duckforceone
+3|6715|Denmark
why is it that every time someone without a very high or good score post any complaint, one of the first persons to answer that person, will bring up his not good enough stats, as an answer to a post that most often is not even related to the stats?

are some people seriously that stupid, that it's the only thing they can talk about, and push down on those with worse stats than themselves, so they can feel better and superior?

i really feel sorry for those people...  maybe they need a group hug to feel loved by someone instead...

c'mon... let's all group hug....  yep that goes for you too... you hiding your true self behind stats that you like to imagine are making you superior to others.. not just in game, but also in real life...

MERRY CHRISTMASS!!!!!!!
S4INT05
+1|6721|79605, TX
lol i agree. *group hug*

BTW, i think it's kind of sad for the people who play solely for the stats.
duckforceone
+3|6715|Denmark
yeah... i only play when i have my guild to play with.. or else i find the game too boring... stats for me mean only one thing... soon more weapons to play with.. that's the only reason i play on ranked servers...

just look at the other post, camping the aircraft carrier... what does his stats have to do with his complaint? yet someone is very quick to bring up his stats to question his validity... his "manhood"... his "coolness"

Last edited by duckforceone (2005-12-22 04:12:47)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6700|Wilmington, DE, US
If your score is higher than mine, you cheated to get it.
Sud
+0|6739
Stats with a correct analysis behind them actually can tell a lot and be relevant to a discussion.

For example, when special forces came out, there were a lot of people with 0.39 KTD assault rifle ratios trying to say that the SF assault rifle unlocks (F2000, G36E) were not better than the standard M16/AKs, which is a load of hogwash, as anyone with a 0.39 assault rifle cannot understand the intricacies of why those guns are better (thankfully we now have the updated ubar to remove all doubt)

As a mainstream rule for the population, people are generally very quick to start talking about stuff they know nothing about.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-22 20:54:06)

=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6725|In a van down by the river

duckforceone wrote:

yeah... i only play when i have my guild to play with.. or else i find the game too boring...
Same thing with me.  I like playing when your team plays like a team.  That usually only happens if you belong to a clan and you are all in the same server together on the same team.  It makes it a lot more fun than just going in as a lone wolf which holds absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6804
If people say something is wrong, but they have bad stats, its up to the rest of us to show they're wrong.
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6719
I'd like to think I'm the leader of Bad Stats. Thanks to this board the second I enter voice chat with my friends to play they all chant "you need to improve your stats!"
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6780|Singapore

I want to complain about people who complains about complainers.

*points at greenie* you skanky hypocrite you I've seen you bang 3 different guys over their stats already lol.
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6693|Ontario
its true... i hate when people tell complaining people to shut up
ITS THE COMPLAING SECTION, SHUT UP!!!
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6725|cairns australia
too true let em bitch that is what it is for.there is no need to flame a complainer in this section.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6727|Salt Lake City

PinkSugarHeartAttack wrote:

I'd like to think I'm the leader of Bad Stats. Thanks to this board the second I enter voice chat with my friends to play they all chant "you need to improve your stats!"
Now you just made me feel bad.  I did a quick comparison between our stats, and they are very close.  I have slightly higher scores on accuracy, and a slightly higher kills per round average, but you have a slightly better K/D ratio and win/loss ratio.

Overall, not that different.  I don't live to play this game, but if my supposed friends told me I had to get better before I could play on their team, I'd find some new friends.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6747|United States of America
I looked up his stats too,  he isnt the best, but once he improves he may be able to get something out of the game, like a BR over 100.  Its all very simple once you learn to use everything you have.

I noticed that where ever he isnt very good, i am.  Where ever he is good, I'm not.  Ours stats are actually pretty close, mine are a tiny bit better but not much.  Hope that makes you feel good!

Last edited by Miller (2005-12-23 08:24:48)

=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6725|In a van down by the river
*pushes up his glasses*

"See here, my kdr is 0.00000004 points higher than yours.  Yet you have 0.0005 hours more than me in a tank because you are a tank whore you n00b.  You suck.  My SPM is 0.000000001 so that proves I'm like 1 bagillion times better than you at life.  3y3 pwn j00!!!111oneone"

Doesn't that sound like most of the stat-related posts on here?

P.S. I don't really have glasses, I just put that in there to paint a picture.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6727|Salt Lake City

Miller wrote:

I looked up his stats too,  he isnt the best, but once he improves he may be able to get something out of the game, like a BR over 100.  Its all very simple once you learn to use everything you have.

I noticed that where ever he isnt very good, i am.  Where ever he is good, I'm not.  Ours stats are actually pretty close, mine are a tiny bit better but not much.  Hope that makes you feel good!
I'm certainly far from being the best, or even considered a "good" player, but I'm a hard core ground pounder and like to mix it up.  I'll switch to whatever kit I need to handle the combat situation where I'm at, and will take deaths on my score to capture flag points or help out a team member.

But I like to play for fun.  The badges/ribbons are a secondary goal/challenge.  If I get them, great.  If I don't have them all, or even vet/expert rankings on them, oh well.  By KDR has been climbing steadily and I'm becoming more proficient with a larger array of weapons.  But hey, for not even having 70 hours into this game, I don't really feel that bad for what I have accomplished...especially since I've accomplished them in the manner in which the game intended, not some of the BS ways they are often obtained now.
WildBlueYonder
+0|6729|New Brunswick Canada

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

I'm certainly far from being the best, or even considered a "good" player, but I'm a hard core ground pounder and like to mix it up.  I'll switch to whatever kit I need to handle the combat situation where I'm at, and will take deaths on my score to capture flag points or help out a team member.

But I like to play for fun.  The badges/ribbons are a secondary goal/challenge.  If I get them, great.  If I don't have them all, or even vet/expert rankings on them, oh well.  By KDR has been climbing steadily and I'm becoming more proficient with a larger array of weapons.  But hey, for not even having 70 hours into this game, I don't really feel that bad for what I have accomplished...especially since I've accomplished them in the manner in which the game intended, not some of the BS ways they are often obtained now.
Exactly, I only have 80ish hours and hey look at my stats, not great not really good even, but i adapt to what my team needs, i don't need a vehicle but if we are getting arse rapped by the other teams air assets and no one is flying our planes someone has to level the field. or armour AA etc, and i choose what kit i like or what kit i think i need or what kit IS needed (tank at spawn = anti tank). I play for fun but on ranked servers cause you might as well get points for it, i'd like to get all my basic bages before first sargeant but thats 15000 points away so i'm not too worried
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6727|Salt Lake City

WildBlueYonder wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Exactly, I only have 80ish hours and hey look at my stats, not great not really good even, but i adapt to what my team needs, i don't need a vehicle but if we are getting arse rapped by the other teams air assets and no one is flying our planes someone has to level the field. or armour AA etc, and i choose what kit i like or what kit i think i need or what kit IS needed (tank at spawn = anti tank). I play for fun but on ranked servers cause you might as well get points for it, i'd like to get all my basic bages before first sargeant but thats 15000 points away so i'm not too worried
I have 3 that have continued to elude me, the basic pistol, knife, and helo.  I can't for the life of me get the 15 minutes in a chopper, and the other two would require me to forego the team effort in an attempt to gain them.  Like I said, if I get them, I get them.  If not, well, that's not the primary point of the game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard