MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6195|Schofield Barracks
I went to a school dance last Friday. Two 6th graders were caught drinking beer in the bath room. Why in the hell do 6th graders need to be drinking beer at a dance? it is nonsense. Its not that i don't know how they got it my basement and fridge are full of beer but how could you sneak that in without anyone noticing?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.
At my school, being intoxicated is supposed to void your ticket to school dances, however, nobody seems to care to enforce the rules, since everyone has accepted that over half the people there having been drinking anyway, however, you may be searched at the entrance, and you better not have anything on you.

However, I'm not quite in 6th grade, my school is, I think on a US scale, 11th to 14th grade (16 y.o. to 20 y.o.), after which you go to university.

If a good band is playing and you get in the right mood, you don't need alcohol to have fun anyway.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
6th grade is usually when you are 11-12 years old, and at the end of high school (12th grade), one is usually 17-18 years old and thus, still 3 years under the legal drinking age.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Sydney wrote:

At my school, being intoxicated is supposed to void your ticket to school dances, however, nobody seems to care to enforce the rules, since everyone has accepted that over half the people there having been drinking anyway, however, you may be searched at the entrance, and you better not have anything on you.

However, I'm not quite in 6th grade, my school is, I think on a US scale, 11th to 14th grade (16 y.o. to 20 y.o.), after which you go to university.

If a good band is playing and you get in the right mood, you don't need alcohol to have fun anyway.
My school is 6-8 (im in 8) and all these faggot little kids think there "gangsters". its complete bullshit. if they spent a  day down in Providence (the hood) theyd never try to be gangster again.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

faggot little kids
A thus we discover the problem with America.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

Sydney wrote:

holy crap! 20 years old and still in school.  wierd.

at my school, after I graduated, they started using the Breathalyzer at the door on every kid at the door. WTF right?  Might as well get high, or drop some ex or acid, maybe pop some opiates....
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6631|Mexifornia, USA
Some kids brought vodka in water bottles when I was in junior high. They drank so much they passed out with the bottles half full in their hands on the playground. Dumbasses..
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Sydney wrote:

My school is 6-8 (im in 8) and all these faggot little kids think there "gangsters". its complete bullshit. if they spent a  day down in Providence (the hood) theyd never try to be gangster again.
i didn't know rhode island had 'hoods'
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

nukchebi0 wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

faggot little kids
A thus we discover the problem with America.
Well there alot of now faggy kids in American to. but i do agree that it is a problem. you go to school to learn so stfu dont talk back to teachers and learn.
@HurricaИe: yea downtown there are some pretty poor and messed up places.

Last edited by MAGUIRE93 (2008-05-19 16:56:03)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Sydney wrote:

holy crap! 20 years old and still in school.  wierd.

at my school, after I graduated, they started using the Breathalyzer at the door on every kid at the door. WTF right?  Might as well get high, or drop some ex or acid, maybe pop some opiates....
They do that at our school...

...everyone knows about it...

...someone still got caught...

Just, fail.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-05-19 16:59:02)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
We always keep my dog's food bowl full. We don't feed him at any particular time, it's just always out if he feels like eating. Does he overeat? No, because he knows it's always there, so there is no reason to eat unless he feels like it. If only let him eat at certain times however, he would eat whatever we put in front of him, even if it was way more than he wanted.

Leave the animals alone. What they're doing is stupid, but who cares? They're animals.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

We always keep my dog's food bowl full. We don't feed him at any particular time, it's just always out if he feels like eating. Does he overeat? No, because he knows it's always there, so there is no reason to eat unless he feels like it. If only let him eat at certain times however, he would eat whatever we put in front of him, even if it was way more than he wanted.

Leave the animals alone. What they're doing is stupid, but who cares? They're animals.
wat
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6193|14072

HurricaИe wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

wat
Yeah really, wat
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

HurricaИe wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

wat
i said the same thing
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

HurricaИe wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

wat
Second'd wat
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
He is saying don't regulate drinking, I believe.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Are you actually saying the opposite to your usual stance on drugs and alcohol? (I think?).
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC

nukchebi0 wrote:

Just make it 18 with a 'responsible guardians' clause (e.g. you can drink under 18 under the watch of a responsible parent. They do that in some parts in Canada and I'm certian they do it in the UK).

On an off-topic note: I just saw some guy trying to get his car out of a parking spot bump into the car behind him, lulz.

edit: Not to generalize but I think another reason for regulating drinking is that, well, young teens are generally not that intelligent in terms of maturity. Would you honestly want a drunk 15 year old behind the wheel of a car?

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-05-19 17:10:25)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

HurricaИe wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Just make it 18 with a 'responsible guardians' clause (e.g. you can drink under 18 under the watch of a responsible parent. They do that in some parts in Canada and I'm certian they do it in the UK).

On an off-topic note: I just saw some guy trying to get his car out of a parking spot bump into the car behind him, lulz.

edit: Not to generalize but I think another reason for regulating drinking is that, well, young teens are generally not that intelligent in terms of maturity. Would you honestly want a drunk 15 year old behind the wheel of a car?
I'd rather have a drunk 15 year old that wasn't allowed to drive tbh.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I do the same and my dog is overweight, so what works for one person doesnt work for all.
Flaming_Maniac

ghettoperson wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Are you actually saying the opposite to your usual stance on drugs and alcohol? (I think?).
Very nice, close.

I am against drugs and alcohol, never have done them never will.

However generally speaking I am for their complete legalization except so far that it pertains to everyone else. (drunk driving, high people making asses of themselves, etc.)

Social Darwinism.

r2zoo wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I do the same and my dog is overweight, so what works for one person doesnt work for all.
Has he been like that from birth? If you don't start immediately it doesn't work, but everything we've read (mostly my parents) has said if done right it is the best method, and we haven't had any problems with it.

Of course if your dog doesn't get any exercise it doesn't work.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
What I'll never get is how at 18 we can go into another country, shoot Arabs and blow shit up, yet we can't gamble or drink at 18.

If they US feels you're responsible enough to shoot a weapon and kill enemies of the state at 18, why can't you drink or gamble at 18?

Fucking ridiculous.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Poseidon wrote:

What I'll never get is how at 18 we can go into another country, shoot Arabs and blow shit up, yet we can't gamble or drink at 18.

If they US feels you're responsible enough to shoot a weapon and kill enemies of the state at 18, why can't you drink or gamble at 18?

Fucking ridiculous.
i agree. If someone is willing to put there life in the line for his or her country they should be able to drink.
Flaming_Maniac

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Fucking ridiculous.
i agree. If someone is willing to put there life in the line for his or her country they should be able to drink.
because they should be able to put their own life on the line to be cool as well
dan673
+46|5984
You guys are over analyzing this wayyyyyy (enough y's?) too much. It's 6th graders drinking. This is what I love about common sense, because it says this:

1. Ok, 6th grade kids are drinking. Why did they do it?

-Common sense tells me they were curious of what alcohol tasted like, and they choose the dance as the time to experiment, OR, they have tried it before, and realized how it makes the feel, and wanted to look cool in front of all their friends.

/

Also, I've never drank, smoke, or tried any type of drug. I never have, and never will.

Last edited by dan673 (2008-05-19 17:40:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard