howler_27
+90|6689
https://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4184/tfreeky8ij9.png

Thank you to all of our military members for your sacrifices.  You will not be forgotten, and will always be honored for your commitment to duty.  THANKS!
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

https://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0507/mdayImage1.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
https://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/njwhyte-funeral-services-06302006-004.jpg

words cannot express our gratitude...
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

https://sansalvador.usembassy.gov/irc/news/2007/5/memorialday.jpg

My sisters wedding is tomorrow and I'll be in my Dress Blues ---- it will the first time my wife has ever seen me in my Blues
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
No offence but but constantly forcing this type of claptrap does the opposite. Please respect the fact that most of us are aware of what's going on and don't need it forced upon us like we're some sort of ungrateful cretins. I don't like being patronised.

*breathes*

I needed to say that.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
It's not just the Iraq war, it's every war we've ever fought, millions of Americans have died to give me and you (yeah you england) our freedom.  Don't take it lightly...
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6554|Scotland

S.Lythberg wrote:

It's not just the Iraq war, it's every war we've ever fought, millions of Americans have died to give me and you (yeah you england) our freedom.  Don't take it lightly...
No one is. Specially not Mek...

Everyone on these forums seems to be pretty smart-ish... So I'm sure they appreciate what the day is all about.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

No offence but but constantly forcing this type of claptrap does the opposite. Please respect the fact that most of us are aware of what's going on and don't need it forced upon us like we're some sort of ungrateful cretins.
If I understand you, I don't think you are fully aware of the purpose of Memorial Day.  It is not about forcing anything upon you (well, except a day off work).
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6554|Scotland

OrangeHound wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

No offence but but constantly forcing this type of claptrap does the opposite. Please respect the fact that most of us are aware of what's going on and don't need it forced upon us like we're some sort of ungrateful cretins.
If I understand you, I don't think you are fully aware of the purpose of Memorial Day.  It is not about forcing anything upon you (well, except a day off work).
I think he means people on the forums forcing it on him.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY
https://www.senortoenails.com/KoreanWarMemorial.jpg
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

White-Fusion wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I interpreted the language of his post (cretins, patronized) to imply that he thinks Memorial Day is about propaganda or forcing some agenda.  There is no agenda of "patronizing of cretins", as if there is a political argument being promoted.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6134

OrangeHound wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

I interpreted the language of his post (cretins, patronized) to imply that he thinks Memorial Day is about propaganda or forcing some agenda.  There is no agenda of "patronizing of cretins", as if there is a political argument being promoted.
that's how I understood it.

But stop arguing in this thread, it's too petty to belong here.

https://maochan.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/memorial-day.jpg
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

Yeah, because Iraq is putting 70% of their army into invading USA.

America's war policy is something I truly dislike.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Yeah, because Iraq is putting 70% of their army into invading USA.

America's war policy is something I truly dislike.

NateWiese wrote:

But stop arguing in this thread, it's too petty to belong here.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

OrangeHound wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

I'm pretty sure he meant it the way I feel about it; that the more 'patriotic' of the forum members enjoy using every opportunity (or lack thereof) to remind us that 'freedom isn't free'. And that gets annoying. A simple reminder that it will be Memorial Day soon would suffice. It's also worth noting that it isn't celebrated outside the US.
02fxnmaurer
+75|6484|Birmingham UK
tribute to american soldiers ...
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

ghettoperson wrote:

I'm pretty sure he meant it the way I feel about it; that the more 'patriotic' of the forum members enjoy using every opportunity (or lack thereof) to remind us that 'freedom isn't free'. And that gets annoying. A simple reminder that it will be Memorial Day soon would suffice. It's also worth noting that it isn't celebrated outside the US.
Did anyone rain on the ANZAC day thread, which was only 4 weeks ago?

No.  So why can't you keep it to yourself here?
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6199|Winland

SenorToenails wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

There's a reason for that. I doubt any less than 90% of americans are aware of, and celebrating this day, and I doubt any less than 90% of the population of most other countries in the world are aware of US going to war. And the rest of the world, in general, doesn't like the way some americans are overly patriotic about that fact, wheter it's a special occasion or not. The ANZAC day, however, is by far not as widely known as the fact that US goes to war, and aussies don't have that "redneck" patriot style that some (the loudest) americans have.

I'm just saying that whenever there is any topic regarding US warfare/soldiers/solidarity, there will be flames.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6363|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
Just stop arguing.  If you want to argue, go make another thread, because this is not the one to argue in.

My brother's friend is a marine, I'll be paying my respects this weekend
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Freezer7Pro wrote:

There's a reason for that. I doubt any less than 90% of americans are aware of, and celebrating this day, and I doubt any less than 90% of the population of most other countries in the world are aware of US going to war. And the rest of the world, in general, doesn't like the way some americans are overly patriotic about that fact, wheter it's a special occasion or not. The ANZAC day, however, is by far not as widely known as the fact that US goes to war, and aussies don't have that "redneck" patriot style that some (the loudest) americans have.
OK.  I see that it is fine for the rest of the world to celebrate the sacrifices of their soldiers, but the US can't because you don't like the administration.  Besides, the extent of the rest of the world being aware of the US 'going to war' is completely inconsequential to the purpose of Memorial Day.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I'm just saying that whenever there is any topic regarding US warfare/soldiers/solidarity, there will be flames.
Only because people like you stoke them.

Edit:

ceslayer23 wrote:

Just stop arguing.  If you want to argue, go make another thread, because this is not the one to argue in.

OK.  Sorry man.

Last edited by SenorToenails (2008-05-23 12:23:21)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6199|Winland

SenorToenails wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

OK.  I see that it is fine for the rest of the world to celebrate the sacrifices of their soldiers, but the US can't because you don't like the administration.  Besides, the extent of the rest of the world being aware of the US 'going to war' is completely inconsequential to the purpose of Memorial Day.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Only because people like you stoke them.

Edit:

ceslayer23 wrote:

OK.  Sorry man.
Easy, easy. I'm just trying to reason here. I'm not saying that the US shouldn't be allowed to celebrate their dead, I'm saying that many people are hostile towards it because of all the controvercy around US warfare, and many people thinking that US has them selves to blame. Posting a topic like this is bound to get some negative replies because of that.
i g
Banned
+876|5866|GA

rip marine and gs
Benzin
+576|6000
Freezer, in response to your post and this thread in general: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 4#p2099874

Let's take this to D&ST and leave this thread alone and let our American members post as they wish, OK?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

https://i29.tinypic.com/2n0og1d.jpg

Ty for your sacrifices.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

SenorToenails wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Because we get these kinds of threads from the Yanks all the time, so when it comes about a day when you should be remembering it's 'just another memorial thread'. And Memorial day is still 3 days away (26th IIRC?).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard