INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6459|canada

Nikola Bathory wrote:

BF2 is much better! It feels real, not futuristic!
Plus, Bf2142 is just a MOD, why pay for a MOD?!?!
you payed for sf did u not?

besides 2142 is much more than a mod, dont get me wrong i think bf2 is the better game, but ive also put many many hours into bf2 and its gotten.......for lack of better word "old". bf2142 is a nice change,even just in conquest mode i like it. who cares about futuristic/modern, its about the actual gameplay.(not much diff than bf2, except less nade/gaymore spamming, no more j10 whores, ive found spawn campers a rarity, all of which are changes for the better)

Last edited by INFERNO552 (2006-11-21 00:29:27)

=ESU=COEMAN
+3|6543
I brought the game(BF2142), played a few rounds, been playing BF2 ever since. Now why didn't EA redevelop BF1942 with the BF2 engine, that would of made more sense in my opinion.
BVC
+325|6715
I decided not to play BF2142 until they fixed BF2.  I haven't even played the demo yet.

TBH, I'd prefer a remake of BF1942 or BFV.
dundee_hitman_2005
+8|6689|Scotland

INFERNO552 wrote:

Nikola Bathory wrote:

BF2 is much better! It feels real, not futuristic!
Plus, Bf2142 is just a MOD, why pay for a MOD?!?!
you payed for sf did u not?

besides 2142 is much more than a mod, dont get me wrong i think bf2 is the better game, but ive also put many many hours into bf2 and its gotten.......for lack of better word "old". bf2142 is a nice change,even just in conquest mode i like it. who cares about futuristic/modern, its about the actual gameplay.(not much diff than bf2, except less nade/gaymore spamming, no more j10 whores, ive found spawn campers a rarity, all of which are changes for the better)
Agreed
Abstinuous
+33|6450
i hate futuristic weapons, bf2 has the perfect guns for me
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6613|Iceland
i honestly loved the game in 2 days [2142] but got dead bored of it after that.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6568|EUtopia | Austria
All the things that have been making BF2 so much different from any other (tactical) shooter I know are not to be found in 2142.

- The movement of your character kept somewhat close to nature, but just on the edge of not being too realistic and therefore annoying.

- Shot deviation, requiring some time and practice to hit enemies (also on the edge of being annoying and thus absolutely great)

- Weapons that actually EXIST!

- Atmosphere of Urban warfare (wouldn't like that in my Real Life, though)

Those are the things BF 2142 will never come close to, since they are either not applicable to the game content or way too exaggerated (weapon handling, for example)

Of course, I also have a personal opinion about all those things...

- BF 2142 is just another future shooter, which I never liked.

- The Beta was ugly - not that it was buggy, but the map Verdun made me somewhat depressive.

- The Demo wasn't better either.

- Did I already mention that I hate the futuristic gadgets of 2142?

- The Vehicles in BF 2142 are crap.

- I hate 2142.

- I wouldn't spend 50€ for something like 2142.

- BF2 is one of the greatest games ever.

- I want to be different to those always switching to the newest shit EA throws out.

- I don't want to meet players in 2142 that left BF2 for 2142.

Oh I could go on like this for hours
spray_and_pray
+52|6510|Perth. Western Australia
Like someone said before everyone has their own oppinion and you are not going to change theres and they are not gonig to change yours so i dont get why people post how shit a game is when no one really cares.
Mad Ad
+178|6530|England, UK
I like modern combat and dislike games like UT2Kxx. 2142 is in the same category- filed under futuristic gash.
BluRR33
+27|6407|Sweden
To hell with Bf2142!!! it suck more than CoD! and i hate CoD
Jamalen
+2|6763|Shetland Islands
I'm simply refusing to buy BF2142 as I refuse to have some weird virus-like spyware sitting on my PC reporting on what I do online... and then advertise stuff to me in the game.. that sucks donkey testes...
jord
+2,382|6697|The North, beyond the wall.
Yeah 2142 sucks,it's just a mod.

Only joking,300 000 have got it already i think,and guess what,it's a fucking great game.

The only reason I carry on with an hour of BF2 is either when the it's update Tuesday so there are few servers or Clan training.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6556|Search Whore killing fields
Jets, Tanks, And Helli's. Those are what I like in BF2. I also like sniping and PKM'n. Tried 2142, Sniping sucks, Guns suck, Tanks suck, Helisjet mcrapthing sucks, titan mode sucks, the unlocks are only a few guns, the rest of which are stuff to boost your character, which sucks. BF2 seems more balanced to me, Everyone has same sprint, ammo, medic, anti tank. Now its like if you just start out in 2142everyones a fucking ninja.

Buttsechs < BF2

Last edited by DirtyMexican (2006-11-21 09:53:13)

adv3rsary
+28|6735
air vehichles handle like crap... and i cant keep my feet on the ground
DisasterMaster
+5|6423|(0,0,0)
Jets, Tanks, And Helli's. Those are what I like in BF2. I also like sniping and PKM'n. Tried 2142, Sniping sucks, Guns suck, Tanks suck, Helisjet mcrapthing sucks, titan mode sucks, the unlocks are only a few guns, the rest of which are stuff to boost your character, which sucks. BF2 seems more balanced to me, Everyone has same sprint, ammo, medic, anti tank. Now its like if you just start out in 2142everyones a fucking ninja.
Couldn't agree more! I can't fly to help my life, but I'm decent at chopper gunning and 2nd seat missling. (but then again, I don't play air maps very often). Tanks are nice when there isn't 20 AT guys on the other team. In BF2142 Titan mode is TOO BUGGY! Learn from other developers, If you can't make it work, don't make it!!

The Doom Pistol is more useful then the weapons in BF2142
Also unlocks should give more options, not abilities.
SPANKY_HAMSTER
+9|6591|B.C CANADA
BF2 is way better then 2142          SF Rocks    i like the modern day it is not the future
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6748|Louisiana
I'm gonna keep playing BF2 over BF2142 because playing the latter would require that I give EA and DICE more of my money, which they certainly do not deserve.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6585|England

2142 = Futuristic. I hate futuristic games. I havent even played the demo and I wont play it either.
It just seems to be a cross between Warhammer (with the Titans) and Planetside. Of which, from what Ive seen, Planetside is 99999 times better.

Its just another EA/DICE money making scam. Same engine, same graphics - the lot. All it is, is a mod - of which there are many free mods for BF2, all boasting better work in terms of graphics and map making, weapons and balance.
Although, I dont mind paying money for new BF2 enhancements, i.e. AF/EF/SF and any others that may arise... and I will play BF2 and purchase any additional boosters/expansions until I get sick of it, or it dies out - whichever comes first.
Linus
+53|6672

Plum_11 wrote:

So this is just asking why you refuse to play 2142. Or if you play both why you shun others who will only play one or the other.

Tell us Why
2142 is even more unbalanced than bf2 is.

but the main reason is, I refuse to give any more money to EA for sloppy products that go
unsupported.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6610|Reisterstown, MD

I was gonna get it but I changed my mind.  I am still stuck on BF2 and I don't see that letting up anytime soon. 
Longbow
+163|6666|Odessa, Ukraine
I find infantry combat in 2142 slow and boring . LMG's are overpowered though
im_in_heaven
+27|6607
to fake for me. Im more into real life warfare not flying robots and mech warriors.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6556|Search Whore killing fields

Longbow wrote:

I find infantry combat in 2142 slow and boring . LMG's are overpowered though
Yeah, I tried the demo once or twice, it took 3 days to get to places when there werent any cars around, thats another reason for not buying 2142, I was told by a friend that at each spawn there arent many vehicls to use, so once you cap a flag, 300mile walk to next. Wich means by the time you get there they cap it right infront of you
lendll
+16|6452
Bf2 has excitement to it. And the guns are phat. For instance, the newb tewb is "Easy" to use, but it's still incredibly fun to see a hefty grenade shoot at at 80 mph to explode right on impact and watch the enemy fly.

And the PKM. Ahhh the PKM. BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The helicopters feel soooo natural too. And I simply luvvvv flying jets all over the maps in just a few seconds flat.

Honestly, bf2 is like the best game ever made, but I still play q2 more than it though, cuz at heart, I'm a dm head:) But yea, I see no reason to buy a duplicate.
eagles1106
+269|6603|Marlton, New Jersey.

I.M.I Militant wrote:

ill tell you why i wont play 2142 - because bf2 is a great game and still has lots of life im not gonna buy some futuristic bs no 1 asked for an pay 110$ for what essentially is a MOD 

FUCK YOU E.A + DICE you money hungry faggets
If they ever are going to fix bf2, or possibly expand it, where will they get the money?  A corporation needs money.  However, I do agree, 2142 sucks nutsack and fuck Dice and EA (why? for releasing it too damn early, I wanted more time with bf2 to play with friends who have now left to play 2142,etc.)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard