TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

Uzique wrote:

baggs wrote:

I concluded that Far Cry 2 sucked for me, i enjoyed playing it, felt i was having a good time until i got about an hour in and boredom struck. I can't quite figure out why tho, never felt motivated to load it up. Managed to blag the return of the game to HMV and they let me walk off with Fallout 3, which i haven't yet opened and which i might blag at another HMV store and take CoD:WaW.
The same happened to me, I hit about 50% progress and just abruptly stopped playing...

Never felt the urge to start it up again, especially with CoD5/WotLK/L4D on my shelf being far more enticing.
Yep, but it's a "shelf game".  Something you can pickup later and go "Let's see what this is all about again..." or "This looks interesting"
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6209
im around 1.5% in and it bores me already! infact matey still has malaria!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Just finished it.

very disappointed with the anti-climax ending

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I took the diamonds to the camp guard at the end, maybe there was more action with the dynamite?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6475|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Gooooooodddaaaaammmiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!1!

Had to re-install the game. So I keep them saves. Install game again. Run patch. Put saves in folder. Start game click on saved game. No go.
Well atleast I was only at 5% or sumtin and I know how to do what. But still... No fun.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

I played this rather obsessively till the mission where I had to destroy the malaria cure medicine facility (and was given no option to take any for my self). I've been so pissed at the writers for this game I can't even finish a single mission whenever I get on.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Just finished it.

I took the diamonds to the camp guard at the end, maybe there was more action with the dynamite?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQSWD3IVcWI

I just realized, does everyone know when in the beginning you are rescued by the UFLL Lt.?  I started a new Story and was rescued by the APR LT, and did the entire beginning section near the cock-fights and Slaughterhouse.  The lines are nearly identical, but it's a different guy.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6437
Bump to say Ubisoft have released some free missions. They're supposed to add three hours of gameplay. http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=58094
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Bump to say Ubisoft have released some free missions. They're supposed to add three hours of gameplay. http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=58094
I needed a reason to pleh this game again.

Unfortunately I need to beat FO3 and RA3 first before I go again.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
Thanks.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
so can I play the new missions in an older game, or do I have to start a new one?
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

TopHat01 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Just finished it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQSWD3IVcWI

I just realized, does everyone know when in the beginning you are rescued by the UFLL Lt.?  I started a new Story and was rescued by the APR LT, and did the entire beginning section near the cock-fights and Slaughterhouse.  The lines are nearly identical, but it's a different guy.
I started at slaughterhouse first and the other place second time, maybe it has to do with what you do at the start...like who you kill?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I finished this. About a month after I bought the damn thing I finally had a PC to play it on. It was decent although I didn't find it incredibly captivating, at least not in the early stages. Once I got used to navigating I found it a lot easier to emerse myself in the experience. It's a great free-roaming environment I must admit and pretty too, hat I found though was that with the amount of freedom you have it's very noticable when that freedom dissapears. For example you can only complete missions one of two ways and what pissed me off frequently was my character's inability to climb up certain gentle slopes. I mean if I wasn't to be able to climb a mountain I should be bloody able too right, particularly when it's not all that steep. With missions too, I mean it gives yo the option t accept or not accept the main missions but really it makes no diference in the long run. You know with that "destroy the kilns" mission in which you sabotaged a possible Maleria cure at first I just though "Okay fuck this, I won't work for the UFLL any more," but eventually I had to go crawling back as the game wouldn't progress without me accepting the mission. I expected Vorhees, (relation to Jason? Maybe. This Vorhees is easier to kill though,) to accept that I wasn't taking the mission and give me somthing else to do but ever time I checked back on him he was there with his file telling me to destroy the kilns in a heavy south african accent.

Another annoying factor - the bloody weapons. A great selection to chose from but jezus, they deteriorate faster than a politician's integrity. While I understand how Ubisoft wanted to show off their weapon deterioration, constantly loping back to a weapons store just to get a replacement was annoying. Weapons stores should have been to change your loadout, not a must-stop-when-near-one-because-I've-fired-five-rounds-through-this-pistol-and-it's-beginning-to-look-a-bit-worse-for-wear.

The constantly re-spawning enemies at checkpoints didn't bother me too much, a few times it was noticable but I simply changed the way I played so that I managed to avoid these most of the time. It was really pleasant to just drive along and soak in the fantastic visuals and that being broken up by an enemy car which attacked you for no reason was annoying; it seems that the only road rule in this non-descript African nation is to shoot them before they shoot you. This constantly being attacked thing could have been solved fairly simply; if you're in a civillian car and not driving like a retard, (bashing into things, hitting people etc.) they should leave you the fuck alone but when in a car with a gun on top, yeah sure, THEN they should tear you a new asshole. I man whatever, maybe they didn't want to play the game this way, I know I would have enjoyed it more.

In saying that though I enjoyed Far Cry 2, I mean I was't brilliant but I loved the environment, I loved what freedom you had. The story itself was passable although I didn't like the way my character seemed like such a suggestible douchebag. Spoiler (highlight to read):
I also don't like the way certain things just happen with no explanation, namely the whole buddy issue. I mean hell, I left a whole bunch of them to fight at Mike's Bar while I helped the underground, yet close to the endgame here's my old best buddy Michelle and look, she's brought some of the others who I thought had been killed. The explination to exactly what had happened was lacking, I even went back to the first provence after the Mike's Bar incident to try to find any sign of them to no avail, yet they just bloody appear. Also, who's the whole deal with the buddy mutiny in th first place? Apparently it was over something I said but my character didn't speak ever so I don't know where their paranoia comes from.

So yeah I enjoyed the game but it wasn't brilliant and it could have been.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5752|شمال
I didn't finish it yet. So boring... the same over and over again?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
I can't download the fucking bonus missions, every host has a corrupted version!  (Can anyone suggest a site they got a completed D/L from?)

I want to see what they do for the next Far Cry, apparently they're keeping the same setting, but I just hope that you're not a mute through the whole game, and that the weapon sounds aren't laggy.  If you fire one round out of a G3/AK it sounds like 2, hated that part.  The stupidest part of the whole game is that when walking around and looking down, you can't see your feet, but if you hop in a vehicle or are laying down or healing yourself they suddenly appear.  wtf?

Otherwise, the game was good, but so much more could have been done.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Beduin wrote:

Although I'd agree that driving places and being assaulted by numerous people at checkpoints was a tad repeditive and really the only break from that were the few times the actual story came into play, I have to say that the missions themselves were varied and interesting, especially when compared to other games. Take Mass Effect for example; evey side-mission was the same fucking thing. Far Cry 2 had an array of different missions and I was impressed. Further points are earned by the fact that there are different ways to do the missions, (although each enemy having super-senses doesn't help you if you want to try going the stealthy route.)
It's kind of sad; if during development someone said "waitaminute, it's dull having to rive back to the same places over and over again, is there a way we can work around that to reduce the monotony?" INstead someone clearly just thought "whoopee, more playtime to boast about!"

Like I said; good but not great and had the potential to be so much better.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6475|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Ty wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Although I'd agree that driving places and being assaulted by numerous people at checkpoints was a tad repeditive and really the only break from that were the few times the actual story came into play, I have to say that the missions themselves were varied and interesting, especially when compared to other games. Take Mass Effect for example; evey side-mission was the same fucking thing. Far Cry 2 had an array of different missions and I was impressed. Further points are earned by the fact that there are different ways to do the missions, (although each enemy having super-senses doesn't help you if you want to try going the stealthy route.)
It's kind of sad; if during development someone said "waitaminute, it's dull having to rive back to the same places over and over again, is there a way we can work around that to reduce the monotony?" INstead someone clearly just thought "whoopee, more playtime to boast about!"

Like I said; good but not great and had the potential to be so much better.
Hmm. I'm somewhere at 30% and I'm enjoying the game. Gotta agree fully with Ty, the variation with the mission solving is quite nice. I especially like to go to missions that are in the open like the trainyard. It's fun to snipe from the higher ground and blow shit up set Africa on fire I usually pack the grenade launcher, dragunov and the PKM.

One thing I find stupid. I'd take the AK or some other assault rifle instead of the PKM. But the game is so dumb that you can take massive heavy big huge guns and run like a rabbit but can't change the heaviest shit to a lighter rifle. A weight limit would be more realistic. This is just plain stupid in an otherwise relatively realistic bangbang game. Why can't I be a supersoldier and pack the sniper, some explosive and a silenced thingie for close encounters? Why? I wanna!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

I'd like to see dual sidearms, would improve the effectiveness of the Star .45 at least.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

No. One set of shells flying in front of your face is enough.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
I use AS50, Carl G and Uzi. almost too easy to play...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

Usually the Uzi or Mac 10, AR16 and either RPG or M79. I've yet to use the flamethrower funnily enough.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6329|Australia
Uzi, MGL-40, M249
20 grenades, 600 rounds.

M249 for range (probably the only game in which the M249 is as accurate the assault rifles), Uzi for when you get caught reloading the M249 (also effective at range) and the GL for vehicles (which, unlike the RPG, has 4x more ammo and doesn't misfire after five shots and kill you).
Christbane
+51|6237
the mounted grenade launching jeep is the most fun of all.  take it to the edge of the no fire zone and have some fun.  it makes clearing check points stupid easy with the unlimited ammo.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
I just did that mission where you climb the roof and shoot the guy through the window. What the hell, there was like unlimited enemies! I thought it was one of those missions that you can't win and just die. But no, I shot until I ran outta ammo then legged it to a jeep and drove off.

Must have killed 100+ people
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
The best possible combo is

M79 (for killing vehicles)

FAL (For just general pwning fags)

Dart Gun (for -ing)

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-12-12 16:12:19)

GR34
+215|6547|ALBERTA> CANADA
I dont use a gun simply because it is easier to butcher my opponents with a machete then to shoot a whole magazine from an FN FAL into there chest only to have then Still return fire /lame

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard