ea_suck_a_turtle
+3|6612|VA
Beta patch is out now.

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches … 50Beta.exe

Last edited by ea_suck_a_turtle (2008-05-07 11:01:58)

Mystline
Banned
+38|6119|United States

ea_suck_a_turtle wrote:

Beta patch is out now.
nice name
ea_suck_a_turtle
+3|6612|VA
Blame it on BF2 installation and Patching routine when I bought the game.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
cool

Downloading
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6407|Somersetshire
downloading now, does anyone know what they have changed exactly?
martinez
+5|5979|Worcester, MA
two new map and a i/o inly wversion that you can turn on or off and podsurfing is a little bit back
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5930|Somewhere out in Space
I wouldnt install it yet if i were you.  There are about 5 populated new map servers, all infested with egotistical admins who think you're shit and they're fucking god.  If you score more than 10 points over them or your KD is above 3 you turn into the ultimate trolling machine for these kids, so if you are skilled i highly recommend watching the immaturity run rampant, for the lulz.  Shingles loading map is wrong, and in wake there is no shield for the hangar of the EU titan whereas the PAC has the whole thing shielded with no way to remove it, all PAC does is spawnkill because of that.  It needs a neutral shield, one that doesnt kill anyone but blocks all projectiles.  And as for map design, shingle is just a poorly made conglomerate of EVERY fucking building from EVERY fucking map, but the average idiot finds it a good design because there is an infinite amount of camping spots.  Did i mention the EU has TWO walkers, each better than 2 T-39's, the PAC has 1.  Wake is worse.  It is basically BF2 with A WHOLE LOT OF SNOW and a few buildings around the EU main.  EU is constantly outgunned in almost every aspect to start and its gunship are outnumbered 2 to 1, with no means of spawn protection.  Did i mention BOTH titans are STILL the laggy shitstains we are so used to.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6407|Somersetshire
i only have 2 servers lol, but the admins are fine with, i get 2k/d ratios

shingle is a good map but get rid of the walkers, jeeps and a tank or 2 for each side would make it perfect. the only real problem is that it has way to many camping spots, so many people find it fun to just camp, without proper squad work attacking side will always lose.

oh and i can't hear any of the "enemy spotted" and the like (anything that comes up in the same bit just gives a "shhhhh" sound
would have tried wake bit everytime I tried to join a server with it, after it loaded I would lose connetion

overall it has promise, buit they have so much to fix
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Played a few mins of the beta.  I think more people need to download this.  Its just not fun playing with so few people.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
Played Wake this afternoon and others had their unlocks but I did not.  Going to try again tonight.
wodstlk
+2|6378
i played a bit, not many servers yet.  don't quite understand the disadvantages given to one team or another, seems weird, but maybe it is more fun to be an underdog and win...  think i will pay a bit more tonight
m0v3m3nt
+15|6156
Been playing a fair bit of Wake over the past few days. It's quite decent, one of the better maps. Not so into Shingle though, it's sniper heaven.

I've been getting disconnected from the EA server pretty regularly since installing the patch, it's beginning to get on my tits.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6407|Somersetshire

m0v3m3nt wrote:

I've been getting disconnected from the EA server pretty regularly since installing the patch, it's beginning to get on my tits.
that was happening to me before I installed the new patch
m0v3m3nt
+15|6156

Tehremos wrote:

that was happening to me...
Any idea how to stop it from happening?
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6407|Somersetshire

m0v3m3nt wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

that was happening to me...
Any idea how to stop it from happening?
nope, it still does it to me, but not as often as it did
Laura
your girlfriend a freak like cirque du soleil
+149|5830|u fucking wot m8
Here's some info from PlanetBattlefield.com

--

The Battlefield 2142 1.50 beta patch was announced a couple weeks ago, but today we have some details about what it will include. To summarize here is what we will see:

# New Map - Wake Island 2142 by The Sir. Community
# Wake Island 2142 has some sort of conquest mode "twist"
# New map - Operation Shingle (aka Anzio) by Jason Brice
# Widescreen 16:9 and 16:10 support
# More movement in pods
# Public beta end of April (meaning sometime in the next 2 days)
# Final released beginning of May

Q. What new content will we see in Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50?

A. As well as a number of bug fixes and tweaks based on community feedback we are going to be releasing two new maps created by community members. Wake Island makes its return to Battlefield PC thanks to the guys at Sir. Community and a map which you may have heard of called Anzio will be appearing with a name change as Operation Shingle created by Jason Brice. We are also bringing a No Vehicles option to a number of 2142 maps for those players who want to fight it out on foot as well as allowing you to access 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions for those widescreen monitors. We also heard your cries for movement in pods to be re-introduced on transport ship escape pods so we have been working on giving that back to you while still limiting pod surfing use.

Q. How did you select the community maps to include in Update 1.50?

A. Both maps we decided to include in Update 1.50 were selected from a wide choice of maps that are out there in the community, it was felt they brought something new to Battlefield 2142 and although some of you will have seen them before in previous forms, they have now been updated and are new maps to Battlefield 2142. Both groups have worked closely with DICE Live and have gone through extensive testing to get the best balance and Battlefield experience from the maps. Wake Island 2142 also holds a little twist to the way Conquest game mode is usually played so watch out for that.

Q. When will Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50 be released?

A. Update 1.50 will be released for public beta towards the end of April and is there to get your feedback as well as run checks on server stability. All being well, we will release Update 1.50 at the beginning of May. Visit www.battlefield.com for more announcements regarding the beta and launch and leave your feedback on the forums.

--
https://i52.tinypic.com/98cz7p.png
m0v3m3nt
+15|6156

Tehremos wrote:

nope, it still does it to me, but not as often as it did
Maaaaybe, it has something to do with this:

EA wrote:

[Battlefield 2142] Statistics and account server stability and upgrades

Our stats system provider has been experiencing an unprecedented amount of load on the system that is being alleviated as we speak. In the past 24 hours they have:

-Quadrupled the load capacity
-Add several more server clusters to the server farm
-Improved back end efficiency of a number of processes
-Added several more load balancers to evenly distribute the services.

While we expect that these changes will largely restore connectivity and improve stability in a very short period, there may be periodic instability while we work to fully debug all of the work that has been done.  Network engineers are working around the clock on these improvements and to accommodate the new load on the system.

We appreciate your patience during this time, and assure you that the changes made this week will make for radically improved stability and scalability for your titles in the immediate future.

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie … ryid=23001
Hope that sorts it out.
m0v3m3nt
+15|6156
I was playing Wake just now and somehow, someone managed to destroy the docked Titan.

Think they might need to iron the kinks out.
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

that's so fucking gay that they make a patch for this shitty game but do nothing for bf2
Christbane
+51|6234

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

that's so fucking gay that they make a patch for this shitty game but do nothing for bf2
so go make a post about it in the BF2 forum. you can share hugs and cry with the other people that dont like 2142.
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

Christbane wrote:

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

so go make a post about it in the BF2 forum. you can share hugs and cry with the other people that dont like 2142.
maybe i will

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=101272

eat my shorts

Last edited by Eye-GiZzLe (2008-05-17 15:11:16)

venom6
Since day One.
+247|6558|Hungary
Sorry for posting crap but i decided to boycott 2142 until they really i mean really FIX BF2. So i refused to buy any other product so i mean 2142 and Northen Strike and Bad Company and so on. Please i <3 BF2
Stingray24
BF2 does not need fixed, but I got bored with it, so I play 2142.
i g
Banned
+876|5863|GA

Stingray24 wrote:

BF2 does not need fixed, but I got bored with it, so I play 2142.
*now pulls for kyle busch*
Stingray24
*Kyle Busch grenades motor*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard