13rin
+977|6484
This is sad.  2 days ago, I was on SF.  There were 350 servers.  I couldn't play for 2 days due to work. When I logged on tonight, there were only 49 servers out there.  Is SF dead now?  What a great game, and its dying.  I've seen videos of 2142 and it ain't me.  All of the hacks and cheats are still there just as they are in BF2. 

Same as BF2 vanilla there were 2600 servers, now I'm down to less than 500. 

I'll play until no one else is, but damn.... Way to kill a great game EA -all for trying to make an extra buck.. 2142 could have been an expansion pack from the looks of it.  What a shame.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
dubbs
+105|6637|Lexington, KY
Nope it is called a patch.  Get 1.41.
BluRR33
+27|6393|Sweden
SF  i not Dead yet! i think someone always play it to the 2007 i hope

it's still some servers out there , so it's not dead yet
NeNoByTe
+2|6374|Texas
agreed with dubbie on that 1, patch upgrades my friend, get the new servers and the ""less buggy" *cough cough* bs *cough* versions ... lol 
sharpchedda
+11|6657|USA
Doh!

Yep, 1,41 will help you out
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6744|Comber, Northern Ireland
yup i will playing be playing SF to the very end
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6528|the Netherlands
i have same problem ...sometimes i get alot of servers ...then the other day its only 49 or so

P.S. 44 kills for expert [class] badge is DAMN hard:(
https://static.bf2s.com/game-images/awards/ubar/1261113_3.pnghttps://static.bf2s.com/game-images/awards/ubar/1261120_3.png
https://static.bf2s.com/game-images/awards/ubar/1261119_3.pnghttps://static.bf2s.com/game-images/awards/ubar/1261121_3.png
https://static.bf2s.com/game-images/awards/ubar/1261105_3.png

Last edited by Tjasso (2006-11-20 19:52:44)

Puppy
+11|6667
im australian and we had over 20 servers belonging to 1 host called gamearena that was April...now we have 2
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6571|England

Before the patch, my game found ~ 350 servers and it automatically stopped searching. Since the patch (and only searching for the same version), I get about 200 now.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6695|England, GBR
You know

I have a great idea to get SF more played.

Seriously, hear me out!!!

You know EF / AF etc. How you can "download them" and intergrate them with BF2 vanilla? Well they should do that to SF and offer it as a download. Free to all. - Now I know they wont do that, so it should be free to thsoe who have SF on CD / Download already and then £5 / $7.50 to those who haven't.

I'd love to see it free as a thank you. I mean... THE CODE IS THERE! - THE GAME IS THERE! - All it'll take is to apply the same code like what they did to EF/AF (both crap imo).

What you reckon? - If we lobbied it, I think we could get it heard and tried at EA? - They must realise that some of us think 2142 is shit. Surely?

BTW, if you agree, please reply! - If not then add a solution. LETS TRY THIS! - I <3 warlord / Ghost Town. THEY DONT DESERVE TO DIE!
Furious=UKLF=
+12|6773|Over there

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

You know

I have a great idea to get SF more played.

Seriously, hear me out!!!

You know EF / AF etc. How you can "download them" and intergrate them with BF2 vanilla? Well they should do that to SF and offer it as a download. Free to all. - Now I know they wont do that, so it should be free to thsoe who have SF on CD / Download already and then £5 / $7.50 to those who haven't.

I'd love to see it free as a thank you. I mean... THE CODE IS THERE! - THE GAME IS THERE! - All it'll take is to apply the same code like what they did to EF/AF (both crap imo).

What you reckon? - If we lobbied it, I think we could get it heard and tried at EA? - They must realise that some of us think 2142 is shit. Surely?

BTW, if you agree, please reply! - If not then add a solution. LETS TRY THIS! - I <3 warlord / Ghost Town. THEY DONT DESERVE TO DIE!
You see, that would be the most fukin awsome move EA could ever make!!! To revive SF give it the ability to have the good maps in rotation, or even more variety!!

What you said is soooo true, and EA should do it, BUT will they?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6571|England

Most likely not. And please...less Warlord. More of the other maps. Especially night maps
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6583|Florida
DBB, I had the same problem on the RH server.  Then I found out there was a patch.  The thing that sucks still, is I dont think alot of people have realized there is a new patch so even after the patch, Ive still noticed fewer players around.  Its slowly getting back up there.

There was a guy in the RH server the other night that goes something along the lines of "Man this game is dying, no one plays it anymore, people dont even care about the new patch"

I told him I think its mostly because people dont know there is a new patch.....which I think is how it is, but I could be wrong.
samfink
+31|6560
personally, i think an EF and AF for SF would be good. sinmply call them ESF and SAF ( euro speical forces and special armourd fury), make there be more maps, like warlord by night,  iron gator w/ grappling hooks, re-makes of Bf2 maps w/ hooks/ziplines, all sorts of things could be done. hell, why can't the community make a mod that does all  (or most) of this? not volenteering, but maybe it would work? and see if EA can 'balance test' it, and hopefully allow us to use it on ranked servers.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6427|San Antonio, TX
I love SF, and I've been playing that more lately than I have regular BF2.  Problem is though... not enough good SF servers.  And then there's the whining... "I don't want to play night maps"... I love the night maps, adds a little challenge, but I'm freaky like that.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6571|England

silo1180 wrote:

I love SF, and I've been playing that more lately than I have regular BF2.  Problem is though... not enough good SF servers.  And then there's the whining... "I don't want to play night maps"... I love the night maps, adds a little challenge, but I'm freaky like that.
Nothing wrong with night maps, I love em. NF is my favourite SF map, but its not often played, so I dont get to play it much
Just gota hunt out the servers and join em for that round or two, leave and find another.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6640|South Jersey
Only 49 servers?  Only 500 on vanilla?  Check your filters, I only have 2 filters for vanlla which gives me almost 3,000 servers still for BF2.
FirePhoenix
+18|6644|hamilton, scotland
On inf only , i only get 10 servers for sf.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6738|Oslo, Norway
*cough* 1.41 *coughÆ

Shit, too late again
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6628|Camp XRay

WilhelmSissener wrote:

*cough* 1.41 *coughÆ

Shit, too late again
^^^boo this man, boo him
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
FirePhoenix
+18|6644|hamilton, scotland
Cough i have 1.41 cough, *splutters some blood* cough
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6506|Valley of the Dragons
Ah well this Battefield 2 Special Forces Intro Video is still nice to watch once in awhile.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard