BlackCow
+2|6368
Let me just start by saying I hate EA.

When I installed the new patch it messed up my game so I had to uninstall BF2 and BF2:SF and reinstall. I then reinstalled the patch and BF2 works fine but when I try to load up BF2:SF I get the error

"mods/bf2/shaders/lighting.fx not found!!! _DO_check your working directory, _AND_sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP, (really!)"

This is obiously a note to other programers that they forgot to take out of the game before releaseing it. My only question is WHY am I getting it! I then reinstalled BF2:SF and I still get the error. What should I do?
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6501|Sydney, in 1978
chuck out your computer and get the original pacman, youll never have any problems ever again. and mabye get space invaders for some variety
BlackCow
+2|6368

Mongoose wrote:

chuck out your computer and get the original pacman, youll never have any problems ever again. and mabye get space invaders for some variety
At least Pac-Man is better programed and more stable then BF2 :-P
-=5TON3D
+42|6505|u.k

BlackCow wrote:

When I installed the new patch it messed up my game so I had to uninstall BF2 and BF2:SF and reinstall. I then reinstalled the patch and BF2 works fine but when I try to load up BF2:SF I get the error

"mods/bf2/shaders/lighting.fx not found!!! _DO_check your working directory, _AND_sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP, (really!)"

This is obiously a note to other programers that they forgot to take out of the game before releaseing it. My only question is WHY am I getting it! I then reinstalled BF2:SF and I still get the error. What should I do?
try not reinstalling again with the same patch file you downloaded that fcked up the first time as it might be a corrupt file.
BlackCow
+2|6368

-=5TON3D wrote:

BlackCow wrote:

try not reinstalling again with the same patch file you downloaded that fcked up the first time as it might be a corrupt file.
I already patched BF2 with SF installed and it dident work, I reinstalled SF and its still not working. Is there a special patch for SF or will the patch for BF2 also patch SF?
-=5TON3D
+42|6505|u.k
the patch covers bf2/sf & the boosters.
if your not confident about following any of the bf2 cleanup guides on the forum,try deleting your bf2 profile folder from mydocuments & bootup bf2 & retrieve your profile again.it could just be something corrupt in a profile setting.
if that doesnt get it working,then uninstall bf2 & sf completely.also deleting the install folder just to make sure all the craps gone.then reinstall & download the full patch again from a different website case the patch you tried was corrupt.

unless your windows is messed up somehow & conflicting with drivers,or a hardware problem,i cant see how the above should'nt get bf2 working again.
BlackCow
+2|6368
I did a search on past threads with people who had this problem and the only solution people gave was:

"
In here:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Shaders_client.zip

copy Lightning.fx and Rain.fx and copy them into here:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\shaders"

The problem is that shaders_client.zip dosent exsist. I don't know why its not copying that file over from the CD. This game used to work, gah and now im spending all night on this problem. I hate EA!!!!!!
TuataraDude
+115|6493|Aotearoa
Don't think this will help much, but try downloading it again. As mentioned above, the patch you have may have been corrupted. I realise it is a large file to download, but it seems like that might be your problem. Did you download it using EA Downloader? I installed mine and have had no issues whatsoever.
BlackCow
+2|6368
Yeah im going to try redownloading the patch, the one I did download was automaticly downloaded through Xfire and it kinda got interupted a lot and so probably something went wrong. That and BF2 was acting strange, like it was showing concle comands and and path names for weapons in game.

Last edited by BlackCow (2006-11-19 21:04:20)

arnica
+18|6651|Sydney
Nothing wrong with the downlaod here .. working smoothly for me ... ooh yeah!!!!
maclennan101
+2|6708
try downloading from ea downloader, my first patch kept losing connection (which i got from multiplay.co.uk) i then installed via downloader viola works fine

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard