• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • BAD Lag when I start any type of video on desktop ( Big freez Prob )
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6633|Derby, England

Hi guys I'm having this weird problem every time I try and run any type of video on my desktop I get really bad lag/freezing up of the window ( I have to use task manager to close it, or  Turn my PC off by hand, or nothing works )

Here is my system specs

1 gig of memory
7600 GS 256 Meg NVDIA Graphics card
450 Watts PSU ( ATI-GTX )
2800+ CPU

Like I said I can play music fine on it but soon as I put any type of video it lags up my pc so bad I cant do anything with it and I have to ether restart manually or use task manager to close it down )

I have tried latest Windows Media player, DVX player, removed new media player installed 9,10, and still same thing I also have tried,  VLC player, Quick time player, and Real player, I'm sure I pretty much tried them all

I still get bad lag and no vid playing in desktop is there sum sort of fix for this ? I need to get this sorted
Please Help  
Thanks in Advance

Peace Boris
DecJW
Webhoster
+38|6585
Checked for updates for your graphics card?
killinzero1
+14|6389
either that if that doesnt i suggest to reformat ur computer. then do your vid card drivers then windows updates then sound
Breez
+937|6633|Derby, England

DecJW wrote:

Checked for updates for your graphics card?
Thanks for that tip I have download it latest graphics card drivers and still same problem

killinzero1 wrote:

either that if that doesnt i suggest to reformat ur computer. then do your vid card drivers then windows updates then sound
I didn't really wanted to reformat my whole PC just to get Video files to work is there a another way ?

If this helps anyone I went in and turned down my Acceleration level to low and Video files work no problem when I turn it back up to full still same problem, does this help ?

I know 1 of you must of had this problem or know a fix for it it

Thanks again for response guys

Peace Boris
J3ST3R
+59|6515|Vancouver, Canada
don't format i have the exact same problem and I formatted but then it was still there, and we don't even have similar system specs
velocitychaos
+26|6498|Brisbane Australia
I have exactly the same problem it sucks, so far all i can put it down to is that it has something to do with your (our) card(s) being Nvidia and that they SUCK ARSE or something.
I will never buy Nvidia again, but i'm sure there are peeps out there that Nvidia and don't have this problem.
I go thru the whole turn the graphics accelerator down every time i want to watch vids (that SUCKS ARSE).
If you do find an answer could you plz message me for +karma, and heaps of it!
BTW i have a Geforce 7600 gs 512Mb
1 gb memory
500 wattt PS
3200 amd

BTW again i've done all the update BS AND nothing

Last edited by velocitychaos (2006-11-18 23:29:38)

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
question: do you have teamspeak running when you are trying to play the movies? i have had an issue like this (though in quicktime only), and the issue turned out to be the fact that ts was running in the background.
Breez
+937|6633|Derby, England

velocitychaos wrote:

I have exactly the same problem it sucks, so far all i can put it down to is that it has something to do with your (our) card(s) being Nvidia and that they SUCK ARSE or something.
I will never buy Nvidia again, but i'm sure there are peeps out there that Nvidia and don't have this problem.
I go thru the whole turn the graphics accelerator down every time i want to watch vids (that SUCKS ARSE).
If you do find an answer could you plz message me for +karma, and heaps of it!
BTW i have a Geforce 7600 gs 512Mb
1 gb memory
500 wattt PS
3200 amd

BTW again i've done all the update BS AND nothing
Sounds exactly the same problem as me :-)

@ [TUF]Whiskey_Oktober no bro I turned everything off trhe BG see if it was the cose of the issue but still same thing, I even changed default player to Quickplayer on desktop still same thing noting is watchable, unless i turn the Acceleration level to low
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

1. Uninstall extra video/audio codecs.
2. Reboot into safe mode and uninstall video drivers with Driver Cleaner 3.0. Reinstall with the latest WHQL certified.
3. Reinstall codecs as they are needed (divx and quicktime should be sufficient for most users).

killinzero1 wrote:

Not before trying everything reasonable.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-11-19 07:04:14)

J3ST3R
+59|6515|Vancouver, Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

1. Uninstall extra video/audio codecs.
2. Reboot into safe mode and uninstall video drivers with Driver Cleaner 3.0. Reinstall with the latest WHQL certified.
3. Reinstall codecs as they are needed (divx and quicktime should be sufficient for most users).

killinzero1 wrote:

Not before trying everything reasonable.
did this work for you velocitychaos or badhq?
p3lvicthrust
Banned
+16|6403
SON   OF   A   BITCH

why does everyone say "reformat"?! that should only be done when the O/S goes bad/HD crashes, not when you have a problem with video...fuckin hell it pisses me off when I see some JAP say "guhguhguh reformat guhguhguhhh*uglyface*"

Do you have QUICKTIME installed on your computer, are you most times running Yahoo Messenger and Quicktime?

if you have Quicktime installed on your computer UNINSTALL IT, I know its used to watch videos on the net but just see if there's an improvement after uninstalling it...Im sure there will be because I had this problem, uninstalled it and shit dont freeze anymore lol

Sounds exactly the same problem as me :-)

@ [TUF]Whiskey_Oktober no bro I turned everything off trhe BG see if it was the cose of the issue but still same thing, I even changed default player to Quickplayer on desktop still same thing noting is watchable, unless i turn the Acceleration level to low sad
your problem is your Quickplayer/Quicktime from Apple Computers.................atleast when I uninstalled that bs every application ran normally again, no freezes, no blank program windows...soo yeah uninstall quicktime and see if thats your fix

Last edited by p3lvicthrust (2006-11-27 23:14:58)

• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • BAD Lag when I start any type of video on desktop ( Big freez Prob )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard