Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
achievement_unlock_all (or achievements, not sure) instantly gives you all achievements. It's not listed in the console so I didn't believe it was real, but it was. I hope that this gets fixed as lots of players are using it and I'd like to earn my achievements honestly

https://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/LucienL/notamused.jpg

EDIT: there is a way to fix it, achievement_reset *name* in the console, unfortunately I didn't know what the command was for only the medic achievements so I did achievements_reset_all and it reset all of them, even the defaults. I don't really mind, it's better than having them all unlocked through cheating

Last edited by Lucien (2008-04-30 02:51:19)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Eldu
+62|6107|Belgium
Well, that's lame, I'm defo not using it.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5999|Aberdeen, Scotland
Minor bug? Lol...

But everyone was praising valve for their QA abilities? Hmm...
weasel_thingo
+74|6327
i lol'd
someguy said it in game, and i was like
hmm valve are fucking retarded, but they arnt that dumb are they

and now i have all the unlocks, i lol'd
well what should i expect from the people who made TF2?

Last edited by weasel_thingo (2008-04-30 05:56:07)

Eldu
+62|6107|Belgium

weasel_thingo wrote:

i lol'd

U unlocked them, then u are lame.
weasel_thingo
+74|6327

Eldu wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

i lol'd

i was testing it (once again i gave valve more credit than what they diserve)

i might get rid of them i might not, i was already only a few achievments off so its not really a big deal

but anyways, valve were dumb enough to leave that in their terrible game, so meh i might keep them
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
I saw someone post that in game. I just assumed it was a joke.

No way in hell i'm typing that in.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6469

weasel_thingo wrote:

Eldu wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

i lol'd

i might get rid of them i might not, i was already only a few achievments off so its not really a big deal

but anyways, valve were dumb enough to leave that in their terrible game, so meh i might keep them
If the game sucks so much, why do you even bother to play it?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
weasel_thingo
+74|6327

NooBesT wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

Eldu wrote:

If the game sucks so much, why do you even bother to play it?
my clan
0.Andy.0
+2|5867
There is another console command that just unlocks the milestone achievements instead of them all, for unlocking weapons
kptk92
u
+972|6408|tc_london
lol I'd rather earn the achievements
Brasso
+1,549|6630

wow, i am NOT doing that
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Eldu
+62|6107|Belgium
Yeah, I played for 2 minutes and I already have 4 of them.
Edit: I earned them.

Last edited by Eldu (2008-04-30 08:33:55)

weasel_thingo
+74|6327

Eldu wrote:

they are easy to get, i had all but the 1 million heal points, i was on 900 000 i think, and the nemises one and a few more
none of them take any skill to get, they are all stuff that basically happens in game, or they are ones that require you to grind (if i wanted that i would play WoW)
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6156|Vancouver | Canada
I bet all of you did secretly use it.

..Way to let everyone know though.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina
Idiots.  They release the update the day GTA IV is out and it has a major bug?  Valve wants to sell the franchise to EA apparently.  Not really.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5999|Aberdeen, Scotland

DefCon-17 wrote:

I bet all of you did secretly use it.

..Way to let everyone know though.
A guy came in a server i was playing with the command as his name, told us all how to do it then left...what a sad act

Everyone will know how to do it soon enough, just a choice of whether to use it.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

weasel_thingo wrote:

Eldu wrote:

they are easy to get, i had all but the 1 million heal points, i was on 900 000 i think, and the nemises one and a few more
none of them take any skill to get, they are all stuff that basically happens in game, or they are ones that require you to grind (if i wanted that i would play WoW)
Name the achievements that require grinding.

NAME THEM
weasel_thingo
+74|6327

Lucien wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

Eldu wrote:

Name the achievements that require grinding.

NAME THEM
million heals?
isnt a huge grind, but it still doesnt require any skill to get (or varying your game play, its just the same thing over again)

if i could get rid of the achievments i got by doing this, i would do it
i cant really be stuffed doing the others again, even though they wont take long, i would just prefer to play around with the new content they added
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
So wait, there is one achievement that takes some time to get.

You earn this achievement by playing as a medic normally
The reward for this achievement is exclusively for medics

Yes, I realize now that I'm going to have to grind, instead of just playing the class I like as I normally would and be rewarded for it.
weasel_thingo
+74|6327

Lucien wrote:

So wait, there is one achievement that takes some time to get.

You earn this achievement by playing as a medic normally
The reward for this achievement is exclusively for medics

Yes, I realize now that I'm going to have to grind, instead of just playing the class I like as I normally would and be rewarded for it.
well to get the achievment you have to just play normally, they might aswell just give it to you, they are just wasting your time

also i often play as a combat medic (i still heal, but i dont follow people around just going for assists as that generally bores me, unless there is a good player, or atleast someone with a mic or a clan member/friend) so to get the heals hte fastest i would have to do a grind

i know what you are saying, but these arnt really challenges, you dont have to be a good player, or become a better player, it is just playing the game doing the same thing over and over again which is generally what a grind is
BF2 which did have grinding in it, atleast had stuff like 40 kills in a round or 18pistol kills in a round etc, a good player would get that often but atleast it was something to work for as a mediocre player, so atleast it was a challenge
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

weasel_thingo wrote:

well to get the achievment you have to just play normally, they might aswell just give it to you, they are just wasting your time

also i often play as a combat medic (i still heal, but i dont follow people around just going for assists as that generally bores me, unless there is a good player, or atleast someone with a mic or a clan member/friend) so to get the heals hte fastest i would have to do a grind
And now we've gone full circle back to the original point of these achievements: to give unlocks to players who genuinely use the kit a lot. average dudes A and B can get the first two unlocks easily, but to get the third and most powerful unlock you have to specialize yourself in that class.

It won't be any different when the other unlocks are released, those who specialize in the upgraded classes will get the full bonus, those who don't will still get most of it.
weasel_thingo
+74|6327

Lucien wrote:

And now we've gone full circle back to the original point of these achievements: to give unlocks to players who genuinely use the kit a lot. average dudes A and B can get the first two unlocks easily, but to get the third and most powerful unlock you have to specialize yourself in that class.

It won't be any different when the other unlocks are released, those who specialize in the upgraded classes will get the full bonus, those who don't will still get most of it.
i know...
i would get it anyway, i only need 100 000 more, and i do play the kit alot (3rd most played class, nearly 2nd by 2 hours and for the past 2 weeks it has been my most played class), going combat medic and dominating people is always amusing as it isnt easy like soldier/demoman and stupid fucks dont find it OP like scout/sniper/engineer/spy so people get realy pissed when you constantly kill them
also 1 million heal points doesnt require you to specialize in that class, i have 45 hours as medic and 900 000 heal points, and i spend alot of the time mucking around or going combat medic
so anyone would be able to get the unlocks, also atleast with other classes, they would probs require you to get alot of kills in one life, which generally does take more skill

if i wanted to i could get the million tomorow, but that would involve me being less amused when playing, constantly doing the same thing over and over and not really doing anything
which is grinding

Last edited by weasel_thingo (2008-04-30 10:39:53)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
I cba whoring medic demo nigra is the win!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

kptk92 wrote:

lol I'd rather earn the achievements

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard