Chillin&killin
+27|6645|Manchester,England
the APC's on this game are god-like.

Fall of Berlin is a great example for the EU, i ended a 64 plyer map with 50 points 30 kills 0 deaths and lots of driver kill assists. the mortar(2nd postion) has a deadly splash damage

gotta say it's the Blackhawk of this game(which probabaly means it will get nerfed)

what do you think of it?
doctorgabel
+2|6412
It is still a very good weapon that some people have already dismissed as useless except for the pod launcher. It has so many different roles it can fill, infantry killing machine, tank support, titan attacker and so on. This is an amazing vehicle but I still love my BF2 APC a little more I think. That will probably change once i start using this new APC more often though.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
The APC is basically the ground blackhawk of 2142.  I got 163 points from kill assists and SL points while sitting in the back of the APC.  Our entire squad had a SPM of over 4.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6556|Montreal
apc + 2nd seat + fall of berlin = boner
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
I love the APC...

Some people under-rate it..

Its pretty deadly, i like it better then a Tank and walker, since the Tank has no machine Gun, and the walker is the most buggy vehicle in BF2142..

Its easy to take out though...

I hope DICE/EA doesn't nerf it..
malarkeycoon
+16|6610|Cardiff

JimmyBotswana wrote:

apc + 2nd seat + fall of berlin = boner
nice
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6418|Newcastle NSW Australia
Yea it is awsome, but not too ovre powered. The game is completly balanced (aside from the support machine guns being better at assulting than assult rifles)
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Wont get nerfed. Easy enough to avoid/destroy on any map.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Sambuccashake
+126|6580|Sweden
The biggest threat is the enemy commander who can take it out with ease with EMP strike + orbital strike.

But other than that I really enjoy cruising along in one of those.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6730
Nobody ever goes enginner in Berlin. I always get my Pilum out when APCs arrive though.
jamie_v1.1
+35|6472|Leeds, UK
Ive just discovered the wonders of soloing in an APC, ive gotta agree the 2nd position as great for taking out infantry, the splash damage of those bombs is unreal. 

But if you come up against another APC its just a stand off, it takes forever to destroy em, i just prefer to EMP and run off and find my next victims, but thinking about it, when i unlock some engineer i could just hop out and do damage that way....
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Too easy to blow up. Especially with rorsch's every 50m, and you have no chance against those freakin homing mines. Not to mention there'll be at least a few engis.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Zukabazuka
+23|6655
The APC don't stand a chance against a tank or walker, even if you shoot at their weakpoints and putting emp on them still the would just turn around and shoot you. But yeah against infantry it rocks, an infantrys worst nightmare.

Walker are damn good if you know how to handle them and those bugs that happen its just either stop or get out and then in.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6615|Ohio
on berlin their amazing, but every where else their ok.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6590|Mhz

Zukabazuka wrote:

The APC don't stand a chance against a tank or walker, even if you shoot at their weakpoints and putting emp on them still the would just turn around and shoot you. But yeah against infantry it rocks, an infantrys worst nightmare.

Walker are damn good if you know how to handle them and those bugs that happen its just either stop or get out and then in.
Thats why you go engineer when you're in an APC, drive straight at him with the shield on, EMP as you're going past, bail and Pilum the fucker in the ass while he's a sitting duck, one hit kill FTW. Walkers are a different matter, just EMP and run the fuck away lol, unless anyone has found a one hit kill spot for those?
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6451|Purdue

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

Thats why you go engineer when you're in an APC, drive straight at him with the shield on, EMP as you're going past, bail and Pilum the fucker in the ass while he's a sitting duck, one hit kill FTW. Walkers are a different matter, just EMP and run the fuck away lol, unless anyone has found a one hit kill spot for those?
A rocket in the skywalker vents. You have to get right under it though. Shoot and run like hell or it's falling on you.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6799
They're great vs. most infantry, but get pummeled by tanks, walkers, gunships, motion mines and the pillum, so that seems about right.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6413

Zukabazuka wrote:

try t tell me that after i load my ACP with RDX then EMP ur walker, ram u and blow ur 20 ton hunk of shit halfway acrost the map ... APC OWNES...

Last edited by JohnLeavitt (2006-11-20 08:35:40)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

JohnLeavitt wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

try t tell me that after i load my ACP with RDX then EMP ur walker, ram u and blow ur 20 ton hunk of shit halfway acrost the map ... APC OWNES...
www.dictionary.com
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6531|Australia, NSW
i just went 85-2 and then 57-0 in the apc soloing

would run away from the walker whenever i saw it, and just ignored the enemy apc. both deaths the first round caused by a noob sneaking into the drive seat then driving straight towards the frontline fighting, resulting in a fast death.
then the map changed
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
I like the APC. It pwnz infantry but if it mets a Mech or Tank it's screwed. Great balance.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard