blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6693|Little Rock, Arkansas

sparklet wrote:

NOTHING WILL WORK
dell makes their own boards... PSU....etc etc
noything will work
i know this cuz my cousin works for dell
Dude, either you or your cousin don't know what the hell you're talking about. Dell uses standard components, with a few exceptions, to build their desktops. They mostly buy intel-built mobo's, all intel processors, mainly soundblaster audio cards (remember the turtle beach days?), video cards from ati and nvidia, power supplies from all kinds of companies (they buy them by the lot, whoever's cheapest)... the list goes on and on. I've rebuilt at least 50 customer dell computers into new machines, and have had very few problems. Now Sony's on the other hand.....
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6838|Australia

Maj.Do wrote:

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

Maj.Do wrote:

well id go with ATi because ive been using them since the 8000 series.  never failed me.  Ive also used a x300Se .  was a great card for the budget.  Now i have a X850XT.  and waiting for the x1900XT.  : ).   if i were u i would get maybe a non ATi branded x1800XT.  like pwoercolor
non ATi Branded? x1800xt? i dont get it please explain...
x1800xt is an ati card? so how can he get one not made by ati?
u know like instead of ATi Radeon X1800XT.  theres a Powercolor x1800XT, or PNY 9800 Pro.  ATi sells the chips 2.  Also too the guy who said that the 7800 is the fastest.  It will be beating soon in Jan. with the release of the x1900XT.  : ) go ati! lol.  A x1800XT can beat almost 2 7800s if u have a liquid nitrogen cooling system. home made. not sold.  with that and some help from sweedish guys i think u can get the core to over 1.2ghz.  damn thats fast lol  but no one will do that.  thats gonna cost like 800
HAHA yeah be like that guy who tried to cool his gpu with liquid nitrogen and ended up shattering his whole card! froze the thing! dumb ass..

and dude the card still has an Ati chipset so its still an ati card.
just like i got 2 Albatron Geforce 7800's its still got a nvidia chipset so its a nvidia card..
and you should actually do research on who makes your card before you buy it! crappy ram chips on your card will reduce preformance too. not to mention reliability
psychotoxic187
+11|6701
Stoned, he means buy another brand. ATI, unlike Nvidia, makes their own line of cards, and sells the chipsets. I would look for a Connect3D card, as they are an ATI card with the Connect3D logo slapped on the box, and are cheaper. Also, to the person who said a x1800xt loses to a 6800gs,  where are you living? My x850xtpe will walk all over the 6800gs, so I know a x1800xt will.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6784|Jupiter
thanks for the help/im going with the straight out ATI card, no other name brand infront of it, it cost more but its supposed to be more reliable then the other cheaper ones with different name brands on them, and im not poor so i will go with the better one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard