Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5511|America
Or if you want the 5 year plan... mine, produce, make shit tons of isk, learn to pvp, win eve.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6723|Ireland | Monaghan

PureBeef wrote:

Cheers for the help Grim, ive been smashing out those skill books! Also got myself a Merlin from doing the tutorials - not bad! My plan is, finish the tutorials and decide whether i want PVP or mining and production...
Np buddy. The tutorial gives out a few free ships, it's always worth doing. The Merlin is a great frigate too!

PvP/Mining is ok to do, I told you mining is boring as fuck. But some people seem happy to do it, 2 guys in my alts corp run about 3 accounts and 4 accounts for mining, one will be in an Orca giving mining fleet bonuses and one will also be hauling all the ore/minerals, he has perfect skills though which has taken him months and months to train for, so he gets a shit tonne from mining; if he's not lying to me he said he was sitting on 121 billion isk. I'm just a PvP kind of person, so that's what I'd do, as I find the challenge more fun

I think you should rule out production for a while tbh, I haven't done it myself. But you do need quite good skills to make lots of isk at it, and the problem is; What can you do while training for the production skills, which could be weeks; maybe even months. You'll be stuck, unable to fly ships and unable to make isk to buy blueprints and materials.

A popular thing people do is, get a miner, then train some industrial skills for it, currently my miner can fly a Hulk/Orca/Freightor/(Hauls almost 1 mill m3 cargo space). And I'll be training it for production skills in time, hopefully for T2 rigs and the likes.

Think of other games you've played, and the things you enjoyed doing in them. Tbh, I haven't seen a person in EvE who doesn't like the PvP(unless he had a bad experience as a noob hehe). If you go for mining, be weary of canflippers! They will try greif you if you mine using a jetcan.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5486|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

idk, all of them?
Too many scenarios to give a widespread answer tbh
When you're manual piloting, what are you trying to achieve?  Is there some sort of math to it?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5511|America
I would only manual pilot if I'm in a 'ceptor zoom zoom tryin to get out of scram range. everything I don't even move half the time.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6743

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Jestar wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

I remmeber my first fleet in E-Uni there was like 50 people, and I was awe struck... Then I went and joined ted's corp and I'm in fleet with 200+ people easily. Gotta thank E-Uni for getting me prepared for it.
Just because you're in a fleet doesn't mean you're any good. You could take a level 4 mission runner and put him in a giant fleet and he'd be just as effective.
Give me an example of a level 4 mission fit you would take into a large fleet.
No you moron, I said you could take the player (not the fit) into a large fleet battle, and unless they were a significant person (dictors, leaders, logis etc, there would be no difference)
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Jestar wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Jestar wrote:

Just because you're in a fleet doesn't mean you're any good. You could take a level 4 mission runner and put him in a giant fleet and he'd be just as effective.
No you moron, I said you could take the player (not the fit) into a large fleet battle, and unless they were a significant person (dictors, leaders, logis etc, there would be no difference)
No need to get touchy kid!

So, what do you suggest then.. Put the mission runner on an account that has PvP skills to take part in a fleet battle? You do know you need more than mission running skills to do PvP >.<

He won't have sills to handle situations where he might end up alone... But hey, since he has mission running skills I bet he could run Sanctums..

Edit: On Another note, for the guys that have a clue how does this look?
[Cruor, Solo]

2x Medium Pulse Laser II (Imperial Navy Multifrequency S)
2x Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters

Damage Control II
Corpii C-Type Small Armor Repairer
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

2x Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I

Last edited by IrishGrimReaper (2010-08-27 05:41:26)

Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6625|Little Bentcock

HaiBai wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

idk, all of them?
When you're manual piloting, what are you trying to achieve?  Is there some sort of math to it?
Not really, the only time I ever really use manual flying is in fast ships, larger scale ships it might be a little nudge here and there to keep at a certain range, but there's not much to it. With smaller ships its more to keep within scram range while staying out of their web range. If you really want to get nitty gritty you can get into radians/per second but that's just for the really picky.
Jestar
+373|6743

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Jestar wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

So, what do you suggest then.. Put the mission runner on an account that has PvP skills to take part in a fleet battle? You do know you need more than mission running skills to do PvP >.<

He won't have sills to handle situations where he might end up alone... But hey, since he has mission running skills I bet he could run Sanctums..

[Cruor, Solo]

Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Damage Control II

Why get a faction frigate when a cruiser is far more effective?
Most ships that you'll be trying to take down will fit a web and/or scram, and with using multi's you'll get an opti range of about 3000m. You will probably get ripped apart easily, as you should be well and truly shut down. Anything bigger should be able to withstand your cap drain.

I still maintain the Rifter is by far the best frigate to fly for pvp because of it's ridiculously good bonuses, don't waste your money on anything else imo.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Jestar, can I ask.. What's your in game name of your main on Eve?
Jestar
+373|6743

I don't play anymore, but it was Raven Nightstalker.

I'll be getting back into the game in a 2 or 3 months once my exams are over.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Than you. I don't have time to reply to your other post atm, but I will in a few days.
HaiBai

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Not really, the only time I ever really use manual flying is in fast ships, larger scale ships it might be a little nudge here and there to keep at a certain range, but there's not much to it. With smaller ships its more to keep within scram range while staying out of their web range. If you really want to get nitty gritty you can get into radians/per second but that's just for the really picky.
Well that's exactly what I'm asking for.  For example, I read that you're supposed to keep your transversal as high as you can.  What other types of things like that am I supposed to do?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5511|America
Making sure you stay in range of the logistics is a good way to survive
HaiBai
I'm mostly talking about 1v1 here.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5511|America
Stay at optimal, use the right ammo. thats about all I can think of.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

HaiBai wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

idk, all of them?
mitigating incoming damage (keeping transversal up) drawing the bad into a bad line so you can wreck him, flying on the edge of point (kiting). generally only do it in very quick frigates and hacs.

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Jestar wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

[Cruor, Solo]

Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Damage Control II

Cruor is just bad. fly (and lose) a few sentinels (mse fit)

@jestar its more for the fun of flying expensive shit...if i was flying pvp to just flat out win every time guarenteed it'd take some of the fun out.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jestar
+373|6743

FatherTed wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

mitigating incoming damage (keeping transversal up) drawing the bad into a bad line so you can wreck him, flying on the edge of point (kiting). generally only do it in very quick frigates and hacs.

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Jestar wrote:

[Cruor, Solo]

Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Damage Control II

Cruor is just bad. fly (and lose) a few sentinels (mse fit)

@jestar its more for the fun of flying expensive shit...if i was flying pvp to just flat out win every time guarenteed it'd take some of the fun out.
There is nothing more fun than flying a rifter. NOTHING

Succubus is a decent faction frigate if I remember. Actually, all the sansha's stuff is awesome

Last edited by Jestar (2010-08-27 19:19:15)

IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Whall ted, since you in the land of greatness, you up for coming to my town(only 15mins away from you I think) on Friday or so? I can get you a place for the night, Dodge has his own flat soI'll ask him if we can all crash there! You'll just have to arrange a lift here and back home the next day if you want. I'll be home tommorow so let me know!xxxxxx

So what ya say ted, up for drinks on Friday with me and the Dodge?

p.s: a/s/l lol
baggs
+732|6207
a work colleague is trying to get me to start playing this.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85
it's p. fun, add me

but seriously make sure you do the buddy program to get the three week trial + get a free month for the person who signed you up, either your friend or someone here
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473

baggs wrote:

you'll never ever go back to WoW but then you'll consider EVE?

baggs mate you've got issues
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

baggs wrote:

It's well worth it baggs if you get into it.
PureBeef
+3|5084
Lost my merlin last night doing a PvP, escaped in a pod, now im stuck in a 0. sec station with nothing but an Ibis...
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

LOLOL!

You can just self destruct your pod and wake up in a new clone wherever your clone is located at. You probably don't have more than 900k SP anyway so the clone should be up to date, but just make sure ^^
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5511|America
Make a run for it. Even if you die it will be much more fun than self destructing. (especially if you make it out)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard