis of all Christian beliefs. Wikipedia can help.. to start explaining the reasoning of soul now would take us extremely off topic.

If you want to debate cosmic evolution I'm all for it. Let's start another thread though.
do it

Here's where I stand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
There are some real fucking nutjobs in America when it comes to religion...and seemingly in some very influential positions too.
Thats the scary part, they are every bit a loony and dangerous as the Ayatollahs.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Erm, no.
Ratzinger
+43|6393|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
IMO they're ALL loony and dangerous....(see sig)
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Think they're loony if you like, but thinking all religious folks are dangerous is also loony.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

There are some real fucking nutjobs in America when it comes to religion...and seemingly in some very influential positions too.
Thats the scary part, they are every bit a loony and dangerous as the Ayatollahs.
Haven't seen many evangelicals strapping bombs to themselves or kids with Down Syndrome and sending them into Arab restaurants.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Haven't seen many evangelicals strapping bombs to themselves or kids with Down Syndrome and sending them into Arab restaurants.
No, the religious nutjobs don't need to - they have the whole US military and the IDF killing arabs very efficiently for them.
A JDAM dropped on an apartment building, or unexploded cluster munitions spread across farm land, are a whole lot more effective than a kid with a bomb belt.

I'll bet the US has killed more Arabs than vice versa.
If you include the evangelicals footsoldiers - the Israelis, its several orders of magnitude greater.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-05-29 01:10:22)

FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

No, the religious nutjobs don't need to - they have the whole US military and the IDF killing arabs very efficiently for them.
A JDAM dropped on an apartment building, or unexploded cluster munitions spread across farm land, are a whole lot more effective than a kid with a bomb belt.

I'll bet the US has killed more Arabs than vice versa.
If you include the evangelicals footsoldiers - the Israelis, its several orders of magnitude greater.
Oh right. Of course.

Once again you confuse correlation with causation.

There is a marked difference between intentionally killing civilians and unintentionally killing them. No matter how you try to spin it, that will always be the truth.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There is a marked difference between intentionally killing civilians and unintentionally killing them. No matter how you try to spin it, that will always be the truth.
How so? Dead is dead.
The question was about religious extremists on the Western side not needing to indulge in individual attacks - they have armies, they don't need to.
They did form terrorist gangs, Stern, Irgun etc in the past. Then when they got their army they became legitimate.

US nutjobs don't need to either, they just give lots of money to the Republicans and lo Iraq gets invaded and the Israelis get a ton of weapons
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

How so? Dead is dead.
The question was about religious extremists on the Western side not needing to indulge in individual attacks - they have armies, they don't need to.
They did form terrorist gangs, Stern, Irgun etc in the past. Then when they got their army they became legitimate.

US nutjobs don't need to either, they just give lots of money to the Republicans and lo Iraq gets invaded and the Israelis get a ton of weapons
So you're saying there are evangelicals in America and rabbis in Israel that are motivating and calling for armies (as opposed to individuals) to attack civilians?
― Albert Einstein

ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5829
Yes, actually, there are.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So you're saying there are evangelicals in America and rabbis in Israel that are motivating and calling for armies (as opposed to individuals) to attack civilians?
I'm saying these people are closely involved in determining foreign policy with the intention the jews achieve their prophesied 'Israel'.
The inevitable consequence is civilians are killed, you can't expel millions of people from their land without blood being spilt, the evangelicals and rabbis don't give a toss.
Read the OP - Hagee is quite comfortable with 6m jews getting vapourised if it achieves his objective of Armegeddon, 2nd coming, who knows, do you think he's bothered about a few Palestinians getting wiped out? Thats what is happening and will continue.

Religious looneytunes have grossly excessive political clout all over the world, christians, jews, moslems (not sure about the buddhists).
The whole world is being screwed over for meaningless bullshit less convincing than the 'Lord of the Rings' (which I like BTW, maybe I should start the Orc world domination party - you're with us or you're with the dwarves).

Think about it - 300m Americans dancing to the orders of 7m Israelis, and provoking ME terrorism, for the sake of a few scribblings.
3,000 dead New Yorkers, 4,000 dead soldiers, constant threat of terrorism - Are you having fun yet?
The oil aspect hasn't exactly worked out well either do you think?
It makes no sense to me.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

Ryan wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Hitler talks about how much he hated Jews, yet the Nazi's were Christian. Which is a Jewish religion (same for Islam). These Jew haters are hilarious. They don't even realise the only reason their religion exists is because of the Jews.
So basically all religions stemmed from one religion, so we shouldn't be hating other religions, because then we are hating our own?
wut
No, I'm saying that Christianity and Islam only exist because of Judaism. They're not called the Abrahamic religions for no reason. So it's funny when you see Christians and Muslims bashing Jews, because the idiots don't realise that they wouldn't even be Christian/Muslim if it wasn't for the Jews in the first place.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Judea Christian - Kingdom of Judah.

Although I will say 3000 years is plenty of time to develop differences. Look far enough back and we all have commons.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ratzinger
+43|6393|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Stingray24 wrote:

Think they're loony if you like, but thinking all religious folks are dangerous is also loony.
I repeat myself, but....

They're dangerous because they're irrelevant and distract from reality. They're dangerous because they retard progress in the name of ignorance.

NO EXCEPTIONS.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371
The only thing Nazi Germany did good was "medical science".
liquix
+51|6455|Peoples Republic of Portland

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Hitler talks about how much he hated Jews, yet the Nazi's were Christian. Which is a Jewish religion (same for Islam). These Jew haters are hilarious. They don't even realise the only reason their religion exists is because of the Jews.
Sigh, if everybody would just keep their religions to themselves and nobody else we wouldn't have this problem. If nobody knew what you were, how could they hate you for it?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

If I remember rightly, wasnt Hitlers Grandma a jew?

People who talk like this should be deported, imprisoned, or hung.
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Yes, actually, there are.
Do the armies respond to them and then actually attack the civilians?

Didn't think so.
― Albert Einstein

FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm saying these people are closely involved in determining foreign policy with the intention the jews achieve their prophesied 'Israel'.
The inevitable consequence is civilians are killed, you can't expel millions of people from their land without blood being spilt, the evangelicals and rabbis don't give a toss.
Read the OP - Hagee is quite comfortable with 6m jews getting vapourised if it achieves his objective of Armegeddon, 2nd coming, who knows, do you think he's bothered about a few Palestinians getting wiped out? Thats what is happening and will continue.

Religious looneytunes have grossly excessive political clout all over the world, christians, jews, moslems (not sure about the buddhists).
The whole world is being screwed over for meaningless bullshit less convincing than the 'Lord of the Rings' (which I like BTW, maybe I should start the Orc world domination party - you're with us or you're with the dwarves).

Think about it - 300m Americans dancing to the orders of 7m Israelis, and provoking ME terrorism, for the sake of a few scribblings.
3,000 dead New Yorkers, 4,000 dead soldiers, constant threat of terrorism - Are you having fun yet?
The oil aspect hasn't exactly worked out well either do you think?
It makes no sense to me.
If you've got a beef with the existence of Israel and the consequences of its creation, take it up with the world body that created the country: the UN.

These "loonies" are not involved in determining foreign policy (at least not in the US). The population of the US doesn't "dance to the orders of" the Israeli population, and the policies regarding the ME aren't about "a few scribblings".
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The UN legitimised Israel essentially after the event, subject to the indigenous populations rights not being infringed.
the policies regarding the ME aren't about "a few scribblings".
Then what are they about exactly?
Why does the US send U$6bn a year to an 'ally' which is nothing of the sort?

Politicians in the US owe much of their position and power to the religious loonies, read the OP.
If not why would McCain (and other candidates on either side) give these nutballs the time of day?
Why is McCain's Hagee relevant? Why is what Obama's Pastor has to say of possible interest? Why does John Howard go crawling to the 'Brethren'?
US politics is not far different from Iranian politics in that whackos who believe in imaginary beings have far too much influence.
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

The UN legitimised Israel essentially after the event, subject to the indigenous populations rights not being infringed.
the policies regarding the ME aren't about "a few scribblings".
Then what are they about exactly?
Why does the US send U$6bn a year to an 'ally' which is nothing of the sort?
Certainly not about Biblical scripture. That's just lazy on your part.

The only stable democracy in the region, maybe. Counter to other major players in the area (Iran, Syria) maybe. Those are all more plausible than it being about scripture.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Politicians in the US owe much of their position and power to the religious loonies, read the OP.
If not why would McCain (and other candidates on either side) give these nutballs the time of day?
They influence large blocks of voters, that's why. It has nothing to do with whether they believe the same things as these idiots...it has everything to do with whether they can use these idiots' influence to get votes.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why is McCain's Hagee relevant?
Hagee isn't McCain's pastor. He's a pastor with a large congregation who endorsed McCain.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why is what Obama's Pastor has to say of possible interest?
Because he preaches hate and racism (not that Hagee doesn't)...and Obama sat in the man's congregation for 20-odd years while he did it.

Dilbert_X wrote:

US politics is not far different from Iranian politics in that whackos who believe in imaginary beings have far too much influence.
If that's what you want to believe, nobody will be able to change your mind. Kind of like those whackos in Iran...
― Albert Einstein

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard