Poll

Do you think Bf2142 is a good successor for BF1942 and Bf2?

yes26%26% - 23
no73%73% - 64
Total: 87
Flonster
Karma Ratio whore
+178|6564|-removed you know why- mod
i think its a little downgrade.

i dont want to flame Bf2142 but i miss the oldscool flavour from BF1942 (music in jeeps) and rhe realism from Bf2.

whats your opinion?
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6382
They made it idiot-proof. The flying vehicles are impossible to crash, the people move sluggish so it is easier to hit them and ...hover tanks? Ok...
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6756|Omaha, Nebraska
2142 is boring... It Seems so dumbed down.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6575|Hungary
Nope it sux and i wont buy it.I supported Ea/Dice and i bought everything (Bf2,Sf,Ef,Af) so what else could i do ?
And what do they gave us ? Long waiting for fixing 1.3 still remember that ? They let us play it the whole summer with Ctd's and crashes...etc
So thats why i refuse it..and NO they cant just make it good with a new map called Karkand 2 (joke)
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6665|I smell corners

splixx wrote:

yep indeed, I have 125 hours and it realy starts getting boring.
masterofflama
+19|6602|European Battlefield Command
i'm bored with it after ca 50 hours of play, so...
NO
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.
I bet over half the people who voted no have no ever touched the game.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6583|England

Never played it. I hate futuristic games. Also, considering it is basically a mod of BF2....then that a definite no from my perspective.
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6781|mansfield
2142's the best thing from sliced bread. its the dogs bollocks.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6582|Area 51
Its FOOKED UP!!! Seriously I can play on High textures, geometry and effects. Have medium lightning on with low shadows. Have high texture filtering and 100% view distance in BF2 and have absolutely no lagg on servers up to 32 players. In BF2142 I have lagg on the absolutely lowest of lowest settings possible and have a lag on SINGLEPLAYER!! Not even online..!! Fook this game..besides that the game is just dumb..soldiers move like shit. You need to buy all kinds of drugs to get your soldier faster than others..(isnt that a little bit unfair against low ranked people..?) Andddd..the accuracy is way wrong!! How can it be that when you shoot 50 rounds at a time that your accuracy increases instead of decreases? WTF!!?!?
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6585
I have the game and voted for "No". As already mentioned before the game is totally newbified/to easy and i'm pretty bored with it after 50 hours.
Dusk_X2
+6|6708|Kansas
Have it, played it, it's ok at first. But too many things I don't like about it. I blame EA of course. They hyped it as 30 some unique unlocks...well, ya, like grenades. and a med box that heals faster. and shock paddles (futuristic version) and an extra grenade, and squad upgrades that look cool but suck in action, like the drone that hovers over your head and gives away YOUR position to snipers on the other side of the map, an auto turrent that cant hit crap, and finally you get your upgrade weapon after all of that crap and surprise...sucks. like the guy above said...it gets more accurate as you fire. wow.  so after all the hype there are 8 weapons to upgrade. and a crap shotgun attachment for your assault rifle. and I even had the best buy pre order. that weapon was a lie too. ok, maybe not a lie, but i felt like the guy on ebay who bid on an xbox box. (not the console) ... you see, the 'special' weapon was just the SAME basic assault rifle, with graphics! oohhh aahhh. insulting is what it was.  the walkers are hella hard to manuver, i keep getting mine stuck, of course you still get the whole mad rush to grab one though. the aircraft suck. the tanks are the worst though. the hover tank is so bad. the main gun wont turn, you have to turn the whole tank, that gets old real quick. it doesn't have a machine gun for the driver either, just a crappy jumpy main cannon thats weak. i know if i liked the game better i would play it more and get a little better with the vehicles, but why? its not that fun. Oh, my favorite.... most servers got the rule "don't move the titans" (the big floating bases) or else they will kick, ban you. why...it lags the servers. good job on a sorry excuse for a follow up to bf2 you bums at ea.  I hope this post convinces some poor kid to spend his hard earned cash on a more worthy game.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

It's more a successor to BF:V, to which I say it's done a good job. It's just not on the same level as BF1942 and BF2. It's rushed, with no huge differences between BF2 and BF2142.

I still love playing BF2142, but it dosn't seem as... for want of a better word, epic as both BF1942 and BF2.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6608|Your attic

Ty wrote:

It's more a successor to BF:V, to which I say it's done a good job. It's just not on the same level as BF1942 and BF2. It's rushed, with no huge differences between BF2 and BF2142.

I still love playing BF2142, but it dosn't seem as... for want of a better word, epic as both BF1942 and BF2.
Nothing more to say really
ozzie_johnson
+98|6675|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
its good but buggy to buggy so no, and i thought bf2 had bugs.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6491|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
it doesnt have the feel of the previous battlefields, especially 1942 which i personally think is the best they ever made. The music on 2142 is aweful! i enjoyed 1942's music, BFV's music i liked alot too and bf2 was ok, but 2142 music sounds rushed and cheap, they should have kept the origional 1942 music TBH because it would have made it feel more battlefield like.

I could have bf2 settings on high- medium with good fps, 2142 i have it all on low!! just to play on the titan.
Futuristic warfare doesnt in my opinion suit the battlefield series.

Remake 1942 so it has awesome graphics and possibly ranked, and i would play it non stop!!
Disabl3d
+11|6422|Chicago

splixx wrote:

Disabl3d
+11|6422|Chicago

ELITE-UK wrote:

Remake 1942 so it has awesome graphics and possibly ranked, and i would play it non stop!!
I've said that to people so many times man. I wish they would have just remade 1942, I wouldn't even care if they used the bf2 engine again.

Edit: Then they would already have dozens of maps mapped out already and shit. Talking about this makes me wanna play 1942 again, and fly some spitfires.

Last edited by Disabl3d (2006-11-23 17:18:34)

topthrill05
+125|6595|Rochester NY USA
It's really hard to describe. I really like 2142 at times, but most of the time it just doesn't feel right.
rmilhous
+32|6545|Augusta, Georgia

Disabl3d wrote:

splixx wrote:

HERE HERE MEN!!! I fully agree. There is nothing to it, and the basic weapons suck. I will not play it enough due to its suck ass nature in order to get the unlocks.

They should have just kept giving us what the majority of us want, more add-on maps to BF2 w/ some possible new weapon unlocks. I mean WTF? They gave us a new instant classic map - JALALABAD- and then drop a pile of shit in our lap.

No Friggin' Way guys, I am going to keep playing BF2:SF and Vanilla; in spite of all the fucking 10 year olds i have to keep banning off of my server- who probably used their moms credit card to purchase some downloaded skills (Like the 2Crew DFP clan guy to mention, you know who you are dick! he he and so does EA apparently. Nice screenshots BTW punkbuster!).

Anyway, love hanging out with you fella's and it was great drinking a beer in the presence of such fine men. Cant wait so see each of you back on our special forces server!

:NBS:rmilhous

Last edited by rmilhous (2006-11-23 17:36:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard