Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6663
The stock weapons are sniper rifles. It is commonly accepted that recon is the sniping kit, but I would argue that support should be given that title. As long as someone is rendered on my screen it only takes a few seconds of firing to kill them. I can be so cocky with this kit as to take on multiple snipers at the edge of the draw distance and kill them all. At close range you are just as effective. Simply crouch + spray. Many of you seem to love the Voss, Baur, or Lambert, but I assure you, none of these weapons are even in the same league as the stock support guns which can wipe out entire squads. The support guns don't fire bullets so much as they point anger in a general direction. When I shoot at someone, I physically yell "Anger...this way!". And, let's not forget support's ability to nade spam. My K/D ratio went from a meager 1.4 playing a medic to over 2 and rapidly rising as support. At any range, support is the most effective class at killing infantry of any type.

I've only unlocked up to the sentry gun so far and am debating whether or not to get the shield and advanced ammo hub. The support kit is good enough at default to rape anyone, but some of the unlocks are surprisingly useful. Placing the sentry gun at the top of a ladder is like having a continuous APM there. It not only kills what ever climbs to the top, but it physically blocks them from climbing to the top (I found this out the hard way when I blocked several teammates who tried to climb the ladder of a building I was on). Also, I don't think the EMP grenades are given enough love. Every time I come across an enemy walker or tank I throw down an ammo crate and start spamming EMP grenades. Usually the driver gets so frustrated they abandon their vehicle, leaving it free for you to take. If not, it gives your team plenty of time to take it out.

So, not only is support an infantry killing machine and vehicle suppressor, it is one of the most useful team classes. You can rack up tons of supply points as well as Rambo your way to capping a flag or silo. Additionally, you can lay down suppression and cover fire as well as defend the Titan among other objectives. In conclusion, support is the best kit in the game.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/rambo1.jpg

Discuss.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6519|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/rambo1.jpgDiscuss.
YEAH ... RAMBO *RATTATATATATATAT* *BANG* *BOOF* ALL ENEMYS ARE DEAD .. YEAH RAMBO FTW.... WOHOOO

I fail at this, rite?
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6755|The Hague, Netherlands

I agree,

Bianchi LMG + Shuko LMG own......

and unlimited ammo...

I'm support all the way
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6662|Ohio
so true. its pretty much retarded that the machine guns are more accurate standing than the assault rifles prone.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6411|Evilsville
Support is the pwnge!

LMG + Nades + Sentry Gun is loads of kills.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6637|Mhz

Support is the 'easiest' class to play, it bores me, just my opinion but I don't think there's such a thing as being 'good' with support as I can't see it being possible to be 'bad' as Support.

A sentry gun that kills for you... pathetic. A gun that rewards mindless spamming... see previous.

The Clark rocks, the shield is cool too, the pulse sensor could do with a shorter cool down time, all the Netbat things are handy, the Support one is no exception.

Infinite EMP spamming basically renders a vehicle unusable lol, cool unless you're victim

Don't think i missed anything.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6663

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Support is the 'easiest' class to play, it bores me, just my opinion but I don't think there's such a thing as being 'good' with support as I can't see it being possible to be 'bad' as Support.

A sentry gun that kills for you... pathetic. A gun that rewards mindless spamming... see previous.

The Clark rocks, the shield is cool too, the pulse sensor could do with a shorter cool down time, all the Netbat things are handy, the Support one is no exception.

Infinite EMP spamming basically renders a vehicle unusable lol, cool unless you're victim

Don't think i missed anything.
Believe me, I have seen plenty of bad support players. Because you have to crouch to be truly effective, you can't just run into the middle of the battle like an assault class. You have to pay more attention to your position, flank more, and play defensively. If you do those effectively you will rape. While success with assault may be more dependent on how good one's aim is, support relies more on positioning and tactics.

Also, I've tried out the Clark using the unlock mod. People say it's a beast at close range, but it only seems marginally better than the stock guns...and only at extremely close range. For those of you use it alot, do you just save it for when you're on the Titan, or do you use it in urban maps as well? The gun sounds like alot of fun but I don't like the idea of getting owned at range.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-11-20 04:07:58)

wodstlk
+2|6396
i love support, but now its a cheater role.  i have so many resuply points that people think i spammed the titan guns. but its the only kit i love, i try to play medic but all i do is die...
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6637|Mhz

I use the Clark like the stock USMC engi gun from BF2, one shot one kill at up to 12m, after that it's damage gets reduced and you're looking at 2-4 shots depending on how many of the pellets hit.

It's no use at range but thats what nades are for
Zukabazuka
+23|6702
Not to talk about that the game is flooded with noobs, really there are shit loads of noobs in the game so playing support make you look like a god to them. I got 19kills before i died on the Fall of berlin where the fight begins in counqest and I was close to the enemy lines to. EUs support weapon should been the unlock because 200 ammo is a lot for a support gun wich just get better aim you more you shoot.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6552|Edmonton Alberta
support with stock lmg+SL uav thing+ a couple people spawning one me on cerebre landing= a bunch of nubs calling me a hacker and
https://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5995/bf21422006111523194214dr6.png

Last edited by straz_mataz (2006-11-20 06:12:04)

zeidmaan
+234|6432|Vienna

LMGs are too good.
thats probably the only thing everyone who ever played bf2142 will agree, exept those few uber leet mofos that are bound to post stuff like, "you can easily killed them with your pistol YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO PLAY". Or even worse: "adapt, supress them and than flank them.... get a good squad and stop moaning and LEARN HOW TO PLAY" and total crap like that.
I hate those people.
Personaly I only played first few days with LMGs and occasionaly when I "Drone Surf" my way on to the titan or on a roof. I just dont find it fair to other people and its not interesting to just hold down left mouse button.
Zukabazuka
+23|6702
They do overheat but if you shoot burst its friking deadly, lucky that it doesn't do so much dmg,
Crap, PAC support weapon should been the unlock not EUs.

Yeah they are good at medium range but closecombat is the way to kill them. but depends on who the guy is and how good he is.
Master*
Banned
+416|6512|United States
shotgun+sensor ftw

EDIT:but recon is still my fav

Last edited by Masterstyle (2006-11-20 05:36:41)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6659|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
The Shuko-89 LMG is the fucking ownage. i'll outsnipe your snipers with it.

spray a bit to heat up the barrel then burst about 4 shots at a time = sniper rifle.

nice scores straz
wantin a game on the -=AN=- server tonight?
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6846

zeidmaan wrote:

LMGs are too good.
thats probably the only thing everyone who ever played bf2142 will agree, exept those few uber leet mofos that are bound to post stuff like, "you can easily killed them with your pistol YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO PLAY". Or even worse: "adapt, supress them and than flank them.... get a good squad and stop moaning and LEARN HOW TO PLAY" and total crap like that.
Sounds like a challenge to me.

Support players are reluctant to move as it stops them from firing well.
Support players are experts at catching nades.

Personally I hate the LMGs and the HMG. Standing still and waiting for the enemy isn't the way I play the game, but I guess that's probably just me. I've started playing Support recently once I'd unlocked the sentry gun and the Clark as they just own on the titan:

https://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1121/owneddb5.png
I may have lost but I sure went down fighting
Master*
Banned
+416|6512|United States

spawnofthemist wrote:

wantin a game on the -=AN=- server tonight?
I get such high ping on that damn server
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6411|Evilsville
As support I always use the sentry gun as a pin down weapon and then attack from the sides. Easy kills.
tino275
+14|6629
I do like the support kit but they all can be good.

I've really played 3 of the 4 kits seriously now(assult, support and Recon).  And I think they all can be very effective. You just have to adjust your style for each one. And to win in this game you have to have some balance. I'll start engeineer after I get about 15 hours as Recon.
Buzerk1
+44|6853
Go for the Clark shot gun tree
JohnLeavitt
+16|6460
ya u have some good points about the support class dude. you should realy unlock the shields and the advanced hub too. the little unlock that scans for enemy units rocks too.. i picked it up afew times. lsupport is wicked powerfull but let me say this though.

I DO NOT PLAY SUPPORT. i am an ASSULT/RECON. I use the BAUR  with rockets. do any of you have any clue of how deadly rockets are to a support player?  u just spam them over his shield. i even fire then over the shiled and have them detonate right over the support guy. I would also like to menstion that the RECON guys that you "own" must really suck. yesterday i played a round on the MINSK map as RECON. i got 29-0 kill death. that is how good of a sniper i am. i own support. hope to see you around... good luck..
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6719|Ontario
i love the clark and the wallhacks thing
perfect for QCQ
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6411|Evilsville
Guess I'm going for the clark as my next unlock.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6755|The Hague, Netherlands

Gillenator wrote:

Guess I'm going for the clark as my next unlock.
good choice
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6411|Evilsville
And then I'm gonna own the -=AN=- server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard