CackNBallz
+45|6735|Toronto, Canada

rabee2789b wrote:

jugobeer wrote:

rabee2789b wrote:

am i even talking to u? ermm no, don't be a third person in an argument. It will help u in ur life
As long as you write on a public forum that I read, I am concern if I want!  You are still 2 week late and still look more retarded after your last post!

Thank for not replying to this and grab a beer for me!
rofl, i am not really bothered,  OK i am retareded thanx abut that! but wut abut u, telling me to stfu and i didn't even talk to u, cant u be nice to ppl? rather than just being rude, u could ur wrong or w/e

anyway, as i said i don't  really care, call me w/e u want don't give a fuck!
Is there something wrong with your keyboard?  You seem to be missing key consonants and vowels in your words. It just hurts my head trying to decipher that inane banter.
Dex Luther
+32|6430|Canukastan

Buzerk1 wrote:

CackNBallz wrote:

Each facet of this game has a strength and a weakness. It rewards teamwork, which is what this game is about.
^^QFE^^
What's the support kits weakness? Seems to be the only kit without one or has unlocks to completely cancel them out.

The MG's over heat. So? You don't even need to shoot. The sentry does all the shooting for you.
Running out of ammo? Nope, they've got unlimited ammo.
They have less range? Nope they can easily take out snipers at range.
They run slower? Not that I've noticed.

If they have a weakness I haven't found it yet. It can't be a huge weakness because everyone uses that kit.
Buzerk1
+44|6828

Dex Luther wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

CackNBallz wrote:

Each facet of this game has a strength and a weakness. It rewards teamwork, which is what this game is about.
^^QFE^^
What's the support kits weakness? Seems to be the only kit without one or has unlocks to completely cancel them out.

The MG's over heat. So? You don't even need to shoot. The sentry does all the shooting for you.
Running out of ammo? Nope, they've got unlimited ammo.
They have less range? Nope they can easily take out snipers at range.
They run slower? Not that I've noticed.

If they have a weakness I haven't found it yet. It can't be a huge weakness because everyone uses that kit.
With LMG they are useless if they move, to be good they must stay prone. They are strong to hold an area, but send 2-3 guys and the support is dead as the Sentry gets confuse and can't lock on one player. So one on one, yep you are right, hard to beat, but this game was not meant to be played as a lonewolf either.

With the Shot gun, they don't have range (yes a little, let say mid range but not as effective as short range). But very efficient close range.

So, long range a Sniper should easily pick Support, if he can't it's because he pick is nose.

Assault with their Rocket is probably the "Support killer".

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-11-21 14:13:18)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6440

CackNBallz wrote:

rabee2789b wrote:

jugobeer wrote:

As long as you write on a public forum that I read, I am concern if I want!  You are still 2 week late and still look more retarded after your last post!

Thank for not replying to this and grab a beer for me!
rofl, i am not really bothered,  OK i am retareded thanx abut that! but wut abut u, telling me to stfu and i didn't even talk to u, cant u be nice to ppl? rather than just being rude, u could ur wrong or w/e

anyway, as i said i don't  really care, call me w/e u want don't give a fuck!
Is there something wrong with your keyboard?  You seem to be missing key consonants and vowels in your words. It just hurts my head trying to decipher that inane banter.
like?
CackNBallz
+45|6735|Toronto, Canada
You need to up your skill a bit, mate.  Don't just pop your head up to trade shots with the guy.  Get from cover to cover and flank the guy.  Shoot rockets, or grenades at him.  Use more than one guy to attack him.

Sentry guns are easily handled with an EMP grenade, shooting at it, or just plain running straight at it and jumping over it.

Running out of health? Get a medic to heal you or be assault yourself and heal yourself.  You will last longer if you place your shots.  Eventually he will overheat or run out of ammo and have to reload.

Instead of just running around like a turkey from Point A to Point B like most novice players.  Take the side routes and be stealthy.  Of course you are going to be shot to hell if you are running and gunning against a LMG.  I would be surprised that you wouldn't be shredded to pieces with the amount of bullets that are hurled your way.

The support kit's weakness is that he doesn't have accuracy for the initial 1 or 2 seconds of firing.  He also has to be relatively stationary when shooting, thus a prime target for knifing. Any decent sniper should and will kill a non-moving support infantry.  I really don't know why people whine about it.

- Assault is primarily used to quickly attack (RE: ASSAULT) an area and be very mobile in doing so.  And to revive and heal their teammates.

- Engineer is primarily used to pilot, destroy and repair vehicles.

- Recon is to snipe, destroy assets/vehicles and be stealthy.

- Support is used to well, support the rest of the infantry with suppressing fire.  They also resupply their team.  Since they are primarily prone they are given a sentry gun, much like the Recon kit is given APMs.

Stop the whining.
panderiz
+32|6758

spawnofthemist wrote:

1) the game is VERY MUCH playable as it is.
for some maybe, I get master server disconnets at least once if not more every single round.
[bdb]donutmaster
+2|6438

CackNBallz wrote:

The game is indeed very playable.  This is one of the first times that I have seen weapons and vehicles very balanced.  Each facet of this game has a strength and a weakness. It rewards teamwork, which is what this game is about.

No you should not get boosters for free, you fucking freeloader. A successful company by design is made to make money.  If it doesn't, then it isn't really that successful.  They need to have multiple streams of income to be really successful.  This also funds the programmers and testers which release patches to fix even more problems. If they don't make money, then you don't get your game. 

Think about it, the cost of development has gone up substantially over the past few years alone.  What about the cost of your game?  Still about the same as it was a few years ago.  The boosters also give a nice diversion for gamers to play for awhile and they are relatively inexpensive. Then when they go back to play the core game, they may apply new skills and tactics they acquired in the booster (I know I got a whole lot better and infantry combat because of Special Forces.)
Just who in the fuck are you calling a fucking freeloader,  you fucking asshat??  You attack me because of something I posted?? What the fuck crawled out of your ass and died??   Anyway enough with the bitching already.   I understand the motivation behind any of the game companies.   Money.  Sure lots of time goes, into research and development,  you have to pay the people who work on stuff,  you have to pay for the phone,  the internet,  the staff,  the call center,  the lights,  the tvs,  etc,  and all that other shit..    I do remember at one time when games were cheap as dirt,  Im not saying they should be now.  I apologize if I popped out of line but I got 3 hours of sleep last night...
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

[bdb]donutmaster wrote:

Just who in the fuck are you calling a fucking freeloader,  you fucking asshat??  You attack me because of something I posted?? What the fuck crawled out of your ass and died??   Anyway enough with the bitching already.   I understand the motivation behind any of the game companies.   Money.  Sure lots of time goes, into research and development,  you have to pay the people who work on stuff,  you have to pay for the phone,  the internet,  the staff,  the call center,  the lights,  the tvs,  etc,  and all that other shit..    I do remember at one time when games were cheap as dirt,  Im not saying they should be now.  I apologize if I popped out of line but I got 3 hours of sleep last night...
nice mature response there son, way to grab the forums affections...
[bdb]donutmaster
+2|6438
Spawnofthemist wrote:
2) the patch fixes the only real problems i could think of.
3) you really think you've got a shot at the top of the leaderboard? grow up.

Yes it is very playable.  The patch fixes a shitload of stuff.    And the leaderboards,  I dont even think You would either. 
Just have a place in line..

And when you tell someone to grow up,  they want to come and beat the shit out of you for general purposes,  and besides whippersnapper,  Im an old man!!
spawnofthemist
Banned

[bdb]donutmaster wrote:

Spawnofthemist wrote:
2) the patch fixes the only real problems i could think of.
3) you really think you've got a shot at the top of the leaderboard? grow up.

Yes it is very playable.  The patch fixes a shitload of stuff.    And the leaderboards,  I dont even think You would either. 
Just have a place in line..

And when you tell someone to grow up,  they want to come and beat the shit out of you for general purposes,  and besides whippersnapper,  Im an old man!!
Well I apologise, it's just you don't act it.

and learn to use the [ quote ] tags.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6767|EUR
Whats with all the flaming? Are we not hear to whine about EA? D:
[bdb]donutmaster
+2|6438
I accept your apology.  I did say I had 3 hours of sleep,  so I'm like a rattlesnake right now,  snapping at everything.    Im sorry if I offended anyone.

So lets get back to the discussion of this patch.    Spawn,  starting with your thoughts,  what do you think??
Does it mess up your abilities??    I didnt read where anything had been nerfed, like the grenade launcher in bf2 was.... 

Anyway Im gonna go take a nap,  and its cold as shit outside.

Peace! 

I also have hot PECAN pie!!!
Magius5.0
+106|6373|UMass Amherst

[bdb]donutmaster wrote:

If I wanted drama, I would've watched Oprah...or the white-trash talk shows (read: Maury, Jerry Springer, lol)

Anyhow...post 1.05 patch, things are looking pretty good thus far; all the major glitches have been fixed (and knowing some guys around here, they *will* find more to boldly point out and make DICE sweat bullets) and the assault rifles...cripes.  I'm firing magical bullets with the Voss L-AR now, I used to truly suck with it.  I was more of a Baur H-AR fan, but man...these guns are now super l33t.  These guns put the G3A3 of BF2 to shame now.  Major balancing issues still exist however, in particular the over-nerfing of the Air power in the game...If I had a nickel for every time I nose-dived into the world because of an EMP missile, I'd be richer than Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, COMBINED.  Odds are, we'll see them address that in patch 1.10 and beyond.  Other vehicles are still balanced, even walkers, but what's really scary is when you get two very good pilots in one of those suckers.  At that point, your only option may be to kamikaze them and take one for the team, or throw three or four tanks at them from long-range.  Other issue exists with the damn titan guns, where some rotten engineer keeps spamming repairing/firing the guns, and you can't permenantly stop them, all the while they're pulverizing a silo that you stand no chance to cap.  Should make it so that it takes longer to repair, or they catch on fire when below a certain health threshhold.  And please...can someone stop the retarded noobs from firing the AA gun at the enemy titan, even when there's nothing to hit?  spam-spam-spam-spam-spam...not an issue, just an annoyance...

So... 1.05FTW (thus far)
[bdb]donutmaster
+2|6438
Ah shit someone wants whining...

Ahh my pussy cat hurts!!  I cant see in the dark,  I need a glass of water...I forgot my glasses...

I m too tired to whine about EA.  I hear it enough from co-workers who play Electronic Ass games,  oops I mean electronic arts

: )
[bdb]donutmaster
+2|6438
Yea I agree about the walkers,  it seems like there are made out of space-age shit that won't die.

If your lucky you can get a engineer with a pilum and a recon to make the carnage stop.  Hell you wanna see people scatter like roaches,  get a tank,  a apc and a walker with a couple of supply crates,  and some engies repairing,  on a choke point and they can almost effectively block off the other side completey.  Ive seen it done on Fall of berlin several times,  I believe its the roadblock flag and try the tactic,  almost no one gets through the area alive...

Last edited by [bdb]donutmaster (2006-11-21 15:09:37)

[bdb]donutmaster
+2|6438
Oh one more thing before I go to sleep for a few hours,  if they fixed the accuracy on the Assault kit,  how many people will really start bitching about being owned???  I can almost guarantee someone will start crying.

I kind of like the Voss over the baur my self....  40 rounds to a magazine,  which if a person is skilled enough,  they can kill and wound 3 to 5 people easily,  without changing magazines.   

I havent used the baur enough to really do any damage with yet,  I ve gotten it when the field upgrade comes along...
spawnofthemist
Banned

[bdb]donutmaster wrote:

So lets get back to the discussion of this patch.    Spawn,  starting with your thoughts,  what do you think??
Does it mess up your abilities??    I didnt read where anything had been nerfed, like the grenade launcher in bf2 was....
Nothing's been nerfed. The gameplay is exactly the same as pre patch:

Awesome.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

Ever notice that Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS1, Nintendo, and otyher video game console systems don't release patches?

It's very simple truth that a game can and does get made and be bug free (or minimally buggy) without too much needing for patches.  It's simple proof that EA rushes shit recklessly, with obvious little regard for thier comsumers.

NOTE: yes, I have my tissues, but I don't need them. I'm just stating a bit of obviousness that I would like to point out...
jamiet757
+138|6614

ncc6206 wrote:

Patches? Patches? We dont need no stinking patches! 
bubble boy FTW!
jamiet757
+138|6614

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Ever notice that Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS1, Nintendo, and otyher video game console systems don't release patches?

It's very simple truth that a game can and does get made and be bug free (or minimally buggy) without too much needing for patches.  It's simple proof that EA rushes shit recklessly, with obvious little regard for thier comsumers.

NOTE: yes, I have my tissues, but I don't need them. I'm just stating a bit of obviousness that I would like to point out...
console games take more time to come out for that exact reason, consoles are made for the only purpose of playing games, computers are used for many many things, and the coding for pc games is different.  they have to utilize cpu time, memory, hard drive access times, as well as allow other running processes and doing many things at the same time, a lot of variables that can make the game behave in different ways...and ea does make games for consoles... so what are you talking about?
CackNBallz
+45|6735|Toronto, Canada

RoosterCantrell wrote:

That's because they have only one shot to make a gold disc, before it goes to production.  Of course if a big glitch occurs, newer copy runs will not have them, but then you still have a large batch that contains the glitches.

That, and they have better QA testers, and they only have to worry about one hardware platform instead of hundreds, if not thousands of different variations and combinations of CPUs, Videocards, motherboards, soundcards, RAM, etc.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6748|Hell, p.o box 666

Patch Thoughts

conquest: yeah rocking
titan: yaaay crashing, lets wait for 1.51, 1.52...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
If anything the assault rifles have been upgraded, they feel just that little bit more accurate.

Titan crash bug is a shame but not the end of the world. I can still get my fun by jumping in an APC in a 64-player Sidi (lots of kills there)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

Ok so now the patch is officially out and ready.   Is it possible that the stat padders will drop like flies and we will have a new leaderboard??  Maybe, maybe not.  One thing that has consistently pissed me off to no end was all the rampant cheating.  Mainly the titan hover exploit.
No more, free Clear Skies pins, sad.

I lost count of how many transport ships I blew out of the sky with the Titan AA guns.  This was the worst I believe.  And thank God,  that EA listened to the community instead of adding extra things that are nice to have but add little to gameplay, and  FIXING BROKEN things...Now maybe they will be good to their word and remove the top 100 cheaters or so...
They will remove them. Matter of time.

It would be nice to be able to move way up on the leaderboards.
You will fail.

And now Im not praising EA/Dice.  We used to do that and then all the money went to their heads.   IMHO the game should have been delayed until everything bugwise  was taken care,  but sadly in todays gaming market,  companies rush to get a game out,  and 20 patches later its somewhat playable.  It makes them look very greedy.  Any booster packs they decide to release should be free for us having to deal with the headaches of watching someone who decided to cheat to take the topspots...
Oh noes, cheaters are the #1, my e-penis shrinks! Get over it, I never look at stats.
Wether you're a private or Field Marshall, the knife kills you just as easily.

Oh and closing thoughts,  This patch will probably break something....
Nope, all seems fine.

Thanks for listening to my rants
I'll send the bill, for wasting my valueable time.

That's because they have only one shot to make a gold disc, before it goes to production.  Of course if a big glitch occurs, newer copy runs will not have them, but then you still have a large batch that contains the glitches.

That, and they have better QA testers, and they only have to worry about one hardware platform instead of hundreds, if not thousands of different variations and combinations of CPUs, Videocards, motherboards, soundcards, RAM, etc.
That is why they should port BF2142 to the Macintosh OSX Platform, there is only a limited amount of hardware to support
beerface702
+65|6685|las vegas
lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard