SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6161|New Jersey
Overclocking gives you freedom... now they're taking that freedom away, saying you must run their CPU exactly as intended.  I don't like that.  I'd rather buy a Phenom just to spite Intel.
The#1Spot
+105|6562|byah

ghettoperson wrote:

Fuck LGA1160 then. How many times more expensive is LGA1366 going to be? Why can't they just keep it all to one socket, and make cheaper un-OCable chips?

Thinking about it though, that'd make sense with two sockets. That way, they can force mobo manufacturers to make mobos for LGA1160 that have a fixed FSB.

Nessie09 wrote:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-No-Overclocking-for-Mainstream-Nehalems-84019.shtml wrote:

While Intel is stripping down overclocking features, AMD is working to enhance the potential of its processors, and rumor has it that the upcoming Deneb processors will be extremely friendly to the users who plan to squeeze extra performance.
So maybe this is not the end for AMD yet...
If they start making some decent chips that OC well, Intel can get fucked.
You can only do so much with 775socket untill it does not become cost effective to work on thus using more pins. With that said I am interested in what amd has to offer.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6671

The#1Spot wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Fuck LGA1160 then. How many times more expensive is LGA1366 going to be? Why can't they just keep it all to one socket, and make cheaper un-OCable chips?

Thinking about it though, that'd make sense with two sockets. That way, they can force mobo manufacturers to make mobos for LGA1160 that have a fixed FSB.

Nessie09 wrote:

So maybe this is not the end for AMD yet...
If they start making some decent chips that OC well, Intel can get fucked.
You can only do so much with 775socket untill it does not become cost effective to work on thus using more pins. With that said I am interested in what amd has to offer.
I don't mind a new socket; what I do object to is creating two different new sockets solely for the purpose of extracting more money out of people that want to overclock.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6346|New Haven, CT

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I love overclocking. The current C2D/C2Q generation is the best bang for buck OC one that probably will ever be. Overclocking is sooo fun and gives a lot performance for zero cost when you know what you are doing. like 70% OC of my E2180.
Wow, and you are wondering why they are doing this?

No OC'ing + weak competition = more people buying more expensive CPUs = more money for Intel.

Think.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6175|what

nukchebi0 wrote:

No OC'ing + weak competition = more people buying more expensive CPUs = more money for Intel.
Exactly right. And Intel will not have to worry about having replace the CPU you had a warranty with after you've overclocked it without knowing what you were doing.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6346|New Haven, CT
Basically, Intel is capitalizing on weak competition to improve their bottom line.

Yay, lets screw AMD.
motherdear
+25|6673|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
i had a lot of respect for Intel, this totally destroyed it, they still make good equipment but i lost my trust in them.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6436|Finland

nukchebi0 wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I love overclocking. The current C2D/C2Q generation is the best bang for buck OC one that probably will ever be. Overclocking is sooo fun and gives a lot performance for zero cost when you know what you are doing. like 70% OC of my E2180.
Wow, and you are wondering why they are doing this?

Think.
now did I wonder anywhere why they are doing it huh?

All I said was it sucks hard.
Intel clearly makes use of its superior situation on the CPU market. AMD needs to get back on its feet.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2008-05-13 02:11:40)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6515|N. Ireland
Being loyal to CPU companies is....stupid.
Brasso
+1,549|6652

kylef wrote:

well, when one of them is just plain better than the other, that's who i'm loyal to.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6654|Finland

haffeysucks wrote:

kylef wrote:

well, when one of them is just plain better than the other
The main difference perhaps not being in performance, but the ability to be faster from prototype to store shelf. AMD has quality stuff, but no supply.

In my personal opinion.
I need around tree fiddy.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6671

DonFck wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

kylef wrote:

well, when one of them is just plain better than the other
The main difference perhaps not being in performance, but the ability to be faster from prototype to store shelf. AMD has quality stuff, but no supply.

In my personal opinion.
But compared to C2D/C2Q they suck balls. Hence I'm forced to buy Intel until AMD get their act together.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6515|N. Ireland
I was more trying to say 'swing where the market takes you'. I love AMD, I prefer them vastly to Intel...but I have a Core 2 Duo running on my main PC. Why? Because for the same price if I had of bought an AMD processor it wouldn't have been as good.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6475|The Twilight Zone
I always go with the flow. First it was Celeron when AMD was nobody, then i had three AMDs and now Intel again. I wish IBM would make desktop processors.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6436|Finland

.Sup wrote:

I always go with the flow. First it was Celeron when AMD was nobody, then i had three AMDs and now Intel again. I wish IBM would make desktop processors.
I had AMDs when they were nobody. I still have working K5-2 and K6-2 CPUs at home. My brother had Pentium. Then I got the Intel P2, AMD Duron, Intel celeron wilamette(P4), AMD Athlon 64 3500+, E6320, E6750, G6600 G0 and finally E2180.

I have been swinging back and forth between AMD and Intel last years. I really want AMD to do well so I might get one of their CPUs again.

Because Intel starts to cut down CPU features like OC and stuff and AMD is making overclocking easier, I keep looking at the upcoming AMD Hydra 8-core CPU (Q2 2009). If Nehalems that have OC capabilities are rip off and Hydra is good, I will get the AMD.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
mikkel
+383|6623

.Sup wrote:

Why? IBM is the most OEM, most cumbersome and most archaic computing company in existence. They'd compete in a segment wholly uninteresting for the performance enthusiast. Even as a business, they're undesirable to work with.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6515|N. Ireland
Get what is best for your price...it's that simple.
.Sup
be nice

mikkel wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Why? IBM is the most OEM, most cumbersome and most archaic computing company in existence. They'd compete in a segment wholly uninteresting for the performance enthusiast. Even as a business, they're undesirable to work with.
Without IBM we would still be in tech stone age.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6485|cuntshitlake

kylef wrote:

Ummm, that is not the point. I got E2180 for 65€, and now it just about outperforms a stock E6600. Overclocking really does wonders...
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6515|N. Ireland

DeathUnlimited wrote:

kylef wrote:

Ummm, that is not the point. I got E2180 for 65€, and now it just about outperforms a stock E6600. Overclocking really does wonders...
Was referring to companies, sorry if I didn't make that clear.
mikkel
+383|6623

.Sup wrote:

mikkel wrote:

.Sup wrote:

You can't be serious. People, ideas and concepts, not companies, are brilliant. If IBM hadn't been there, another company would have been.

By the same token, you could say that without Ibn Al-Haytham, the Internet would be all copper. Even if that was true, you wouldn't go to Iraq for your fibre optics.
.Sup
be nice

DeathUnlimited wrote:

kylef wrote:

What he said =what you said. Get best for your money=E2180.
.Sup
be nice

mikkel wrote:

.Sup wrote:

mikkel wrote:

You can't be serious. People, ideas and concepts, not companies, are brilliant. If IBM hadn't been there, another company would have been.

By the same token, you could say that without Ibn Al-Haytham, the Internet would be all copper. Even if that was true, you wouldn't go to Iraq for your fibre optics.
Dude who invented HDD?
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6436|Finland

.Sup wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

kylef wrote:

QFT. Damn this CPU will be remembered as the "best bang for buck for overclocker ever" now that the cheap future nehalems will be OC non-friendly...
.Sup
be nice

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

.Sup wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

QFT. Damn this CPU will be remembered as the "best bang for buck for overclocker ever" now that the cheap future nehalems will be OC non-friendly...
I'm gonna UPgrade to E2180 soon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard