{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6745|Winnipeg, Manitoba
someone please help quickly, I try to connect to a server any server for that matter, and I click join now it waits about 5 seconds and shuts down my game... please help explain what happened and how to fix it.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6755
did u mess with ur video setting or ur services/processes running?
what kinda vid card do u have?
make sure u reboot first. some ppl for get the simplest things.
{504th}T/4.Stryker
I have a ATI Radeon 9000 AGP PRO video card and I did mess around with the video but I put it back to default... and I've rebooted. still shuts down on me

Last edited by {504th}T/4.Stryker (2005-12-23 03:01:01)

Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6792|Hamburg, Germany
i had that one before and i had to reinstall.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6755
mmm radeon eh? 1 sec. Ru running catalyst software? if so, does ur processes show ati2evxx(this should be under ur name and system) and atidtct(this should be under ur name) running?

also to test to see if it is a problem with the video setting of the game make a new offline profile and see if it lets u start a game that way.

EDIT: if it does work with the new profile u need to copy the file video.con from your new profile to ur old one. this file can be found in the default directory MY Documents under battlefield 2. the orginal profile will that the lower number and the newer profile will have the higher one. IE 0001 old, 0002 new

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2005-12-23 03:11:34)

-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6746|Australia
id say, new card, coz 9000 is VERY old, i dont even know whether it was meant to work with BF2, i mean, is it a DX9 native card?

and, how much ram do u hav?
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6755
ya it is quite old but it was working before. it wouldnt just start crashing all the sudden especisally right after u messed with the video settings if it was cause it was just an old card problem(well unless u burn it out or something).
{504th}T/4.Stryker
actually I payed BF2 last night no problem then I installed it at my friends with a different cd-key and then camme home later and wanted to play and it still crashes, maybe just uninstall and reinstall? but can I save my profiles?

EDIT: I can play single player without any problems...

EDIT2: ok, I had a error message pop-up

BF2CdCheck.exe encountered a problem...

HELP ME PLEASE!

Last edited by {504th}T/4.Stryker (2005-12-23 12:56:33)

{504th}T/4.Stryker
is there any way I can uninstall the game but save all my profile stats and then reinstall and login as my old profile? or must I just uninstall and then reinstall and tpye in my stuff again?
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6755
your profile data is stored in mydocuments. so yes u can just un install and re install and keep the data. it should ask u if u want to remove the profile data while uninstalling.

{504th}T/4.Stryker wrote:

actually I payed BF2 last night no problem then I installed it at my friends with a different cd-key and then camme home later and wanted to play and it still crashes, maybe just uninstall and reinstall? but can I save my profiles?

EDIT: I can play single player without any problems...

EDIT2: ok, I had a error message pop-up

BF2CdCheck.exe encountered a problem...

HELP ME PLEASE!
btw sounds like ur running pirated software. if thats the case then thats the problem...... GET A JOB AND BUY THE GAME!!!
If not then never mind.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2005-12-23 15:40:55)

Sgt.Flanal
+0|6721
I had a similar problem. Reinstalling fixed the problem.
{504th}T/4.Stryker
actaully I bought the game from bestbuy so ha! cost me 69.99$ too

PS: everyone always asumes canadians using pirated shit, really quite annoying. But I'll reintsall it later tonight or 2morow it's 1:30 here.

PSS: Thanks for comments eevryone

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard