1MaNArmY
+2|6800
Here is a fix for the infamous CTD bug compliments from tweakguides.

Known Issues: The 1.05 patch has introduced at least one known issue at the moment - a crash to desktop (CTD) at the end of Titan mode rounds. This appears to be due to some sort of conflict with the Titan mode fix included in the first patch. To resolve this issue, you must uninstall the game completely, manually delete all the game folders, including the main \Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142 and \Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Battlefield 2142 directories, then reinstall the game again and only install the 1.05 Patch - do not install the 1.01 Patch as well.

Enjoy. 

I am at work right now so I will implement this fix when I get home this evening.  Let me know if this resolves the CTD issue.

BF2142- STR8BaLLeR
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6630|UK
Actually. There's an easier way.

Newsticker:

If you experience crashes at end of the round in Titan mode with the new 1.05 Update, this seems to be related to a conflict with the latest drivers from NVIDIA and ATI. We are working to further identify the source of the problem.
We are aware of the CTD Issue are working to find a solution as quickly as possible.
We will be releasing a Hot Fix for the CTD issue on Titan Mode. We will announce more details on the Hot Fix release here and at http://www.battlefield.ea.com
Until the Hot Fix release please be aware that the CTD can be avoided by only playing 1 round per map in Titan mode.
So:
  • Simply play on servers that have one round per map.
  • Quit after one round.
  • Don't play Titan

---

I've also heard that 'esc' back to the main menu and then going back ingame has some positive effect...
Dex Luther
+32|6440|Canukastan
Man, People will say pretty much anything won't they. Why uninstall the game, when pressing 'ESC' works just fine.

Press 'ESC' to go to the menu before the titan explosion video starts, and everything will be fine.

I haven't had any problems though, so I haven't had the need to try it.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-11-22 15:08:09)

gearpig
+6|6764|SoCal
As soon as it kicks in the Titan destruction video, hit the Esc button and go to your HUD. You're still in the game, but since the video isn't being displayed you avoid the conflict and won't get crashed to the desktop. After a few seconds when the video is done runing, it took me right back into the game at the stats page without even hitting Esc again.
1MaNArmY
+2|6800
Well, well, well, EA finallly got around to opening their mouth about what happened with the 1.05 patch, and the ever so perfect 1.01 patch they had. Here's the update.

Hello, soldiers.

I know today has had its share of battles, so I'm hoping we can re-focus the thread now that I've identified the main issues you're reporting. This is what I've seen as the top five issues on the 1.05 feedback thread. I'm adding the information I know about the issues and I'll update this post if I learn anything new.

-------------------------

1. Crash to desktop at the end of the round in Titan maps. You should still earn credit for what you did in the round (thank you for the correction, MichaelBrobst2) although there may be a delay.

-If the Titan is moving when the shields go down and the rounds per map is set greater than one, then the client will crash at the end of the round. Until a fix is in place, server admins can prevent the issue by setting the rounds per map to one. (Medic 9017 kindly posted this workaround; it has also been verified by DICE). Soldiers can also choose to play Conquest maps to avoid running into the Titan crash if the rounds per map has not been changed to one.

2. EA Master Server disconnects and errors still occur.

-It's been verified that this is still a widespread issue. I'll update this when I have more information.

3. Crashing after login or choosing your soldier. 'Patching failed' errors.

-FerretPleb posted a possible cause for this issue (thank you exodusrage for sending it my way). If you have limited free space on your hard drive (particularly on the partition that houses Battlefield 2142), you may try freeing up some space. You should have about 1.35GB free space to install the patch.

4. When trying to join the server you are told that 'This Server Only Allows Unmodified Content' or similar messages.

-This may be due to an error whilst patching. Try a clean install/re-patch of the game to see if it helps. The manual uninstall directions are here: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea. cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14051

5. Graphic corruption on the Titan. Everything is black or dark.

-This may be related to the in-game video options causing conflicts on some machines. One of the support guys here had the issue and adjusted the options for Dynamic Shadows and Lighting, Anti-Aliasing, and Texture Filtering to resolve the issue. Drop those options and then adjust them up one by one until you find out which one causes the issue. Let me know if that helps.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6523|Austin, Texas
I got this issue earlier today, and yesterday.

This afternoon/evening I have no trouble playing titan mode. No CTD's. Not sure what changed, if anything.
JovesApples
+4|6456|USA
if you have a core duo, try to set the affinty and run the game on 1 cpu

after 1.05 i was CTD and disconnects constantly, i did the above and it all stopped...
1hawaii50
+5|6708
I'm crashing at the end of each round also, and I tried  hitting the escape key prior to the vid, and it only caused me to crash from the HUD screen.  Maybe I'll try the uninstall/re-install....it can't be any worse than re-starting the game after every round.

Last edited by 1hawaii50 (2006-11-22 20:35:41)

1MaNArmY
+2|6800
Well everything worked like a charm.  Made back-up copy of my profile folder with config files in them for video and control settings (player001).  Uninstall-ed game, deleted BF2142 folder from my documents and program file, left EA down loader, used reg cleaner to remove patch 1.01 & 1.05 files from registry.  Reinstalled game, added profile folder back,patched straight to 1.05 from retail version and we have achieved stability no more CTD's or WMD's

Last edited by 1MaNArmY (2006-11-22 22:22:17)

[RU]Grmbl
+9|6496|Russia

1MaNArmY wrote:

Well, well, well, EA finallly got around to opening their mouth about what happened with the 1.05 patch, and the ever so perfect 1.01 patch they had. Here's the update.

Hello, soldiers.

I know today has had its share of battles, so I'm hoping we can re-focus the thread now that I've identified the main issues you're reporting. This is what I've seen as the top five issues on the 1.05 feedback thread. I'm adding the information I know about the issues and I'll update this post if I learn anything new.

-------------------------

1. Crash to desktop at the end of the round in Titan maps. You should still earn credit for what you did in the round (thank you for the correction, MichaelBrobst2) although there may be a delay.

-If the Titan is moving when the shields go down and the rounds per map is set greater than one, then the client will crash at the end of the round. Until a fix is in place, server admins can prevent the issue by setting the rounds per map to one. (Medic 9017 kindly posted this workaround; it has also been verified by DICE). Soldiers can also choose to play Conquest maps to avoid running into the Titan crash if the rounds per map has not been changed to one.

2. EA Master Server disconnects and errors still occur.

-It's been verified that this is still a widespread issue. I'll update this when I have more information.

3. Crashing after login or choosing your soldier. 'Patching failed' errors.

-FerretPleb posted a possible cause for this issue (thank you exodusrage for sending it my way). If you have limited free space on your hard drive (particularly on the partition that houses Battlefield 2142), you may try freeing up some space. You should have about 1.35GB free space to install the patch.

4. When trying to join the server you are told that 'This Server Only Allows Unmodified Content' or similar messages.

-This may be due to an error whilst patching. Try a clean install/re-patch of the game to see if it helps. The manual uninstall directions are here: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea. cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14051

5. Graphic corruption on the Titan. Everything is black or dark.

-This may be related to the in-game video options causing conflicts on some machines. One of the support guys here had the issue and adjusted the options for Dynamic Shadows and Lighting, Anti-Aliasing, and Texture Filtering to resolve the issue. Drop those options and then adjust them up one by one until you find out which one causes the issue. Let me know if that helps.
Oh man, not again!

I was hoping so much that 2142 will not be fucked up like BF2 was - glitches, CTDs, God knows what else.

But no! EA/DICE managed to beat their record - new patch brings in even more MAJOR issues. Titan CTD issue is more severe than BF2 crashes, which were not so regular.

Their motto should read "Electronic Arts - Fucking Up Customers in Innovative Ways".

Last edited by [RU]Grmbl (2006-11-23 00:58:51)

demondspawn
+7|6764|Aussie in the UK

1hawaii50 wrote:

I'm crashing at the end of each round also, and I tried  hitting the escape key prior to the vid, and it only caused me to crash from the HUD screen.  Maybe I'll try the uninstall/re-install....it can't be any worse than re-starting the game after every round.
Done that one m8 did not work.
Rihgoha
+2|6732|Estonia
https://asjad.rih.pri.ee/Scr_0001345.PNG
1MaNArmY
+2|6800
screw the hotfix, who knows what else the lazy turds at EA/Dice will ruin with this "fix".
The CTD are apparently due to a conflict with the 1.01 and 1.05 patch.  If you remove the 1.01 patch and install the 1.05 patch from the retail version you eliminate the problem.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6417|Finland

Dice server has almost no lag in titan mode when it's up and running in pub mode
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6735|Oslo, Norway
IP to that server?
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6561|Hungary
Huh there are CTD's in the great 2142 ? Cool !

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard