Commie Killer
+192|6389

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

So is this game any good
i heard some bad reviews
Get it.

Also bad reviews from where?
Here probably. Its great in many ways, but also increadibly annoying and meh in a lot of them too. Still worth the buy though.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

Commie Killer wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

So is this game any good
i heard some bad reviews
Get it.

Here probably. Its great in many ways, but also increadibly annoying and meh in a lot of them too. Still worth the buy though.
Yeah, my only two complaints are enemies respawn to quick and not enough fast travel points. While they're pretty big the game is pretty much prefect otherwise.
Commie Killer
+192|6389

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Get it.

Here probably. Its great in many ways, but also incredibly annoying and meh in a lot of them too. Still worth the buy though.
Yeah, my only two complaints are enemies respawn to quick and not enough fast travel points. While they're pretty big the game is pretty much prefect otherwise.
Id like to add the weapons feel a little weird and you need to replace them, or at least weapons you use, often, like after every mission or they will start jamming.

Its a fun game, Id be playing it now, but Im slightly pissed that I just lost a hour and a half worth of progress because I forgot to save and the game crashed.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Haha I solved my problem. It was a known bug where you couldn't rescue a buddy from the cockfight arena, so I went to an earlier save and saved a buddy from the slaughterhouse instead. If I hadn't of saved earlier, all the progress would have been lost, so make sure you save frequently.

Is there any point to scouting guard posts, other than the possibility of diamonds? (i never played fc1 so might have missed that memo) lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Is there any point to scouting guard posts, other than the possibility of diamonds? (i never played fc1 so might have missed that memo) lol
I never found a reason. The GPS thing will flash whether you scout it or not

Also, you will not run out of money. Just buy buy buy. I ended up just buying things for the hell of it after I got my MGL-140, Dart rifle and deagle (even the camo suit just cause).

I actually changed to SVD + dart rifle + silenced pistol later on. Nothing compares to sniper rifles in this game.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Yeah I've been enjoying the svd and flame thrower lol.

But you take medicine or ammo and it says 30 \ 50 guard posts scouted so I'm not sure what happens when you scout them all, or if there is even a point to.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

Yeh, well I never bothered. Maybe it finally stops them spawning guys?

Flame thrower is quite enjoyable. It was my most used weapon for the first half of the game.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I'm stuck. I'm supposed to free a captive from this camp, but the door won't open. I've killed all the guards, restarted the game, left the area, come back, etc.

The door icon never appears.

The map shows the guy trapped in the house. But I get can't in.

Any ideas?
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Is it in the Cock-Fighting Arena?  PC or XB360/PS3?

Last edited by TopHat01 (2008-11-09 01:43:37)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

TopHat01 wrote:

It was, and on pc.

I think I'm passed it though, as I took a different mission from an earlier save, and saved a different buddy. If I have to go back there though, I might have the same problem.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

It was, and on pc.

I think I'm passed it though, as I took a different mission from an earlier save, and saved a different buddy. If I have to go back there though, I might have the same problem.
Fuck me, I didn't read your above post.

Glad you got it straightened out though.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6196|Schofield Barracks
what kind of animals are in the game ive seen zebras antelope and buffaloes i think my friend said there were elephants.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6470

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

what kind of animals are in the game ive seen zebras antelope and buffaloes i think my friend said there were elephants.
No elephants.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

No elephants.
damn i wanted to take one out with the AS50. I wish there were lions that would try to attack you.
Microwave
_
+515|6657|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I've stopped playing it now because I cannot accept any mission, some kinda bug.

In Pala when I go in one of the main groups' building the door where you get the mission is closed, and also if I go to accept one of the missions on the radio masts I don't get a use icon to open the box thing to accept.

So annoying.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
WTF mortar just fires yellow smoke and not explosions gay
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

jord wrote:

when i first used it i was like wtf is this i thought it was like chemical gas that would kill them.
-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6494|Oklahoma City

jord wrote:

Hit reload. (I think)
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
yeah its reload thanks
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5980|Blue Mountain State

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

http://news.filefront.com/far-cry-2-may … als-added/
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6470

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

No elephants.
damn i wanted to take one out with the AS50. I wish there were lions that would try to attack you.
Is the AS50 any useful in SP? It seems like it's just a more expensive SVD with more recoil and a smaller clip.

SVD kills in one hit anyway (well mostly one hit).
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

The scope view distance is further...

Um, that's about it I guess.

You can check the gun manual to see the statistical differences, but there isn't much imo.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
I still need to go find a golden AK-47...I used the Silent MP5 throughout the majority of the game, w/ a Star .45 as a sidearm (and then Deagle when it was available), and a RPG-7 as the "Special Weapon".  Although, I finished the final mission with an AR-16, mainly because I was stocked poorly and was too lazy to hit up an armory.  It's possible...AR-16 just jams a lot, and since it has a Camo skin, it's almost impossible to tell when it's rusty/old.

The whole "Attack at night with silenced weapon and camo suit" is bullshit, even with the suit, silented MP5, etc. the minute I took a guy out every AI in the post knew exactly where I was.  TBH, the most effective way to clear a post is to grab a truck with an M429 mount and drive right in, take then all out, scout, repair (if needed) and leave.  You don't use a single round, either.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2008-11-23 23:20:22)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

No elephants.
Is the AS50 any useful in SP? It seems like it's just a more expensive SVD with more recoil and a smaller clip.

SVD kills in one hit anyway (well mostly one hit).
I've used the AS50 to take out a vehicle convoy before. A clip or so will take out a jeep.
baggs
+732|6206
I concluded that Far Cry 2 sucked for me, i enjoyed playing it, felt i was having a good time until i got about an hour in and boredom struck. I can't quite figure out why tho, never felt motivated to load it up. Managed to blag the return of the game to HMV and they let me walk off with Fallout 3, which i haven't yet opened and which i might blag at another HMV store and take CoD:WaW.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

baggs wrote:

I concluded that Far Cry 2 sucked for me, i enjoyed playing it, felt i was having a good time until i got about an hour in and boredom struck. I can't quite figure out why tho, never felt motivated to load it up. Managed to blag the return of the game to HMV and they let me walk off with Fallout 3, which i haven't yet opened and which i might blag at another HMV store and take CoD:WaW.
The same happened to me, I hit about 50% progress and just abruptly stopped playing...

Never felt the urge to start it up again, especially with CoD5/WotLK/L4D on my shelf being far more enticing.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard