Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6754|Reality

Pug wrote:

Just do what the officers ask you to do and you don't get tazed.
You try standing up after getting tazered.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
nlsme
+48|6426|new york
Watch the news, its been on cnn all day.
Erkut.hv
+124|6746|California

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

Dec45 wrote:

Wow... Who's going to back this man now? All this crying about liberal kids.
Can we have some links please? Or can we all post some stuff?

"the officer also liked punching retarded kids and beating up old women"
Erkut.hv I don't think I ever agree with you on anything, but today you're cracking me up man...
I'll be cracking myself up when Rome falls man. It's all I can do, since my government doesn't care about my opinion or my vote.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6553|Texas - Bigger than France

Stubbee wrote:

Pug wrote:

Just do what the officers ask you to do and you don't get tazed.
You try standing up after getting tazered.
I referring to him being asked to leave the library.  I'm referring to the fact where somehow the cops felt it was necessary to bounce him.  I'm referring to him breaking their grip and yelling at them for touching him after he was asked to leave.  I'm referring to the cops feeling that they needed to taze him...which of course has at least SOMETHING to do with his actions.  So I'm talking about BEFORE he was tazed.

As far as AFTER he was tazed - watch the tape - he does get up on his own and bumps a cop.

The cops probably did what they are trained to do.

Do I know for sure?  No...but this is a lawsuit happy country.  Therefore, I'm pretty sure that the cops know when tazer use is appropriate. 

Second, at the very beginning of the tape, you hear the guy yelling pretty loudly - "don't touch me don't touch me".  EXTREMELY loud.  Probably at this point he's on the ground after getting tazed.  My guess is that the cops are trying to pick him up and he's struggling with them.  So they tell him to get up.  So the guy can struggle but not get up?  He got up by himself later...

Or, let's say in the beginning he's not being helped up and isn't struggling.  A guy can't yell that loudly if he's incapacitated.

So to answer your question...based on the tape, which clearly shows proof in him standing up on his own, and the fact what's happening in the very beginning of the tape...I can get up after getting tazed.  And so can this guy.
Dec45
+12|6651

Erkut.hv wrote:

Dec45 wrote:

nlsme wrote:

To add to this story, LAPD has identified the officer that was responsible. It is no surprise that he was involved in a similar incident three years ago. He shot a homeless man, IA investigations said that he should have been fired, and charged with assault. That kid definitely has a civil case. Both against the LAPD and the officer personally.

I looked it up. Did you make an attempt?
Erkut.hv
+124|6746|California

Dec45 wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

Dec45 wrote:

Not yet Dec, but I shal try. Sneaking in posts here and there at work.
nlsme
+48|6426|new york

Dec45 wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

Dec45 wrote:

Is that not what you found? Like i said i saw it on CNN headline news. I looked at their site, but only found a link to the video on YOUTUBE. Not even the original story.
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6532
LA Times identifies the officer involved in the incident. He was investigated 3 years ago for shooting a homeless man in a study hall and was even recommended for dismissal for an assault incident. Instead, he was given officer of the year in 2001. How nice.

Terrence Duren

I'll reserve judgement until the investigation is over, but it's not looking good...

Last edited by Protecus (2006-11-21 14:48:10)

Dec45
+12|6651
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6504|Connecticut

Dec45 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Is that why some time ago all of the squad cars have the lights that you can only see from the rear of the car and not the front?
So why did that cop just say you can carry people?
Did he not say he was a cop in Florida? Thought so. We are talking about California where laws differ.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6504|Connecticut

Dec45 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Dec45 wrote:

'In the wrong', does not justify shocking him that many times. You can argue all day long that because he was wrong, anything he got he deserved. But that's a pretty barbaric mindset, that doesn't translate well with many other cases of disobedience. You can pick someone up with your buddy cop, and carry him... Anything. Are you trying to degrade the capability of the human physiology to carry or move another human in a multitude of ways, to the point you suggest that shocking him with 50,000 volts is the only method, and the best? Think a little.

I'm sorry to inform you, but any cop killed by a handcuffed 7 or 93 year old, is probably even more stupid then the ones who thought tasering a kid is going to make him stand up, or the student who didn't comply.
Um, wrong. You need to think a little. A restrained subject is required by law to move under his own free will. Police cannot drag or buddy up to carry. They followed procedure. You assume that a fallen officer of the peace is stupid because of the age of a subject? Do you know the circumstances? You must because you "informed" me. Freak things happen to normal people every day. Putting your ass on the line every day only increases your chances of something strange and uncontrollabe ending your life. Thats why militaru and police train, train and train again. They follow procedure and they do the best they can to keep us safe when they arent throwing fucky little trust fund liberals out of university libraries. And Im sorry if I sympathize for them and the adversity they face every day.
Maybe in comparison to your world, the cops are risking their lives valiantly. In mine, I acknowledge that the people whose asses are truly on the line, are the ones living in the neighborhoods cops often get called to. Cops willingly choose to go to these areas and police them, and they have NO obligation to help anyone in the first place. I'm not sure if you knew that, but a cop doesn't have to help a soul. He doesn't have to rush to a call. Cops are emotional wrecks, who build up serious resent for the people living in the areas they often have to make arrests in. They are judgmental by nature, lack compassion and extremely biased towards people who don't enjoy the fassad of a public angelic image, where they always have excuses for everything out of some false sense of valor. The military and the police are on two totally different levels. I don't know what world you live in, but in mine, the police do NOT do their best to keep 'us' safe. And I'm not even basing this on race.
Your world is flawed, like your posts. You say the police CHOOSE to go where they want. Wrong stupid. They are dispatched, they go where they are told. The thugs living in thug neighborhoods are the ones with the choice. And they choose crime so fuck them.
Malloy must go
beerface702
+65|6704|las vegas
from watching the video, he should have just gone along with what the cops said, instead of trying to act like a hardass
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6553|Texas - Bigger than France
Anyone have an update on this story?

Has UCLA succeeded from the Union?  Has our protagonist returned for revenge by cutting his way through sorority row?
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6560|EUtopia | Austria
None is to be spoken innocent, he did not leave, behaved cockily, but the police could have easily pulled him off.
I don't know why they didn't just call for reinforcing and took him out there? Probably they were too lazy.

In our country, policemen don't use such kind of weapons, they simply call for more people if needed and then, with pure power of men (and women!) the offender is being brought to the police station. There he will be sent into a room with nothing left than himself to think about, and as soon as he has calmed down again and is willing to speak, his case will be investigated. No stress at all.

But would you jump up, with your muscles itching and twitching from the electric shocks? I doubt it.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6456|The Land of Scott Walker
If someone acts like a jerk to a policeman when given an order and reacts in a physical manner against the officer, they deserve a meeting with the floor and a good tazer shot.  He should have shut his mouth and not been such a cocky wanker and he'd have been fine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard